“check location”
Review of Marina Inn Pattaya

Marina Inn Pattaya
Ranked #327 of 565 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2014

when we booked we did not check the area first, although not a bad area it is in the center of the gay district. this is not a bad thing but it was not what we expected.
also a little out of the way from the hustle and bustle of pattaya main area, which did suit us at times. even so just a 5 minute walk to second road and a baht bus would take you to the shopping and bar zones.
the hotel is OK , basic but clean. the rooms are big enough with good storage , tv and air-con, with a safe box.
they have a nice pool if you just want to chill out for the day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marina Inn Pattaya

Reviewed January 27, 2014

i stayed here just for a night, and have not stayed more either. the place is shady, the room is just ok and the bathroom stinks of some wierd toilet cleaner. its a very old hotel. geyser is pathetic.

People are helpful, and surely its easy on your pocket too. please use this place only if you have to keep your baggage.This place is not for couples looking out for a good ralaxing vacation. the place has no lift, so if u are on some top floor you are going to have a bad bad time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chefanthony_david
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on my forgettable trip to pattaya. I would say at the first sight of this hotel, I thought it’s going to be hard to stay here. But when I look at the price I was going to pay, I feel it’s worth the money. You can’t expect anything better than this for 30 USD per night. Hotel doesn’t smells very good; reception area is totally depending upon natural air flowing and small fans (no A/C in lobby). Rooms are basic; wash room is small but practical. There was a safe in room as well. TV was there but the reception of channels was worst. I was staying on B (2nd ) floor but I think rooms on 1st floor are better. Swimming pool was amazing to relax and swim around. It is just a short walk from all the happening places in Pattaya. Beach is around 10 mins walk away.
Over all it is a good hotel with a good value for money and very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Keep a useless credit card in key slot to keep AC running when u are outside. It takes ages to cool...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Life1062717
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Location - Going in the direction of Jomtien, go past VC Hotel and take the second turning left. Marina Inn is In or very close to Sunee Plaza and above several bars and nightclubs. The area is good for meals and drinks. But, if you are a light sleeper then ask for a "quiet" room which will face the rear of the property rather than a room over the bars.
I started with an "over the bars" room and on a Saturday night ! but I have to say, the noise was not that bad, but the next day the management were happy to move me to a quieter location.
The swimming pool is large and has both a shallow end and a deep end but unfortunatly the water was not heated (to heat such a large pool would be monstrously expensive) and so the water was far too cold for me to take the plunge. However it had a good selection of loungers around the pool for a quiet afternoons nap or read.
My room was fine, about average size, with tv, aircon and electric shower which all worked fine.
Added bonuses were a wet room and a fridge that stayed on when you left the room, so ice could be kept in the freezer box for late nightcaps. The internet connection didnt work too well while i was there, cutting out for long periods but the management later assured me they had fixed the problem and sure enough i had no further problems.
The staff were friendly and i had no complaints about that.
Contrary to earlier reviews, Walking Street is a good 10 minute walk away.
Overall this was a good value guest house and assuming I could get a quiet room i would certainly stay here again and would recommend it.

(Beware of” JIM PHONE” small shop at the bottom of the road, just before you get to the Main Road, the man is an absolute crook. I went there to buy an extension lead for my headphones; he gave me a piece of wire which he assured me would do the job, for 150 baht. Of course when I got back to my hotel room I found it was completely useless. When I went back to JIM PHONE for a refund he just laughed at me and said more fool me for buying it ! I later got the correct lead (branded and boxed) at a department store for one third the price. BEWARE OF STREET VENDORS!)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (as per my review)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed December 8, 2012

stayed here for two days wanted more but they could not do so hotel was ok a bit over priced compared to others swimming pool good area ok not to far from everything rooms big enough a little dated but ok staff allright struggled to get a taxi from hotel to bangkok they did not understand where the khosam road was.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dariandoreen
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Surely, if you're used to staying in nice hotels, don't come here. But if you're a budget traveler, or backpacker, and know what to expect in this price range, you'll agree it's pretty great.

The good: It's clean enough, the rooms are big enough, the bed is comfortable enough and the shower kind of works. The location is fine, you're in the action of Pattaya, which I guess is why you came here ;) King size bed and privacy for 20 bucks? Only in Thailand! :)

The bad: The plumbing is bad, there are sketchy characters lurking in the lobby, and you can hear your neighbor sneeze...or whatever else.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had very good time in this hotel.The location is good just 5 minutes walking distance from the main road.I loved the swimming pool very big &sunny .I loved it.The rooms &bathrooms seems little old but i didnt expect much for us$25.I had good time &i will defenately come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo