“Have always enjoyed the food”

Dicey Reilly's Pub & Eatery
Ranked #107 of 978 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne
“Have always enjoyed the food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have always enjoyed the food here, my biggest gripe are with the service staff. Perhaps they are jaded from having to deal with so many drunk farangs everyday, but they all just don't seem to enjoy their jobs that much.

They are not as attentive as they should be, and you often need to try and get their attention when reordering a drink.

Of course, not all the staff are like this. But the staff turnover does seem to be quite high.

The kitchen is a very professional setup with huge glass windows allowing you to see the action inside.

They offer different specials on different days of the week and some of these are fantastic value for money. For example, the 99 baht hamburger deal on Monday was excellent. Also they offer 99 baht pints of Heineken at the moment on Mondays - again, fantastic value for money.

My only other gripe is the pricing of their Guiness, at 250 baht a pint I cant think of another Pub in Pattaya where its that expensive! You can get it in Jomtien for 180 baht, and I believe that price is +VAT as well.

But if you take advantage of their specials this is a great place for a meal and a drink.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Arrived at noon as this was the stated start time for the Sunday Carvery. I was greeted in a very polite and welcoming manner and was shown the buffet and carvery by one of the staff. He explained the dishes and the cost and was very helpful. The carvery included your choice of beef, turkey and pork. The turkey was fantastic, cooked properly and tender. They had a variety of accompanying dishes such as cauliflower au gratin, roast and mashed potatoes, salads and soups. Unlike many restaurants in Pattaya, the service was attentive and I was asked if I was enjoying my meal and if I needed anything several times. The food was better than average and competes, in my opinion, with other more expensive carvery offerings in the area. What sets this carvery apart is the service. Also, smoking is not allowed inside the restaurant which is very nice and the dining area is well appointed and spotless. Simply said it was a very pleasant surprise and I would not hesitate to return again. The cost for the carvery was 299 Baht or about 10 Canadian Dollars.

• Visited January 2013
Pattaya, Thailand
“Magic Howard and the BBQ Wings”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Last Thursday night I visited Dicey Rileys Pub to see the Magic Howard show which was recommended to me by my expat friends. I was not disappointed, I’m still scratching my head as to how he performed his tricks. The magic tricks performed at my table were very entertaining and even my skeptical friends were won over by the end of the night.

I ordered the BBQ Chicken wings which were on special for the night and found them to be very tasty. The couple sitting at my table ordered the Salmon and were very happy with their meal. Considering the entertainment, atmosphere and ambience of the restaurant I thought the prices were very reasonable, and only a fraction of the cost you would have paid in the States and Europe. Overall a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited December 2012
“Great place to go. .very friendly”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

i went last thursday as i heard from the ex pat club there is a close up magician there on thursdsy nights. ..he was awesome had the salmon which was one of the best ive had in pattaya. and of course guiness.
Definately it will become my local

Pattaya, Thailand
“A Night of Magic”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The time to go to Dicey Reilly's is on a Thursday night where you will meet the astounding "Magic Howard". A member of the prestigious Magic Circle, Howard will amaze and baffle you with his performance. He moves from table to table around the Pub, varying his show each time. Take your children in to see him and they will love every bit of it. This guy has performed for Royalty, Arab Sheikhs and a multitude of others including film stars (Sly Stallone, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino etc), other celebrities and many top politicians in the west. The food here can be a bit hit and miss but having given my views to the General Manager he was only to eager to address the situation for as he put it "I want this to be the best Irish Pub in Pattaya, if not Thailand". I enjoyed the Guinness anyway. I look forward to visiting again, not just to see "Magic Howard" but to sample their improved foods.

• Visited September 2012