“Bad food and even worse service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pan Pan Restaurant - Jomtien
Ranked #223 of 911 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pattaya, Thailand
“Bad food and even worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

One of the the worst Italians restaurant I have ever been to. The staff was very unprofessional, the manager didn't know the first thing about managing a restaurant and the food was disgusting!. The most disgusting Bruschetta I've ever had.It took them 30 minutes to bring out the starters and another 20 mins on top of that to bring 2 bottles of water. The staff forgot our main course and we had to leave the restaurant still hungry! I don't recommend this restaurant to anyone. Even any other branch of Pan Pan in Pattaya. I have had food at all their branches. The food is very overpriced and bad.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PavitGrover

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Horrible food and the most pathetic service ever in a restaurant.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went to the Na Jomtien branch for my parents' 31st anniversary dinner, and ended up leaving annoyed and still hungry. I'm going to start by saying that I've had better food and service at a roadside noodle stand anywhere in Thailand. I understand that weekends are usually busy for any restaurant, so as a customer, I try to be a little extra patient. I do, however think that having to wait 20 minutes for 2 bottles of water is asking way too much. The meal started out by one of the waiters dropping a piece of bruschetta from my platter right at the foot of our table. I tried to ignore that, then we placed our second course order along with those unfortunate bottles of water. Twenty minutes later I was still thirsty, 25 minutes later the waiter wanted to clear our plates when we said we're still waiting for food. Thirty minutes later we were told our order was never placed. I asked to see the manager, who turned out to be the most unconcerned individual in the hospitality industry. His comment to me, verbatim "... Oh, sorry, I can't do anything, busy night you see. You want free ice cream or something?" When I said I really don't want ice cream, thank you, he said " ok, your choice.." I said I won't be coming back here again, and again, he said "... Ok, your choice.." Never thought I'd hear that out of a restaurant manager.
Interestingly enough, he asked if I'd like to fill out a comment form, which I took and asked for the head office address so I could mail it in, he said "It's ok, I take for you". I really think not! Noteworthy thing is that after taking the order, the same waitress came back to our table to confirm that we eat pork, since what we ordered had ham in it. So what happened to my food after that? Lost in transit perhaps? Worst 2000 Baht I've ever spent. And I'm still hungry!

Visited July 2013
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Good Italian Food, Good Pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been going to Pan Pan over 10 years now and I like it, but there are better Italian restaurants in the neighborhood (Gian's, La Bocca). Pan Pan is very much of a family restaurant with many kids on the weekends. It's very popular with Thai families for some reason.

I think their salads are very good indeed and I have always liked the spaghetti bolognese and the pizzas. They are famous for their deserts, but I rarely indulge. They have a number of branches, so they must be doing something right!

• Visited April 2013
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Well, at least the desserts were nice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a venerable restaurant of longstanding good fare. Note I say the food is good, but the desserts are something special. I found the Italian food a tad average which is unfortunate, but I would freely admit that I have not tasted the entire menu. Very worth a stop in after you have had a dinner somewhere else for a "coffee and dessert." In my native Chicago it was common to have drinks in one establishment, a pre course in another, dinner in a third and dessert in a fourth. If you are anywhere near Jomtien Complex or dining at Bruno's you can easily visit Pan Pan for a charming alternative dessert and have their meal and a dessert at Bruno's another night. You could have drinks at either, stroll to the other and back again. It adds variety, it aids digestion and you can tell yourself you are earning that wonderful dessert.

• Visited February 2013
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Delicious Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

When you are in Jomtien/Pattaya area and want to wat real Italian food...?!? Pan Pan is THE Address you have to go. Service correct, ambiance... Ok, but THE food ... THE best in THE area... If it comes to Italian cuisine.
On THE menu à large variéty of choices. Off course we did not try all, though it is not our frist time at PAn Pan..., but wat we have was very very taste and of à good quality... THE cheeses and hams are, for example, real parmiggiano and real prosciutto di Parma!
Can recommend to Anyone who loves Italian food. It must be obvious, That we defenitely Will come back when in THE area again!!
Off. Course there are way more cheaper options, but Will it taste as delicious as at Pan Pan...?!?
For me price/quality more than good or even cheap, for what you get!!!

• Visited March 2013