“WOW!!! A wonderful hotel”

Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya
Ranked #51 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Watford UK
“WOW!!! A wonderful hotel”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The Centara Nova in Pattaya is a wonderful hotel with friendly staff who go out their was to be kind and helpful. I've read some very negative reviews on this hotel and I must say that they must have been talking about a totally different hotel.
The hotel is not in any 'slums' like a previous review said. If you have watched 'slumdog millionaire' you will know what a slum is.
previous reviews made it sound like this is the only hotel off the beaten track, there are at least 4-5 other hotels around the Centara Nova all of which were 3-4 star hotels. the Bhat buses are also parked up 10 seconds away from the main enterance, or you can get the golf buggy from outside the hotel to the Centara Pattaya(5 min walk). The beach is a 10 min walk away and outside the hotel you have a 7 Eleven, laundry service, and massage salons. I never found that the hotel was noisy in the middle off the night with motorbikes. The hotels on the main beach strip would have been noisy with the hussle and bussle of the '24hrs Pattaya never sleeps' way off life, night markets and food vendors. If you want a holiday that is quiet then don't go to Pattaya however if you want the best of both worlds then stay at the Centara Nova. The hotel pool is ahhhh!! how can I describe it. 'Heaven' the pool area benefits from sun from around 10 am (march)until 5pm-ish, and shade if you do not want too much sun (like my other half lol). We did have to move around the pool area to get the loungers for basking in the sun throughout the day but I did not mind that.
If I come back to Pattaya again I will stay in the centara nova without a shadow of a doubt and i would recommend the hotel too all my friends and family. I've stayed in 3 Centara hotels and like always have always lived up to the best expectations. Can't wait to book my next holiday. And yes I will stay at a Centara hotel..
Thank you Centara nova Pattaya. We had a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank cookielikesithot
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
I really appreciate your comments. Of course, for us, its great to see that you enjoyed your stay.
Your detailed response and advice for future customers was great to see. It is valuable for all to see such an objective approach to customer feedback. Often comments and feedback fall well short of reality and this confuses our market.
Honestly, if I were to describe the facilities and location of our hotel..........I would have described it in the exact same way.
I hope we can see you again in Pattaya soon.
Best regards,
Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my gem during my stay in Pattaya! The staff were friendly and welcoming, very attentive to my partner and I in regards to recommendations and travel advice. The room was lovely with a view over the pool- OMG! The pool and pool bar was a big seller for me.
As for location, I thought was perfect. Some reviews on here complained about it being far but it was close to central Pattaya, near Soi 6 and main roads. Plus transportation was very cheap, 10 baht if you hitch a ride on the baht bus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peppapug85
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the positive feedback. Often in this industry, it is only the negative that is brought to light, so we do appreciate your comments. I have informed our team who are very happy and looking forward to welcoming you again when you next visit Pattaya.
Kind regards,
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We checked in at a time when Pattaya was kind of Switched Off. The staff greeted us with a Welcome Drink. Since we checked in and till the time we checked out, did not feel low at all. I booked the hotel via Expedia so my friends were tapping my back. The Rooms were great and so was the food. The staff is real polite and smart to understand your needs. The hotel had WI-Fi and also a cyber zone to access internet.
Not to be forgotten, the POOL. It was great. Had a pool side bar and luckily when I splashed, the Happy hours were on the go.

Last be the best, never miss the Spa here. The staff is great and polite. The spa services are pretty much relaxing and also affordable. Probably the best Spa in Pattaya.

All in all a very nice stay. I would say 10/10

Room Tip: Take the appointment for the Spa in advance. They are always booked !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hello,
Its great for us that you took the time to rate us on Trip advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
If you are visiting Pattaya again in the future it would be great to meet you again.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

we are a couple in our twentys and have just spent a week here, we heard mixed reviews about pattaya but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was just away from all the business so you was able to choose weather u wanted to have a crazy or quiet holiday. The rooms were lovely and the staff were really lovely to they couldnt help enough.We also met the manager of the hotel who bought us a drink. We didnt have any problems and they also offered a free BBQ everyday from 5 till 7. The food was also reasonably priced unlike some hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to rate us! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased that you enjoyed Pattaya. There is always something to do and see.
I do hope you can visit us again in the future.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A big thank you to Austin and all his staff for the courtesy, friendliness and efficiency they showed us on our stay. I always found the staff helpful, attentive and considerate, moreover most of them have a reasonable understanding of English (more than I have of Thai). I enjoyed the hotel’s location and loved the hustle and bustle of the neighbourhood street culture.

Some people have made negative comments to TripAdvisor about staff attitude. I found no problems. It was the attitude of some hotel guests that shocked me. Some guests were totally arrogant and rude to the staff. In the face of this, staff remained polite and attentive, they way I always found them to be. For example: I asked for a slip mat for the shower room. Within two hours someone had been sent out to buy a suitable mat and had brought it to our room. For example: I was walking to the hotel carrying shopping, one of the bar staff recognised me as a hotel guest, stopped and gave me a lift back on his scooter. For example: Unfortunately my wife was hospitalised during our stay. The staff daily asked after her and showed genuine concern. Austin made a point of telling me he and his staff would do what they could to help. Indeed, Por and another staff (sorry I don’t know your name) visited my wife in hospital and took her a beautiful flower arrangement. This was a kind, unexpected and considerate act.

As for the hotel: I found there was a good selection to choose from at breakfast. As soon as I came down for breakfast Bow, Tuk, Somme, and not forgetting Ong, would bring me a pot of tea without me asking. They’d taken the time and trouble to note that this is want I wanted for breakfast.

As for the location: others have complained about this too, no pleasing some! Yes, there are local people living and working around the hotel, it is their country after all. For me the location was a plus, I loved the hustle and bustle of village life. Had those who were so quick to use TripAdvisor to complain, taken just a few minutes to check before booking, they would have found and even seen, the hotel’s exact location and neighbourhood. If they’d done this they might have prevented themselves both of being ‘exposed’ to Thai people and getting a glimpse into their rich culture.

So, well done and thank you to Austin and his staff. Your helpfulness, friendliness, courtesy and efficiency were greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: Ground floor easy access to pool area for wheel chairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank victor s
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Vic,
Thank you for your very kind comments. I do hope that your wife has recovered from her illness and perhaps you will have time to re visit Pattaya when she is well.
My entire team remember you both very fondly and hope to see you again.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a great time with my mates here a couple of weeks ago.

With respect to those customers who claim to have had the worst time, our visit could not have been better.

Really attentive staff, great service from the Tour Desk, which I now understand is a joint operation with the desk at Centara, excellent food and a good experience all round. 'Beer' was really helpful and filled our time with stuff to do.

The hotel doesn't claim to be 5 star, so if it doesn't always go above and beyond what you would expect from a fairly small hotel, for the money asked to stay, I think it's just unfair to spit your dummy out, in my opinion.

Whilst staying here, I met the Australian manager who can be seen around the place. He is an approachable guy, very pragmatic and really helpful in terms of his insights into the area.

I read a review further down and it's true, 'Bo' in the restaurant is a complete delight.

Do yourself a favour and spend some time exploring the finer side of Pattaya from this charming hotel. So long as your expectations are of this real world, given the price you pay, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just stipulate what you want, and if they can accommodate, they do. My room was cool. Ground floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lloyd H
Dear Sir,
Nice to hear that you are still enjoying our product and service after a few stays. Its good to know also that our Tour Desk was able to offer you many options around Pattaya at a reasonable price.
They indeed add great value to our business.
Please visit us again if you are in Pattaya again in the future. Thank you for taking your time to rate us in the public domain.
Best Regards,
Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked into this hotel for 16 nights in Jan, we stuck it for 3 nights and then checked out, this is the hotel from hell, we paid to move to the cape dara resort which was a true holiday hotel

The biggest problem this hotel has is its location, it is literally located in the middle of pattayas worst slum, to get to this hotel you have a 15 minute walk down a track which is filled with fast moving motorbikes and stray dogs, there is no pavement and if you decide to risk your life and walk it you have to constantly jump into door ways etc, you have to get taxis to and from this hotel, the poor locals living round this hotel are existing in timber sheds and shelters

The hotel building itself is clean and the staff are friendly, the rooms are modern but the entire pool and sun deck is in the shade, this hotel does not get any sun anytime in winter, we were here on a sun holiday and couldnt sunbathe at our hotel, apparently from april to october the pool gets sun for a few hours a day!

Sleep is impossible at this hotel unless your are drunk!! the corridors are open plan and the hotel is built on the track/road the motorebikes are at there worst from about midnight until 3am and whilst the hotel cant stop the bikes the noise from them stopped us sleeping and this was a room on the sixth floor, the main clientile whilst we were there were groups on lads out for a drinking holiday so that also added to the noise as they were shouting and screaming from balcony to balcony

The breakfast is very poor, they are trying to cater for various nationalities so there is a wee bit for everyone but its a very basic school canteen breakfast, whilst we were there the main bar was not open at all and the pool bar/swim up bar was not open, everything was done from the breakfast room, so again even more facilities that we were paying for were not available.

I had to laugh at the previous review praising the five star service etc, its not a five star hotel and doesnt advertise as one and the service and standards are certainly not 5 stars

We were not at all happy with this hotel, we asked to speak to the manager on several occasions but he/she was not available, we spoke to the reception manager and asked if we could pay the extra to move to one of the other centara hotels in the resort and they spoke to the area office but we were refused, we would have to pay for an entire new booking, this is what we ended up doing anyway as we were not having a holiday at this hotel, we changed to the cape dara hotel and what a diference absolute heaven!!

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Raymond K
Dear Sir,
Its a pitty that you didnt enjoy your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologise for this. It does seem that you required a different location. Pattaya has many options and I am sure there will be a product that suits you better.
The clear majority of our guests do enjoy our product and service but I have taken your comments on board.
Thank you for taking the time to rate us.
Best Regards,