“European Dining that Won’t Break Your Bank”
Review of Le Strogonoff 2 - CLOSED

Le Strogonoff 2
Cuisines: French, Thai, International, Tunisian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Couscous: Merguez sausage / Fish / RoyalSauerkraut (Choucroute): Garnished / Fish / RoyalSet Menu up to 290THB with: Starter (choice between 10) Main course (choice between 10) Dessert (choice between 10)/ And also, of course you can savour your favorite dishes a la carte among a big choice of starters, main courses, desserts, etc.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

European Dining that Won’t Break your Bank

Location:
Le Strogonoff 2 is located on the very busy Pratumnak Road. I would advise those who walk to the restaurant to really watch out for traffic, there isn’t really a pavement. Motorbike parking in front of the restaurant is abundant. I drove my sedan and park around the corner.

Décor/Atmosphere:
Take two steps from the busy road and choose from outdoor seating (overlooking the busy/noisy street) or inside in the comfort of the air-conditioned dining room. Inside find the eclectically decorated citrusy colored dining rooms. I thought the decorations were a bit worn-out/outdated, although the atmosphere reminded me of a family restaurant. Throughout my meal, I observed that at least half of the patrons were Francophone, while the rest were either locals or Anglophones: the mixed-crowd added to my feeling of a family-restaurant atmosphere.

Service:
No complaints about the service staff: timely and attentive. One of the female wait staff was very cordial when taking my order, making recommendations on popular dishes and joining in on banter.

Food/Cost:
Before ordering food, I ordered a half liter of white wine (200 THB ~ 6.5 USD): very well chilled and crisp. For the meal, I opted for the four-course menu (330THB ~ 11 USD), which included vegetable soup, appetizer, main and dessert of which you can choose the appetizer, main and dessert from a wide range of options. Some options had additional charges. For example, I ordered the lamb (additional 140 THB ~ 4.5 USD). The vegetable soup was a bit bland and too thick: salt helped it slightly. Along with the soup, a basket of very warm/hot bread arrived with a small bowl of pesto: moist and yummy! My appetizer: well-seasoned and elegantly presented duck liver salad. By the time my main dish arrived I realized I was starting to get full, so I sacrificed by not eating all of the potatoes that came with my beautifully presented delectable lamb of seven hours. For dessert: crème brûlée with strawberries was perfect. I thought the dessert was the last part of my feast, but I was wrong. The last part was the shot of kirschwasser. What a pleasant surprise!

Conclusion:
Although the vegetable soup wasn’t as tasty as I would have liked and the atmosphere wasn’t particularly glamorous, the value for the meal is by far the strongest point. I highly recommend this restaurant to my friends and plan on dining at Le Strogonoff 2 again.

1  Thank cjkfung

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Being honest I did not like the original Stroganoff in Pattaya but this is a complete change as now the whole ambiance has move upwards and the food is fabulous. With such a large selection of dishes to choose from in each section of the set menu it takes time to decide what you want. But, whatever you choose, you will not be disappointed and your wallet will be happy as well. A bit out of the way for most people but worth the effort to go to.

1  Thank Les E
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Fantastic 4 course meal for 330 baht great choice of dishes all of good quality, regular visitor as best value in Pattaya bar none...well done

2  Thank br12stol
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was in Strogonoff this evening and it was really perfect. This restaurant is an excellent value and the food is very good, and the staffs is very correct and they smile all the time.
I think one of the best value in town

1  Thank Marco_Pattaya
Reviewed August 30, 2011

NOT GOOD SOUP - NOT GOOD SERVICE and NOT GOOD FOOD so NOT GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY - Sorry, I wanted to like it!
In my opinion rave reviews are completely unfounded, a view shared by my guests and friends who had waited one hour for their main dish, as we did

4  Thank rickytickyPattaya