LK The Empress
  • Room Service
Baan Sila(Pattaya)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach roadfamily mart convenience storejacuzzi bathhot waterhotel lobbybreakfast buffetroom servicelocation is greatthe breakfast areaegg stationcomfortable roomsrooms are bigsmall balconynice roomthe ground floormini barlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed there with my wife for four days 15-19th april 2014 booked a hotel mini bus and paid over the odds {800 Bht each}because we wanted a hotel direct to resort in Koh Chang what we got was a moody driver who broke many road laws. We arrived at the port he then said we had to get out after paying for our tickets. my Thai wife was quite angry at this and had to make him carry 2 large suitcases on board he then left us to fend for ourselves. I repeat this was not what we paid for, we both feel cheated. The hotel was only ok for the price, it was worth no more than 1500 Bht per night. The reception and one waiter where miserable and surley. There are much better hotels to stay at mucher cheaper prices. My advice is never to stay there or you will be full of regrets. I mailed them twice about the travel but did not get the courtesy of a reply

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank david s
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel definitely has the "wow" factor when you walk in with an impressive lobby having fancy furniture. Location is excellent with shops and restaurants nearby. There is a laundry a short walk up the side street next to the hotel.

The room smelt a bit musty and a cockroach ran across the floor but was otherwise quite comfortable with a kitchenette and a balcony with a sea view. Even a 2* hotel would provide a spare toilet roll in the bathroom and I was surprised that this was lacking as there was a reasonable selection of toiletries and a hair dryer.
WIFI worked well.

The breakfast buffet was let down a bit by having cordial instead of proper fruit juice and leftovers from last nights dinner but you wouldn't leave hungry.

The rack rate is way overpriced but I got a substantial discount with one of the internet booking sites and was happy with what I paid for what I got. I would definitely stay here again but not at the full rate which the current standards don't justify.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brisman333
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best location in Pattaya. It's a bit pricey. The hotel caters to every one: families and solo travels with their young Thai ladyboys. The shower needs a bit of maintenance. The silicon is moldy.
The internet is very poor . I could not connect, The frontdesk could not help.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rossegnole
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel is comfortable and close to shopping, good eating and entertainment. The famous Walking st is about 500 metres from the hotel.
But the internet did not work very well and every day I had assistance from staff. You also need a new password every 2 days as well but finally a support staff gave me a new log in that would work till the end of my stay.
The TV was fuzzy on most channels as well and after 2 attempts to fix it the maintenance advised it was a hotel wide and could not be fixed - they need to look into this.
I had organised a late checkout on my last day for 1pm but a rude staff member rang me at 12.30pm approx, and told me checkout was 12 noon and to get out! I explained that I had organised a late checkout and to check her records. I then asked for staff to help with my bags.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Beerzy
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my second time stay, before I start with the reivew I have to mention that my first visit of this hotel was fantaitic. Upon check in, front desk tell me that my room was fully booked so they free upgrade my room and provide nice service all the way until my check out.

It was extremely impressive, that's why I decided to visit here again even I met fully booked once.

However this second time visit is a bit disappointed.

Up on check in, everything seems to be find, I was happy that I didn't hear any surpise again(fully book), I get my key card and move to room (even though there is no one from hotel come to carry my bags), I was still feel good with the hotel. However when I stand in front of my room, I found that the door was opening and full of staff in my room and clean up the room. I understand Thai languages:" some of the staffs even said that oh, the guest is coming, how come!" ok, come on, I should said that how come front desk allow me to come to the room while house keeping still doing the things.

Then we move down and speak with front desk as my room is not ready! Front desk immediately called up the housekeeper and ask what happen, again (they thought I don't understand Thai), the conversation was like the housekeeper is repairing the door and stuff inside the room but without report to Front desk . Then Front desk hang up, said to me " they are prepare your Extra bed, Sir",ok, you thought I am fool and still trying to cover housekeepers and said something different to me. I ask how long you will take? FD said 10 mins, BTW by that time it already 4 PM (2 hours after standard check in time 2 PM) which means everything should already be ready to use even previous guest late check out!

Move on, we waited and finally get into the room, We were surpised again that all room amentites comes for double occupancy while I booked for 3 adults. FD is well notice about this as they give me 3 adults' voucher for breakfast. But again housekeeper seems like totally missed up! I then call for room service, room service push me to house keeper, called house keeper, never pick up my calls, I then have to call to front desk again. Front desk apologied and asked housekeeper immediately send stuff to my room!

We didn't go for hotel managers coz we thought ok this is only for 1 night stay, we can take it.

Overall, the room is still good (but definetely needs to have big repair as I found many places are broken). Bathroom is good, but hot water system may has problem as the Hot water was not supported stablely , some times it will gone and only cold water in.

Breakfast is cool. Location of course is best for this hotel.

Overall, valueable hotel and could to stay! But I am now questioning myself, will I book here again for coming songkran festival????

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple