“Easily the best Thai restaurant in Pattaya”

Somsakdi's Resturant
Ranked #384 of 1,131 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Adjoining the Nantra de Boutique hotel Pattaya..
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have been regular visitors to Pattaya for 12 years and found Somsaks by chance a few years ago. We must have eaten in there 20 times since and have never ever been less than delighted by the food and friendly service. If you like proper good quality Thai food in a truly atmospheric traditional Thai setting at very reasonable prices then give Somsaks a try - I would be very surprised if you were disappointed. It's half way up Soi 1 which is close to Holiday Inn and Markland Condo off beach road.

2  Thank deborahandmartin

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Video contribution captures their specialty Jameson Irish Coffee which was a real treat.

Regrettably, one highlight that the video missed was their poached chicken that was marinated overnight and then lit-up with fire on the table in front of us. Made it extra crispy on the outside and it was then dipped into a spice bowl for an extra tangy flavor. Not just spectacular, but delicious.

Highly recommended if you are looking for some quality Thai food.

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Found the restaurant after some search ordered Tom yum soup, pad Thai & green curry rice. The old woman serving was nice but did not know service. We ordered a beer for myself wifey & coke for my kid. 1st thing arrived was some old tin cutlery I thought may be this the authentic Thai way. Next a big bowl of tin covered opened the same was rice, then came curry I inquired about soup said coming. Finally the soup arrived they said big bowl 3 can eat I was shocked it was just a bowl with soup for one, very very spicy my son had tears running down I gad a taste & realised it was not like what u get in the rest of Thailand very poor with just red chilly paste. Then I asked them to change it rice bowl as it was ice cold the old woman hesitated then took it, one bald man brought it back from her hand he says you eat, I said very cold he said you eat or not my problem. I wanted to swing out as he was very rude but considering his age & with my kid around we just ate the curry with the cold rice I called him & said this curry has raw obergin & veges in it he was again abusive then we realised that may be he was the mad owner so we paid the bill & left. I did not want to spoil such a lovely Thai holiday we had been in Thailand for 17 days already this is my 5th trip gave never come across some one so rude every one in Thailnd is always so sweet. Lucky no lizard fell on us I did not tell my wife until we got up she was so mad. Trying to put a picture of the ceiling with lizards.

2  Thank EverestMax
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Don't miss this amazing rest . Run there and don't miss the delicious food that that iv ever ate in Thailand ( alote of times) don't miss duke in kari and almost very dish is perfect !!!!!!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Close to the beach hidden in a small soi you will find this famous thai restaurant. The menu is extensive from home made pate, western food, fish, to all kind of thai food. This outdoor restaurant gives you good value for money in a special atmosphere.