Review Highlights
3 days course open water diving

It was three amazing days of sea , sun , diving , and new friends. I felt safety. We got a lot of... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Valeriy K
via mobile
Great diving experience

Booked the half day scuba and snorkelling tour with pattaya dive centre. Friendly, professional... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kenny G
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Pattaya
from $39.50
More Info
from $49.50
More Info
All reviews open water course great instructor shop staff days diving excellent instruction great qualities boat crew advanced open water these guys boat trip a lot of fun ann wreck visibility arnold padi skills
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have now dived with The Pattaya Dive Centre on three separate occasions and throughily enjoyed myself every time. First of all the location is on Beach Road, Pattaya which is convenient for anyone staying in Pattaya. Their dive boat "The Lady Go Diver" is the fastest in Pattaya by a long way and you get picked up and dropped off on Beach Road, not the marina by the pier in Walking Street. All the staff that work there are very friendly, they cater for everyone's needs whether you are a beginner to an experienced level of diving. Their rented dive gear is regularly serviced and is relatively new, compared to some other dive centres in Pattaya that I won't mention. The main thing that always attracts me to The Pattaya Dive Centre is that you don't get hoards of internship students and they let me do what I like, there is no attitude with any of the Instructors there either.
I will definately return there again and again and would give them the highest of recommendations.

Date of experience: October 2010
2  Thank Richyuk
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have not dived with any other company in Pattaya, nor have I taken courses with anyone else. And I am most certain I won't.

From day one when I started my OWD course and until now that I reached my MSD rating I have only experienced great hospitality, polite and helpful staff and instructors with whom I felt safe and well taken care of on every dive. Due to this I see absolutely no reason to try other companies.

Pattaya Dice Centres boat brings you to the divesite with speed, but the instructors lead you through the dive sites in a paste which allow you to relax, enjoy and fill up your visual impression or memory card :)

Date of experience: April 2011
3  Thank Artic1964
Reviewed June 6, 2011

If you are interested in diving and don't want to waste a lot of time getting from point a (the dive shop) to point b (the dive spot) I have to recommend Pattaya Dive Centre as your best choice, with its Dive Boat loading just across the street from the shop and its absolutely fantastic staff. Without a doubt Simon and Andy are the best Dive Instructors and are always willing to help with any dive interest or questions that you may have, while out on the boat. The Dive Centre Staff are very friendly and treat you like their best customer time and again. If you enjoy Pattaya and you enjoy diving, go to Pattaya Dive Centre, I will be continuing my diver training and certification for Rescue Diver this summer there.

Date of experience: May 2011
5  Thank dalvarez2
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I had two days free while staying in Bangkok, and wanted to dive. With only two days, I didn't want to fly to Phuket (would only get on day of diving...). So, I looked into diving in Pattaya, as it is less than two hours by car.

I looked on line, and then ended up talking to Dave at Pattaya Dive Centre...ultimately, I chose them because they go out in a smaller, faster boat (a catamaran), which meant we were at the dive sites earlier and back to shore earlier.

The first day, we dived at the "near islands", and got three dives in. One of the dives was a wreck (WWII landing craft) that had been purposely sunk - it was fairly deep - almost 32 meters. The other two were unremarkable coral dives with fair visibility. The second day, we went to the "far islands", and dived on another wreck (at about 29 m), and then two coral dives afterwards.

No doubt, this was not the best diving, but it was decent, and certainly a good option when staying in Bangkok.

The entire operation was well run, with a good, well maintained boat. The guy (Andy?) who led us on the dive was knowledgeable about the sites and was good at finding stuff. He found an octopus that was hidden in the sand, sharks, eels, and others that were not obvious.

I'd rather dive in Phuket, but when that's not an option, I would definitely go back to Pattaya, and dive with Pattaya Dive Centre.

Date of experience: February 2011
7  Thank jerogers
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I actually live in Pattaya so I have been to numerous dive shops. I was already certified through PADI as an Open Water Diver. My wife completed the Open Water and Advanced Open Water through the Pattaya Dive Centre. I also completed the Advanced Open Water and Enriched Air Course through them. One of the biggest pluses is that the dive masters are very experienced and professional. The two that I have been with have been instructing for over three years each. I have been diving in other parts of Thailand (which tends to be a bit better then Pattaya) and was disappointed in other dive shop’s dive masters. They tended to be young people that get certified in a 2 month program and usually are very incompetent. The Pattaya Dive center also has their own custom made diving boat. Most other operators in the area use old fishing boats that take forever to get to the dive sites. The best dives to conduct in Pattaya are wreck dives. The Dive shop is located right on beach road across from the ocean. [---]

7  Thank bradyrw