“food at gregs”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“food at gregs”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

those that remember GREGS old place should try the new venue think it was a great idea to move the location is better and the food still as good [honest pub grub]very well priced and huge helpings ,take a look when in pattaya and even 2nd road

1 Thank des2duck

bangkok
“Comfort food”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Thai cuisine is sensational but sometimes the siren-song of Western comfort food is too loud to ignore. Greg's Kitchen provides everything ex-pats occasionally crave - sausages, steak and kidney pie, roasts, shepherd's pie, chips, mash, gravy, and a very good full English breakfast. The servings are massive, the beer is cold and the prices are very affordable. It also has an extensive Thai menu and wine and cocktails are also on offer. Unsurprisingly, given the number of English-speaking patrons, the friendly staff have very good English; service is prompt and while the restaurant isn't the prettiest place you'll see, it has a welcoming ambience. It's in Drinking Street so if that's not your scene, it's best to dine earlier, rather than later.

Pattaya, Thailand
“fantastic menu, quality food, great cocktails, friendly staff.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A must place to visit in Pattaya, located just off second road opposite tiffany's, offering quiet easy to park surroundings in the day and a slightly more party atmosphere in the evening with music from surrounding bars.The Menu is Fantastic and the quality of the food is top quality. not to mention the friendly staff. Another thing thats needs mentioning in the is the standard of the thai cuisine, My g.f (who is thai) will very rearly compliment the thai food from a western style restaurant, however she tells me its by far the best. which means were both more then happy after a trip to Gregs. If people want a great breakfast, fantastic traditional English food, Authentic Thai food , and of course a superb Sunday roast, id more then recommend a visit. . enjoy.

Pattaya, Thailand
“Good food & a generous glass of wine.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The restaurant and recently relocated next to drinking st on 2nd rd, I really enjoyed their lamb chops (350 baht) which were cooked to perfection with excellent vegetables and a generous glass of red wine (140 Baht). So many restaurants serve a small glass of red with a big price however Greg's use a large wine glass with a generous serve.

There is a big sign on the wall advertising their 24 hour breakfast so I asked the waiter what time they opened in the morning, he said 11 o'clock. :)

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“A welcome place for 2 Yanks on a working holiday”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I made a visit to Greg's Kitchen while on a working (him) holiday (me) in Pattaya. I was recovering from a terrible bout of food poisoning (not sure of the source) so I wanted a bit of comfort food. While hubby was working I researched a place to eat. This being my first day out and still weak in the stomach we made the trek to Greg's. Now rather than hop on a Baht Bus from further South we walked up to Greg's Kitchen (not such a good idea). His directions are flawless and if you know where Tiffany's is you can't miss the turn to Drinking Street from 2nd Road.

We walked into his place and instantly felt relaxed and welcomed. He had football on the television and he got up to greet us. We were offered a place to sit and were handed menus by the very pleasant waitress.

We ordered beverages and pondered our selections. I ordered fish and chips with peas (the peas were amusing, but being American it isn't a standard accompaniment to our "Fish Fry's) and my husband ordered the chicken fried rice. Our food came quickly and we were both really happy with our choices.

The batter on the Fish was exactly as I had hoped for, just the right amount of crispy batter covered the fish. It was cooked a beautiful toasty brown and after a bit of chatter with Greg was the exact right temperature to eat. My husband was extremely pleased with the Chicken Fried Rice and couldn't get over the ratio of chicken to rice (hey, he is an engineer!!!) and the flavor. I shared one of my fish filets with hubby also enjoyed it.

The meal was finished with a scoop of ice cream and in the end the meal with beverages came to a very reasonable 545 baht.

Greg's Kitchen is everything as advertised and offers a comfortable, good place to take the foreign out of travel to Pattaya. The decor is proper for the area and very well organized in a city that can cause a bit of anxiety for the newbie. Since I had never taken a Baht Bus and Hubby refused to let me walk the distance back to the hotel located near Walking Street we were given correct instructions on proper Bhat Bus rules. ( take one that is already operating, have correct change 10 baht, and don't engage in conversation with the driver).

• Visited July 2012