“Just for fun”

Ranked #48 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Rayong, Thailand
“Just for fun”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A friend and I stayed in the LK the Empress hotel for 3 nights because of a deal we found on Agoda. The hotel is decorated very elaborately to feel like Versailles or something? It was tacky gaudy funny.

The hotel is located right across from the beach, right outside you can find shops, restaurants, taxi service, etc. The rooms were fine, small balcony, big bathroom with Jacuzzi and shower.

Staff: average, didnt seem to care to be working, but not unpleasant.
Breakfast: buffet, moderate selection of mediocre food (thai and western) and omelette station

Concierge helped us arrange a trip to elephant village, however next morning sent us in a pre arranged taxi which took us two hours in the wrong direction before we realized. So miscommunication, be sure the concierge and taxi both understand where you're going.

Altogether fine hotel if you're not taking your vacation too seriously.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Macau, China
Reviewed November 6, 2013

After a lot of survey, my friend and her mother and I we decided to live in the LK Empress hotel for 2nights. It located on a busy street which is 10minetes walking distance to the famous bar street. We got free upgrade to the sea view suite when we check in at front desk. Not big but very nice room with the hearty breakfast restaurant near the sea. U can enjoy very good sea view on the M floor terrace. The staff at concierge really makes us impressed,they booked all the tour and private limousine in Pattaya for us with discount,even they cannot speak very fluent english but they went out their way to help us; .

Room Tip: The only thing I want to mention, do not ask the extra bed, or u will prefer sleep on the floor……
1 Thank AnaFengJiawen
Sydney
Reviewed November 2, 2013

5 nights at the LK Empress in Pattaya, excellent location, across the road to the beach, very nice large room, stayed in an ocean view on the eight floor,close to Walking Street without being at all noisy, restaurants close, had a nice meal in Soi 12 about 300 metres on the right from the hotel, sorry cannot recall the name but it served very nice Thai food along with western and Mexican, the fajitas were great
Hotel very clean, staff quite friendly but a little disappointed with breakfasts, no great variety over the 6 days and no one knew how to cook poached eggs (LOL)

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great, good size with armchair and desk, huge spa bath
2 Thank johng1948
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hated this hotel. It is a decent building and the rooms are okay but it is dirty and hasn't been looked after. The staff are the worst that I have come across in any hotel I have visited in recent years. Poor staff includes reception staff and restaurant staff.

The pool area was dirty. The restaurant was disgusting.

There are definitely better hotels in the area for similar prices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank neutron2234
lancashire
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Hotel is Beautiful, it felt like stepping into Buckingham Palace. The reception area is out of this world with a beautiful water feature, chandeliers, flowers and lovely furniture. On arriving after a long transfer I was asked for my credit card for room deposit. When I said I don,t have a credit card, the ignorant sour faced little boy behind the reception desk waved my booking form at me and said "How did u pay for this then" what the hell has it to do with him as long as I,d paid for it. No welcome drink was offered. Went to our room which was beautiful, as was bathroom, very clean and modern. Very small balcony could only fit one chair on and air conditioner unit. This balcony is an accident waiting to happen as we were on 6th floor and the railings were only waist high, very scary especially if u have kids. Ameneties in room very good microwave, hairdryer, big tv, fridge, iron and ironing board. Always lots of hot water in bathroom.
Would like to say a SPECIAL THANKYOU to our cleaner SU (from Burma) and the other girls (Nothing was too much trouble for them and they really took care of us) and they were all really pleasant. Also KWAN the Bell Captain was very pleasant and helpful. Otherwise rest of staff were ignorant, never smiled and could,nt be bothered.
LK - U HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL BUT YOU NEED BETTER STAFF.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindyLancashire
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Pros : Great Rooms and comfortable!

Cons : Front Desk Service - unfriendly, rude and extremely discourteous!!

While checking out of Room 3101 GDS (19.10.2013 - Time 4:30 am), I told the reception staff Mr.New that the mentioned complimentary water bottles were not kept in the room, hence I utilised from the Mini Bar. He said that we should specifically ask for this or else it would be chargeable. I told him I have no problem in paying this small amount, but they should have taken care as is the case in all hotels to provide this in the room without the guest asking for it. This led to an argument and following were told to me by Mr.New which I simply cannot accept.

(1) He does not like my face
(2) If he sees me outside in Pattaya, I should really watch it. He can do anything to me.

I asked him for the Complain register which he said does not exist and that I am free to email the hotel my complaint.

He then intentionally delayed my billing knowing fully well that we were in ahurry since we had a flight to catch.

Is this the way a guest is to be treated?No matter how good your hotel is, good service is paramount in the hospitality industry! Sorry to say that, but for Service I would rank this hotel a ZERO (0)

Room Tip: Expect extremely unfriendly staff especially in the Reception!
7 Thank peeps_74
Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 9, 2013

its my second time at this hotel and as it looks i will continue stay at this hotel in Pattaya.
The location is great near the beach, very close to the shopping center and not far from the Walking street.
The room was big, clean, nice and with everything I need.
the bed was very comfortable and the room was very quite so i slept very well.
the service was good.
i didnt wake up for breakfast but as i remember from last time it was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo