“good experience”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just come back from holidays in pattaya and having spent a few evenings in diceys,i have to say all good experiences whether was dining or having some drinks at the bar with friends,all staff so courteous and polite,nice food,excellent ice-cold Heineken on tap,with nice band playing in background,not too loud.prices very reasonable and management seem to run a slick operation but still have time to chat with customers.Will definitely recommend to friends and hope to back again in sep,keep up the good work dicey,s.

1  Thank michael j
S Costa B, Manager at Dicey Reilly's Pub & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Michael J,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Dicey Reilly’s, I’m glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and service and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Best Regards,

Santi Bonet

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I blame myself for this blunder of not reading tripadvisor reviews first. On the exterior it looks great except one thing I missed. There weren't a lot of people. As I sat down and connected to the free wifi, I noticed that the bar was connected to the marriott. My internal alarm bell went off so I braced myself for this impending disaster of a meal.

Exterior and cleanliness were great.
Some of the wait staff were excellent. Friendly and great with families. Some were downright rude and mean. Most were just average.
Menu selection was mediocre. Typical American fare with an occasional Thai dish (in case u have a companion)
The service was below average as we had to wait several minutes for drinks and/or food. If it wasn't for the street vendor selling shiny things that shoot up in the air, my kids would have been climbing up the walls.
The food was somewhere between "notverytasty" and "blah".

Up to this point, this restaurant would have received a solid C+. However, we wanted to order desert. We ordered the custard pudding to share with our kids. As soon as we ordered, they rushed out the check and practically forced us to pay right away. I didn't quite notice this as my wife paid. We paid the check then we waited. Waited waited waited for about 25 minutes until the pudding finally came. We couldn't cancel the order because we already paid. So we were stuck at their mercy. My kids were practically in tears because they were so tired.

Long story short, the pudding was not very tasty. In fact, it tasted like it came straight out of a can if pudding in a can is possible. We tried to send it back but encountered much resistance. After being passed around from waitress to waitress to bartender, he finally conceded to refund our money. We waited another ten minutes until the guy came with our 220thb. He was so extremely rude that I would never come back here unless I knew this guy was no linger working there and the meal was compd.

With so many selections in Pattyaya, why would anyone come here? Avoid it if at all possible. I blame myself for not reading the reviews before hand. Good luck

ChristopherDixon, Manager at Dicey Reilly's Pub & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Brian,
Firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review in relation to your visit to our Dicey Reilly's outlet in Pattaya. I have been manager here for 4 months now and have come to know the customers quite well and even though we have a large mix of both Expats and tourists visiting our Pub we strive to treat everyone in the same courteous manner. I have tried to track down the evening you visited our premises to accertain which members of staff were working that evening and as they are all assigned stations i would then be able to identify the member of staff who you say was rude to you, this is not acceptable in any of our outlets and i would appreciate it if you can remember the date you visited please let me know and i will look into your comments deeper. On the other hand i have found that things can sometimes get lost in Translation and the staff or customer can missunderstand exactly what is being said. I know all my staff personally and have yet to see or hear any of them being rude to a customer or guest in Dicey's so please when you have the time please let me know anymore information you may have to enable me to investigate this matter deeper.
In the meantime if you should be visiting Pattaya again i will be happy to sit down with you over a complimentary drink (of your choice) and resolve this complaint to your satisfaction.If you wish you can contact me directly on cjohndixon@minornet.com and i will be happy to discuss things with you.
Once again thank you for your feedback as we try to use this Media to constantly update and improve the service we give to our clients. i hope to hjear from you when yiou have time.

Kind Regards. Chris Dixon. ( Manager @ Dicey's )

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I visited Dicey Reilly,s on 16th November and not having visited Pattaya for a few years now i expected a lot of things to have changed locally. I found the staff very helpful and polite, they were very informative in relation to the Daily Special and although I did not order the special of the day I did select a meal from the main menu. My drink was served to me promptly in a nice cold glass and my meal arrived in an acceptable period of time. I found the meal to be very tasty and reasonably priced considering the surroundings. A band struck up whilst I ate my meal which gave a nice ambience to the bar so I decided to relax with another beer. I noticed they had a couple of pool tables which were free to play and the free Wifi was a great help as I needed to send a couple of emails. Once I finished, the hostess on the door thanked me and wished me a goodnight. Overall, I found the staff to be very friendly and I was satisfied with the service and cost of my trip to Dicey. Certainly wil be coming back!

1  Thank Jose_Phuket
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had a very bad experience at this 'place' I went in with a Thai lady and was immediately thought of as a tourist with a bar girl. Wrong. I have lived here for 14 years and the lady is a Thai nurse. We ordered two meals which would have cost about 800 baht. The lady was immediately given some sales talk about buying a T Bone steak for two. I queried this with the waitress and was told 'That is what your lady ordered' Which is a bit like letting your children order for you. The meal when it arrived would have been just about enough for one person. It was unedible and unordered and cost three times as much as if we had ordered what we wanted originally. This place is what gives Pattaya a bad name. Its just a glorified rip off machine selling crap food at extortionate prices

2  Thank KeithfromPattaya
ChristopherDixon, Manager at Dicey Reilly's Pub & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Keith,

I am sorry to hear you recent dining experience did not live up to your expectations. We are constantly training our staff to give the best possible service and product availability. We do sometimes have orders that can be "lost in translation" but this rarely happens when Thai native speaker is doing the ordering.

I deeply regret that you had an unpleasant experience while dining at Dicey's. We have taken note of your comments and we would like to get in contact with you. If you would be happy to contact me directly, I can be reached at cjohndixon@minornet.com and would be most grateful for the chance to speak with you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

They have a deal on for mexican food at the moment , 200 baht per dish , best mexican i have tasted in Pattays .
Although the mexican menu is only five dishes thry are all exallent .
Matgareta also for 99 baht
Live music to
Well recomended, cannot go wtong