“5 STAR Palace! Luxury resort & A1 Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya
Ranked #50 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Sydney, Australia
“5 STAR Palace! Luxury resort & A1 Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at NOVA HOTEL & SPA PATTAYA twice in 2012. I returned again in January 2013 for 2 weeks. I Love this resort! What's not to like? It's absolute Luxury at its best. Beautiful standard of everything, right from how I was greeted in the Hotel lobby by the most polite and friendliest staff I have encountered.

I was amazed at the level of total luxury in this hotel, beautiful foyer leading out to an amazing blue lagoon swimming pool, complete with spa and swim up bar! Total heaven!

My bags were taken up to my room by super efficient and friendly staff, who greeted me at my door with instructions for door key swipe and air con. Unlike other 5 star Hotels back in Australia, the staff did not have there hands out for a tip!

Upon entry to my luxurious suite, I was greeted with a welcome surprise of a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne, sent by management.

My entire 2 week stay was nothing short of superb. From the high room standard, excellent meals and wonderful super friendly service from all the staff.

Staff from housekeeping were very attentive and delivered a consistently high level of service, simple things like leaving extra towels and ice to the room, was done after only asking once! Great service every single time just made my stay so much more enjoyable.

Upon reading some earlier comments on trip adviser from some previous hotel guests, it's
hard to believe they were referring to the same resort. Unbelievable really and disappointing to hear!

I have stayed at NOVA Hotel & Spa on three occasions over the last year and I just won't stay anywhere else, period! NOVA simply cannot be beaten for location(5 Mins to Walking Street), value and standard of luxury! To the staff at NOVA thank you all for another quality stay, keep up the excellent work! I have my next trip in July already booked. NOVA Hotel & Spa here I come again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am glad you had another great stay, I appreciate greatly your comments but moreover, I appreciate you taking the time to put them in the public domain. Sometimes we only hear the negative so it is lovely to hear of you positive experience.
I do hope you come to see us again in the future.
Best regards
Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

stayed there for 1 week last week very disappointed with hotel and service first of all must thank for birthday cake and changing room so we could catch some sun as there is none at the pool got 2 gin and tonics at 400+bht and undrinkable mojitas used to be really good now taste like cough medicine also had to sit an watch 3 indians fondle a girl in the pool also drinking in the jacuzzi while the manager was sitting behind last rewiew gave this hotel the best hotel in pattaya not anymore and going by most recent rewiews most folk think the same

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheDug
Hello there,
I think you were travelling with the previous guest who rated the hotel.
My apologies for the negative experience. We always try to be as helpful as possible.
edinburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed here before (twice) in the time that it has been open and first thought it was fabulous but unfortunately it has lost is sparkle and the room standard and also food standard are not up to the same as when it first opened and I was very disappointed that I had decided to come back and stay here, I am not prejudice but the amount of ethnic origin staying at the hotel has increased and was very upset to see an indian gentleman swimming in the pool in his underwear while the manager was sitting by the pool - he was with a Thai lady and he and his two friends were fondling this girl in the jacuzzi and also drinking in the pool which went completely over the managers head, I totally disagree with this and swimwear should be compulsory. At breakfast they were eating everything in sight and also taking it away with them. Sorry but you have lost your sunshine and I will not be coming back.
I also asked for my room to be changed as the toilet seat was not fixed properly and it took a day to fix it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janis12
Hello,
I am sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay this time around. Being an International standard hotel we do cater to all nationalities and cultures. I am sorry that some of our guests intruded negatively on your experience. May I suggest in the future, communicating with one of the Managers at the hotel who, in most cases would be able to make your stay more comfortable. We do try to fix any problems on the spot. Just let us know during your stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am still currently at the hotel and I arrived 6 days ago and was disappointed at the housekeeping service. After having personally spoken to the GM (Austin Robinson), I am totally satisfied that the below will no longer be an issue for any future guests. The GM was exemplary in the way he had handled our issues in a long meeting. The transformation was remarkable and my group of friends could clearly see the difference when we returned to the hotel and our rooms with particular note of the hotel's staff friendliness. I had all intentions of marking this hotel as poor with my friends which no longer applies.

The hotel is new and very clean. My small change went missing on my 2nd day and again on the 4th day when I purposely left them on the dressing table. The same applies to one my friend's change which went missing. I guess the cleaners assumes that it was their tips so don't leave any money lying around. It's not a problem for me as its only small change but the principle of it is not good! This is now not a problem.

The room service have been very poor. Only one toilet roll is supplied and if you run out you will need to ring reception or run downstairs. Not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel? Most would supply 2 toilet rolls as standard. The complimentary bath shampoo, shower gel, soap is also not being replenished daily. I take mine and give it to the poor people I see outside the hotel sometimes with the sachet of teas and coffees. These too were not being replenished. I noticed after the second day none was supplied to the extend that my soap ran out. Again not what you expect from a 4 star hotel. The other issue are the bed sheets which have not been changed for 5 days even though I have not put the 'do not change' bed sheet card on the bed. I would have preferred to have it changed once every 2 or 3 days. One of my friend in room near the rubbish chute found many cockroaches in different days so best to avoid these rooms. It was noted by my friends and I that the above is now not a problem.

One of the best thing about this hotel is the fantastic service from one of the poolside staff called Ong. I cannot praised him enough. I was explaining my lunch order to one of the waiters with the start of my repeated frustration and he noticed it and came quickly to resolve my order. The food at the hotel was good and reasonably priced. There is also a lack of understanding the English language amongst the night staff.

The other issue encountered is the very slow service with the shuttle buggy which takes you to the more centrally located Centara sister hotel. You can walk the distance of around 1km by the time the buggy arrives! This is no longer the case!

Tey the night staff does not know of poolside staff name called Ong even though I suggested that this can be found on telephone list or staff names list which surely must be available for H&S and day to day running of the hotel?

Overall my friends and I would return to this hotel as I can see that everything I have discussed with the manager have been put right. The hotel is a year old and looks very modern. Although there are better and more centrally located hotels near the beach and shopping area the reasonable menu and improved services makes it worth while.

1 Thank Ed121
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Sir,
I thank you for your comments but moreover thank you for your co-operation. All too often in this business individuals guard their feedback, and then throw complaints from afar! You were able to objectively convey your feedback in a timely manner and allow my team and I to address your needs. Frankly, I must say it’s wonderful for smaller hotels like ours to have guests like yourself who are happy to give us the objective feedback and watch how we react and improve.
You are always welcome back to our hotel!
Please visit us again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

What a disappointing sad depressing place to stay, I have never been in such a unprofessional establishment my whole life. The staff are not trained, don't expect your wife to use the Tuk Tuk hotel service without being accused of being a hooker & being refused the service. Please take it from me & avoid this place @ all cost.. It's a very good copy of a backpackers resort.

4 Thank Lonewolf19777
Austin R, General Manager at Centara Nova Hotel & Spa Pattaya, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
interesting that despite your comments you actually tried to extend your stay with us but couldnt because we were full. Why would you try to stay longer if you were so unhappy with your stay?
In any case please be assured that we do our level best to provide the best level of service for all our guests and I do apologise that you didnt have a positive experience on this occassion.
Kind Regards
Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends in Oct 12. I would have liked to give it a zero rating if possible. The check in staff is the worst I have ever seen in all my travels across the world. They were rude, made no effort to communicate and snubbed us at every opportunity. We were unfailingly polite throughout assuming this was some kind of a language issue initially. In the end we realised that these guys were basically rascist and had something against Indians.

The hotel is a good 20 mins walk from the main road. There is a hotel buggy but it was spoiled for 3 out of the 4 days we were there. They were completely unapologetic about it. There is a bell boy called Keng (not sure) whose job is to drive the buggy. ON the last day, he flatly refused to do it since he had "other work" and stood grinning there watching us having to walk. Hotel rooms overlook a sort of a slum and you get to see huts everytime you step out of the room. horrible location

the restaurant staff at breakfast was the only saving grace. always had a smile and were friendly. Pool bar staff took almost 60 mins to get us a drink. Unbelievable considering everything was right there.

All in all a terrible experience with the rascist staff. Plus the location sucks. dozens of better hotels on the main road where you can just hop onto the Tuk Tuk. Go for them and save yourself a long walk every time you have to get out. Avoid this hotel at all costs specially Indians

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DBSMumbai
Dear Sir,
I am truly sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay. This is not the experience we wish to provide for our guests and as you can see the majority of our guests do enjoy the product.
I have to say, given your dissatisfaction; I am surprised you waited 3 months to write your comments.
I went through our records to see your booking and notice that you were charged a small fee for dirty linen. I have explained this to customers before; in the end if guest’s don’t destroy our linen they will not be charged.
When my staff, which are all Thai, then follow through on our policies, are branded racist for this I take exception. Let me clear, accusing my staff of being racist because you didn’t get what you want is, in my opinion, a ridiculous allegation,one which you should be ashamed of! We are professional and welcome all nationalities of people with open arms. Your comments in this regard, are not accepted and not welcome here in Thailand, the land of smiles!
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a good medium class hotel, located in a quieter area of Pattaya, but within easy reach of the night life, bars, etc etc.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite for 2 weeks over christmas (B&B) - the room was off a good standard and reasonably well equipped. Breakfast was excellent - catered well for the international market.
A very special mention to Bow, Som-o & Ong, wonderful customer relations and service. Always a delight to see them in the morning, big smile and coffee brought without asking - thanks guys top notch.
...The biggest issue and gripe for us with this hotel is the sunbathing or lack off it. Sadly the pool and decking area is North Facing, with the hotel L-shape building behind you. Sunrise is east to west and hence 90% of the decking area remains in shade for 90% of the day. This will be great for some, but we like to spend time on the loungers IN the sun. This forced us out of the hotel during daytimes to seek sunbathing. Which in turn was lost revenue for the hotel.
Customer service was generally good but the reception staff severely let the hotel down. The young men that parade around reception appear to be on some development programme and felt customer service was not part of there job. Summed up when leaving the hotel, the restaurant staff took are bags to the car and waived us off, the reception staff (males) continued preening themselves in the mirror. (They need training from Bow, Som-o and Ong)
The hotel attracts mainly south asian guests - not the hotels fault - but a warning ...breakfast was an appalling spectacle. We started to get up early to miss the debarcle, food was unedible after coughing, wiping phlegm in hands and then touching the food,,,, got so angry. Harsh you may say ... but on the whole they had disgusting table & personal manners, no etiquette, rude & uncouth. They should be embarrassed by this, representing a wonderful nation in this fashion abroad.
I wouldn't stay here again as a holiday tourist (sun bathing) but would if I was on a short business trip - ideal hotel for that ..... get a solarium on the roof and this would be a 5 star review.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank H0mme
Hello there,
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope if you have the chance to visit Pattaya again that you can stay with us again.
Please take care