“First dive for my daughter”

Scuba Diving Pattaya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Scuba Diving Pattaya. We pride ourselves on having the best local talent. From fun Diver to Pro Courses you are placed with the best trained MSDT's (Master Scuba Diver Trainers)around. Local experts who put customer service first and excel at safely introducing beginners and advanced divers to the incredible diving found around Pattaya. Fun Divers always appreciate our first in last out approach! Our goal is to create the most well developed, we'll rounded divers we can. We harness our passion for diving and get you excited to explore the 70% of the earth that has been off limits to you! We excel at the science of Diving. But have a broad spectrum approach, ecology and environment are cornerstones of our program. We highlight the importance of understanding these aspects of your new Aquatic world and show you the challenges the Oceans are facing. And finally our most important mission. We want this challenge to be fun! Creating interest and passion for this sport within you. Our love of what we do is contagious. The instructors we choose to mentor you are not just the best at what they do in the water. They have to be people with passion and enthusiasm. And this is where we really stand out from the crowd. Join us in any level of dive course and you will immediately feel relaxed and ready to jump in!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I offered my daugther a first diving (12) experience and choose PDF. MY daughter and I loved the experience. The owner is straight forward and honest. We had Ian as instructor. He is great with kids, takes them serious and has a good way to encourage them. So we will be back and my daugther wants to do her diving licence now.

There are newer reviews for Scuba Diving Pattaya

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff were simply great. Good boat. Good food. Saw a wreck, a conch snail, a spotted ray, a sea turtle and... a dolphin. Thanks guys for arranging that. Didn't know you could speak Dolphinese! Feel free to charge us extra for that next time. ;) Cheers.

1  Thank CBruceLawrence
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I decided to do my Padi Open water course with Pattaya Diving & Fishing at the recommendation of a friend that has done dives with them before. I couldn't have been more happy with my choice. The cost was fair and Ian, the instructor I had, was top notch. He was well prepared and very professional both in and out of the water. I also met some really great people on the course that made it all that much better.

I can't wait to go back and do some more diving with these guys as now I'm hooked.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had my very first wreck dive and a reef dive in Pattaya with experience dive guide Darren. Small incidents happen to me, one of my dive fin was broken during the first dive and my scuba tank was loosen underwater during the second dive.. thanks a lot to Darren managed to solve the problems for me immediately. I met some awesome people on board too.. a very wonderful experience for me, many thanks to very friendly and helpful owner Jon and all his staffs on board.

1  Thank JoeyEsc
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The owner said to us the day before he “cannot guarantee we would catch any fish”. The company did its best to try and keep that promise.

First of all we were picked up by the owner’s private driver, who got lost twice on the way to the docks. When we eventually got to the boat, it was an old Thai fishing boat, with only one captain (who didn’t speak English) and no deck hand. The boat was old and not in good shape. The rods were rusty and set up to catch massive size fish (50 pound rod). It took over an hour to get to the first fishing spot, as the boat could only travel around 15 knots. It wasn’t a very deep sea experience as the spot was only about 50 m from the shore line. One fish was caught at this spot and we thought the day was looking up. Unfortunately it did not get better.

After waiting in that spot for two hours and no more fish, we moved spaces. Lunch was terrible, chicken and salad that had more salt than chicken. After eight hours fishing, we managed to catch one fish and a sea snail. The bait was in an ice chest but still managed to expire before we caught another fish.

The trip cost over $400 and was well overpriced. We asked the captain how much to hire him and the boat for a second day, and suffice to say, Pattaya diving and fishing made a large profit from this terribly organised trip.

Pros – none
Cons – everything

Overall deep sea fishing was a terrible experience and waste of time and money. I would not recommend this company or fishing trip to anyone.

17  Thank Mr_Ben_5000
Pattayadivingfishing, Owner at Scuba Diving Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Firstly thanks very much for your comments, albeit pretty unfair.

You came into the shop and I said that we offer a very Thai deep sea fishing experience. The suggestion that we would arrange a trip and purposely not try and catch fish is preposterous. You were shown pictures of the boat and you were happy with what was agreed. You seemed to have forgotten this, I wonder why?

In regards to the amount of fish that were caught that day, I wish I could get my magic wand out and make every group catch 1000 + fish, but I am not sure you’re aware (it seems not) that it is generally down to technique/skill and also a bit of luck. Very easy to get negative when a day’s fishing isn’t all that you have hoped for, I do understand this, but again, I would say that this is fishing, there are never guarantees.

In response to the price:

You were charged 12,000 baht (which you agreed) nobody made you do this!
The boat hire costs 6,500
Taxi to and from location 1000 baht
Food around 700 baht

This adds up to 8200 baht so I roughly made around 3800 baht on this trip which you consider to be such a large profit, I certainly don’t. Did you not stop to think that there were other charges not just the boat fee, or were you so quick to get to a computer and falsify a report and tarnish our business. Why didn’t you call me and speak to me about what we could have been done to satisfy your queries/complaints face to face or over the phone?

I would recommend a read of this book prior to your next fishing trip, I am sure it will save you a lot of time when you and your friend are posting damning reports. The title of the book The Ultimate Guide to Fishing by Jay Cassell which you can purchase at most recommended retailers.

All in all a very harsh review which could have been easily sorted out face to face, you are most welcome to come and see us to discuss further at any time.

Regards