“Brand new hotel with a slightly beginnings problems”

Centara Pattaya Hotel
Ranked #31 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We planned to stay here a few nights but ended up staying here only 1 night. Although the staff was friendly and service minded, the room was comfortable and the buffet breakfast good. But the electrical wiring problems and the light unpleasant smell in the bathroom were things that did put is off.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChangNoi1
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Hello. It is true that most New facilities will have some "tweaking" and fine tuning to do. I do apologise that you experienced some problems but do hope you can visit us and see the completed product. Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and facilities. I know you will enjoy our offering if you indeed have the chance to come again.
Take care,

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Almost rooms are 2 bedrooms suite. In fact it is 2 rooms and has extra door before separating to 2 rooms. It has connecting door. Room A is king size bed with bathtub and shower while room B is twin bed but bed size is quite big(5 ft) with only shower. It Just open for 3 months and has 2 buildings. Just open one while the other is decorating with swimming pool in between these 2 buildings. Room is new but air condition is not good. Only swimming pool and 1 restaurant is opened. Swimming pool is beside restaurant so it seems you are showing to guest who is dining. Location is quite convenient but car park is quite limited. Car parked in front of hotel so it is difficult to go in and out if you have to load your stuffs. Food price is reasonable. Overall should be 3 or 3.5 stars not 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Pord

Dear valued guest,
I am appreciative of your comments and thank you for taking the time to rate the property. We have worked hard to progress the property and complete any outstanding construction. As you can see in other reviews we are having some excellent feedback.
I hope you can visit us again soon and see the completed product. I hope you enjoyed the heavily discounted rate we provided in the soft opening period and I know you will love the completed product.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Think of a travelodge on a street with a go go bar, derelict building opposite (see photo). If this is what you want then it's a nice hotel. Don't get me wrong the hotel itself is new and the rooms are clean, staff very good.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Gillybean16
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Hello. Its great that you took the time to review the hotel. We appreciate the feedback. I am sure you will enjoy the completed facilities if you have the opportunity to come back.
We have many return guests due to the location, service and reasonable pricing. I hope we have the chance to meet you again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Our family is currently staying at hotel now. This is our 2nd and last stay at this hotel.
On the first stay the pool was green and was closed, I guess when you book a Centara hotel you expect a certain standard and when making the reservation if they had advised that the pool is closed we could have made alternative plans, sending us to a pool in another hotel does not cut it . Now onto the 2nd stay, although the pool is open you an still see traces of the green slime on the pool tiles. They now have the option of breakfast by the pool, which the cook has sweat coming off her face and dripping into the food as she cooks, the GM should get out and about and look at how things are working in the hotel. My 8 year old daughter said the best thing about the hotel is the oranges they put in the room, and next time daddy we come to Pattaya can we please stay at another hotel as this one is not nice.

Centara hotels management should make sure the standards are in place before openings hotel as the English of the staff is poor at best, there was two girls sitting behind the counter in the snack food section of the lobby, I felt I has inconvenienced them when I tried to order a coffee.

Congratulations on the fruit in the room, the rest is very poor.

Room Tip: For families stay somewhere else, and consctruction is still hapening and the noise by the pool is...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Trevor M

To our valued customer,
I appreciate your comments on the hotel and services. The opening process is indeed a touch one and I am dissapointed that you didnt enjoy your stay with us.
I must say that I am having many favourable comments about the services and facilities now so I would encourage you to visit us again and see the completed product. When the hotel opened we did offer heavily discounted rates for any inconvenience due to construction but I am sure you will be very pleased with our offer now that all works are complete. The family market in particular is really enjoying our facilities.
I hope you can take the time to visit us again soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We only stayed one night but Centara Pattaya wasn't at all that impressive. The hotel just opened so there were construction going on in some buildings, thankfully none could be heard at night. The swimming pool is medium-sized and unremarkable. The lobby was decorated like they were aiming for a modern look. The rooms were brand new and pleasantly decorated. Air conditioning and electronics all worked fine but the room service menu was so limited, with only a few choices of appetizers, some curries, some Thai dishes and maybe 1 or 2 salads.

We hung out at the pool for a swim and some 69 baht glasses of draft Singha beer and some employees were setting up a food buffet for their staff party near the area and they offered us complimentary snacks so that was a nice touch. But overall, the staff are inexperienced, and some outright rude. I think it's suppose to be rated as a 4 star but we would not give it more than 2, giving it a 3 would be generous. Maybe after operating for a few more months things will improve, but as for now it is still a bit too new.

Room Tip: Either all or most of the rooms are connecting rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to comment on the Hotel and facilities. As you can see from other reviews we have come a long way since opening and I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon. I know you will enjoy the finished product and I am especially proud of the service standard we offer.
When you re book please remind us of your return guest status and we can assist you with any extra needs.
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stayed at Centara Pattaya Hotel in January 2012, just 8 days after the hotel opened.
Of course there are a few startup problems, but nothing major.
The hotel is modern and comfortable. Central location in a quiet sou just 2 minutes walk to 2nd road and the bath bus.
Only one wing of the hotel is opened yet, but there is no building noice.
I am staying in a one bedroom suite, and it is value for money.
There is a mid size pool and sunbeds around. Hotel lobby with lobby bar and restaurant, both good priced.
Friendly and serviceminded staff.
And the wifi is good and fast - and best of all; free :)
I reccomend this hotel as a value for money 4 stars hotel in the heart of Pattaya.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank FrankN-TH
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. It is true that when you stayed the property was very new. Since then we have completed all of the hotel construction. The electric wires at the front of the hotel have been removed and we are now operating as a completed product. I hope you are able to visit us in the future and see us again.
I am very grateful for your comments.
Take care

Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel is brand new and you can tell as soon as you walk into the lobby and the rooms. Very modern, clean, comfortable and quiet. Right on 2nd Road, just across from Soi 6 (anyone who is familiar with Pattaya will know why that is important...;-).....) in mid-North Pattaya, the location is pretty good.

The staff are very nice, the diverse breakfast is both Western and Asian, and the bed was very comfortable. And lastly, booked a really cheap price on Agoda during high season.

Room Tip: Use Agoda.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank nyujay2010

Dear Sir,
You are our first review on Trip advisor. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on our facilities and services. When you visited us at Centara Pattaya Hotel we had only been open for a week or so. I am glad you enjoyed our service and location. The whole hotel is now fully operational, so if you are in Pattaya again we look forward to welcoming you to our facility.
Thank you again for being our first contributor.
Kind Regards,