“Not bad place to stay, lots of potential if they get it right.”
Review of Zing Resort & Spa

Zing Resort & Spa
Ranked #35 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Melbourne, Australia
“Not bad place to stay, lots of potential if they get it right.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights for the first time. We got a super deluxe room which is located at the quiet wing. We can't hear a thing. Our friends booked suite rooms facing the pool were complaining the noise of the on going constructions.
The basic breakfast was ok , the staffs at the reception and cafe area are good but those at the swimming pool ,sauna and front restaurant need to lift their games a little bit.
We were not sure the sauna is part of the hotel or not, hotel guest still need to pay an extra 100B to use the facilities. The price is not a big ask but that was the worst sauna I have to say, there is a lots of safety issues need to consider especially at the cold spa area. There are more staff than customer in there. Most of the locker doesn't work at all. From time to time you will see a lady staff work in and out of the sauna area. Another lady boy staff constantly standing right at the entrance glass door staring at the guests in there ( which is hardly anyone in there )
The hotel location is great and much quiet than we were expected. Good restaurants and lots of bars surround.
We have to say there are lots of potential of this place if the management try to improve some of the little things.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ganymede_Jomtien, General Manager at Zing Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions for improvement! Your feed back is really important to us and we will work together with the relevant departments to keep improving our standards and facilities!
looking forward to seeing you again at Ganymede Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
yossi007
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was the second time at
I must say only good words on the hotel
was alone at my first visit and the team of the hotel gives a feeling of home.On the second visit I arrived with my partner all over again was excellent
Always fun to sit on the terrace of the cafe and smoke a good cigar to feel the atmosphere of Pattaya
The only thing gdid not like the hotel I must mention is the quality of the boys in the hotel café
there's a saying when the brothel does not working
you do not change the beds but change the ...
look for new handsome boys !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
With regards to the front bar, it has now been re opened as a tropical style themed bar, the prefect place to hang out with friends or try one of our delicious cocktails, or just chill with your favourite book...

looking forward to seeing you again!
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed several times at the Ganymede and always enjoyed it. This time I came with a friend in wheelchair who can not walk at all, and we had reserved the poolside room as I was sure that there were no stairs, but I was wrong 2 high steps to get down to the room, I was the only one to blame, as I did not ask when I did the reservation, so with help from staff I could get the chair lifted up and down, hard work 110kg, BUT whiteout asking or expecting it, the manager heard about the problem, and he sent a worker down to make a concrete ramp, and within 3 hours a ramp was build and ready to be used from the next morning. Soon all the buildings will have lift to all floors, so it will be easy to get to the rooms, and the location is few minutes to the beach, shopping, bar etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your nice comments! It was a pleasure having you and your friends staying with us. I was so happy you stuck with us while we build the special ramp to facilitate your friends coming and going. We like to think that working in the service industry that we should always try our hardest to make someone stay as pleasant as possible! As you mentioned in your comments in the meantime all rooms have elevator access!!
we looking forwards seeing you again at Ganymede!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

On my regular trips to Pattaya, this time around I've decided to stay somewhere different from my usual stays in big hotel an busy hotels from the past. I've chosen Ganymede for its location - close to absolutely everything and my favorite part of Jomtien beach. I was pleasantly surprised, room was nice and spacious, huge bathroom with shower and bath plus small balcony. My room was in Ganymede wing - Deluxe Resort. Very happy with service and breakfast was delicious although there is only three options available. There is nice swimming pool but experience might be spoiled by noise from ongoing construction (hotel expansion). Plenty of the bars and restaurant around and only 10 min by taxi you are in Pattaya and Walking street.
I was so happy with my last stay in Ganymede that I'm already planing my next stay in February next year.

Room Tip: Just a couple doors away you can enjoy Thailand Blind Association Massage place. Highly recommended...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Right outside the window of the sleeping room are massiv construction works going on. Expect to be woken up at 7am. In the bathroom is a toxic smell from the pipesystem. As well, the spa area is closed at the time beeing. Even though there is a quite nice pool, there are better choices at jomtien complex.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Flugg
Birmingham
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked in at Ganymede initially for three nights and ended up staying for three weeks!! Due to our length of stay we was even given a little discount. Was a great way to end to our 6months travels.
The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily, any minor concerns was dealt with efficiently. There was bottles of water provided in our room daily and there was a t.v and fridge and as we was on a budget was great to store our bread for homemade sandwiches and alcohol.
Loved the pool so relaxing, went the beach one day and didn't return too busy.
Didn't try the breakfast but the local evening meals was very nice.
Hotel staff was very friendly and hotel manger Stuart was very helpful. All the people staying at Ganymede was very nice and friendly too.
The noise from the club wasn't really heard from where we was staying so don't let that put you off and I'm sure Stuart or other staff will help if the room is a problem.
Only criticism they advertise a spa but can only be used by men we could use the spa until midday I think and that was after speaking to the manager.
I was so sad to leave we got a little to comfortable would definitely return.
Thank you for our lovely stay at Ganymede xx

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My stay was 13th October for 2 nights...and this was the service.

When I arrived after a 14 hour trip from London and everthing unpacked all I wanted was a nice warm shower. The water was cold...when I went to mention this to the reception staff...the boy just said OK change rooms...so I had to lug all my clothes and suitcases to the next floor...only to find that the room they offered still had no hot water...the reception boy just smiled and said maybe have tomorrow !

Accepting defeat I went to try the safe...no instructions! again another trip to reception and the same receptionist came to the room and had no idea how to set the combination for the safe.

He simply said ...Take money and passport with you!?!?! Could not believe he just diid not care less about my valuables....when I told him I was not happy... he said he did not like working at the Ganymede anyway ! and left!

Terrible attitude.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for the more expensive rooms they are older and the only benifit is the elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sevin h
Ganymede_Jomtien, General Manager at Zing Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Sir

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this review. In our line of business it is invaluable to get feedback from our guests, wether it i positive or negative.

I am appalled and quite frankly shocked by the attitude displayed by my staff in dealing with an issue that could have been resolved smoothly and efficiently within a minimum period of time! There is no excuse for this type of behaviour and I have taken steps in assuring that the correct way of dealing with these issues are once again explained to all staff as set out in our procedures manual . There is no space for laziness or ignorance in our line of work if we intend to run an efficient and professional organisation. The person in question has come forward and is placed on a probationary period under the watchful eye of our front office manager.

I sincerely apologise for the hardship you had to endure during what was supposed to be a relaxing stay at our property and I urge you to get in contact with me directly to discus this issue further. Should you consider a stay with us in the future, I will personally assure a smooth and comfortable stay at best rates possible, starting with a free massage on the house. By the end of the year all rooms will have elevator access and our brand new spa will be opened.

Once again on behalf of the team and myself sorry for failing to provide you with the service we are so proud of.

Best regards