“Mangia!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had a very good dining experience here in March 2013- I dined on a Sunday night alone, and although the restaurant was fairly crowded, the service was good and prompt. The menu is very Italian, and they do have Thai/Western dishes, but I stuck with the paisan food- the Italian is authentic, not a Thai verdsion of what Italian food should taste like. I went the full route, appetizer, salad, pizza, pasta, dessert and vino- all was good, the wine was imported from the old country, the food was seasoned and spiced as it should be.

For Pattaya, the place was a bit pricey, I think I spent about 125 US with tip, but I went with the full meal deal and didn't skimp on the wine- This is probably the best Italian I have had in a non-western country, better than any of the high-dollar places I have visited in BKK , Dubai, or Tokyo.

Worth the trip and good value if you are in the mood for Italian in Pattaya.

1  Thank keith g

Reviewed March 28, 2013

A tiny place, no outside seating; very good pizza and wine perfectly OK. Price-range I would say average. I went there a bit early (around 7 pm) and I was the only guest at the time so a bit difficult to assess if the place is of 'character' . The owner I notice several other guests have had the opportunity to say 'hello' to, I did not see at all. In total, if you are dying for a spaghetti or pizza and are in the vicinity of that part of 2. road, OK to visit, but nothing more.

Bella Italia, however quite a bit further up on 2. road (close to Alcazar) is a far better alternative if you really are into Italian cuisine

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very good food, I luv carbonara pasta there! Also the house wine was really good! The service is number 1. The owner is a italien and we had a chance to met him. Very funny man :)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Italian owner has taught his local staff so well that you will think you are in a top Italian restaurant in new York. Good authentic food, good service and good imported wine.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love pasta and most other Italian food so we were delighted to find such good quality here. A whole basket of bread for two of us started us off and I love to dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The starters of grilled artichokes hearts and the tortellini in chicken broth were very good and this was followed by a good lasagne ( a little bit dry, not a big issue) and a great chicken dish. This was not my first visit here and I would recommend you to eat here. Staff very attentive and obliging.