“ok but beware of building work next door”
Review of Sutus Court

Sutus Court
Ranked #20 of 565 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks in the new wing-clean, spacious rooms,large bed with balcony and cleaned well every day. Hollow sounding corridors so can be noisy
Good (but busy) location to nightlife, bars restaurants etc...but beware, a large hospital is being built next door so noisy most of the time by the room. The main structure is now complete, but internal work is ongoing and some workers enjoyed staring down at the pool.
Decent pool...but pool area shabby and in needs sprucing up with new tiles, furniture etc.
Wifi erratic at times.
Pricey for this time of year (1000 baht a night) and for what you can get elsewhere if you have a good look around.
Majority of hotel staff ok,some where miserable...
No charge or deposit required for the safety deposit box(behind reception)
Overall not bad but shop around...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sutus Court

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here back in june of 2011. The new wing of the hotel was nice, clean and quiet on the back side. On a recent Saturday evening, I needed a place to stay in Pattaya. I didn't hesitate to go back to Sutus Court. My how 10 months can change a place. While looking at the only available noisy street side room, we noticed the A/C was not blowing cold. The porter went back to the room while we we're still checking in and said it was working fine. Shortly thereafter, we went back to the room, the A/C was still not working so we called the front desk. The receptionist rudely asked if we know how to use an A/C. We said yes we do, but the compressor has no power. She said wait, someone will drop by. We waited about 10 minutes, then decided it wasn't worth the wait or the bad attitude to stay there so we went downstairs to check out. The receptionist argued with us, then said fine, you can have your money back less 15%. I inquired if she might be crazy, she replied that I was crazy. I removed myself from the situation as I didn't want to loose my cool and cause any unwanted attention. My friend eventually got us a full refund. There's plenty of average under 1,000 Baht noisy places to stay in Pattaya without rude staff.

Room Tip: Street side is obviously noisy. Check EVERYTHING in the room before giving them any money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First time I stayed in Sutus Court was last August in the older part of the hotel. I really enjoyed my stay at 650 Baht a night. This time I have upgraded to the new section of the hotel at 900 Baht and it is certainly worth the difference. The rooms are large, the shower is modern with plenty of power and hot water. The TV has all the cable channels you could ask for. The balcony has a stainless steel rack for drying your clothes. The bed is super king sized with a good quality soft to firm mattress. The sheets and duvet are the highest quality Egyptian cotton. The curtains are nice and modern and block out all the light if you get up late in the mornings and dont want to be blinded by the sun. There are 2 swimming pools and a very nice open air restaurant that always manages to catch a breeze and has plenty of of fans to keep you cool. The girl on reception can come across as being a bit stern but she's very efficient and a nice person when you get to know her and her English is very good. As for the location for me its ideal because I usually stay around Soi Buakhow. Its got the markets at both ends, there is Tucom at the Pattaya Thai End and all the bars and clubs you could ask for on your door step. Apart from the busy location the rooms are very quiet, in part due to thickly double glazed patios doors leading on to the balcony. Judging from my experience so far I will be staying here for many years to come.

Room Tip: For an extra 250 baht a night I would recommend the rooms on the new wing to the hotel. However ther...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert214K
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice pool, big room, though a bit dated
But clean, and for the money paid, good value for money
Wifi was a bit erratic
A word of warning, if you arrive after 5 pm you need to let them know, or they won't hold your reservation, a simple email solves that problem too

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the reception will have better wifi, my room was at the far end, bad reception there...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I booked the room months in advance using Agoda, the check in time should have been 1200 but i arrived at 1730. The receptionist told me they didnt have my booking, and basically accused me of lying, when they found it, the said the room wouldnt be ready for 45 mins, and she continued to ignore me, I was told by my thai girlfriend who the mistook for a non Thai of insults in Thai, They asked me to fin the booking and pointed me to their computer set up in Thai which i couldnt navigate, no help. Left sitting for ages, if i hadnt had paid in advance with no hope f a refund i would not have stayed. Eventually they showed me to another room which i think was the old reception store, The room was nice enough inside but always someone at the window.
The swimming pool area was very nice, with a nice childrens pool the hotel was on a busy junction, Dangerous to walk to with children Had to ask to get the room cleaned. There is an abundance of wifi networks available for sutus court all slow or dont work at periods in the day. In all the hotel would have been ok if it wasnt for the extremely rude lead female receptionist, who couldnt have created a worse first impression.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a copy of booking, seemed to be a few problems at reception on other days . Pools...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed for 24 nights and paid just £13.80 per night (via booking.com) there are 4 parts of the Hotel, and I stayed in Building 4. Old furnishings, but clean & functional, inc. fridge, cable t.v. Hot shower, & daily maid service, friendly staff, very nice pool and plenty of shops, bars, girly bars ect within mins from Hotel. (Guest friendly too) You know it;s good when in March the Hotel is fully booked for Christmas & New year 2013/14 !

Room Tip: Using the side entrance of the Hotel, there is a Great 24/7 Burger bar and alcohol too ! Ask for the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

stay for one night only, so i didn't visit most of the hotel area and check the facilities. i think it's considered a solo traveller's hotel especially for those who are looking for night life fun in pattaya. there's swimming pool where you can get good sunshine in the morning. a small car park is available. inside the room, it's quite clean with very standard decor and stuffs. big bed enough for 2. the hotel's business is very good that you can see a lots of people coming in or going out. however it's not really noisy at night time when you sleep.

Room Tip: don't mind choosing the room on the roof top. it's more quite i think. (it's on the 8th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
Opey de Place Hotel
Sutus Court 2
#266 of 565 in Pattaya
Harry's Hotel Bar & Restaurant
The Haven Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Sutus Court? Share your experiences!