“The best Indian food in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Indian By Nature

Indian By Nature
Ranked #4 of 918 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Indian by Nature is a refined and distinguished family run restaurant located in the heart of Pattaya. The restaurant excels in offering guests an array of Indian dishes that range from traditional regional dishes to innovative concept dishes designed to appeal to Thai and Western palates. Consistently ranked on TripAdvisor as one of the top three restaurants in Pattaya, Indian by Nature is a member of the prestigious Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, a historic international organisation dedicated to highlighting the most notable gourmet restaurants in the world. The food is complemented by an exciting list of new world wines, held in a glass, temperature controlled wine cellar.The restaurant founder and Head Chef, Mrs Av Khanijou has trained in New Delhi under notable chef Savitri Bhatia and as far afield as Switzerland with head chef of the renowned Ambassador Hotel, Rosie Straubhar.
Brunei Darussalam
“The best Indian food in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

To starts of with, the decor and ambience setting was splendid. Set the mood for what's to come.

To the food... You cannot take anything away from it. I loved it and give it my approval, probablythe best North Indian food I've had in Thailand. Yes, the price is on the higher side, but you are getting what you pay for, so no complaints there from me.

Aphirudee, Owner at Indian By Nature, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so very much for giving us the thumbs up for the decor, ambience and food! Your comments are very valuable to us.

We look forward to having you over again, soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Over rated restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Poor service,over rated and over priced... Go to the place if u have too much time to waste and wait for food after u order...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Pinks23
Dear Pinks23,

I am pretty sure I know you as the guests who dined outdoors, in which case this review is unwarranted for.

At any restaurant there will be some waiting time after the orders have been placed. As I have stressed before, our food is made fresh, on order only, there will definitely be waiting time. You visited us on a night when we were at our busiest - every table inside was taken - that too without reservations. Added waiting time. Being an Indian yourself, you are well acquainted with the preparation time for most every dish.

You had to brave heavy traffic, normal for the New Year holiday period, but probably new to you, to reach our establishment which had tested your nerves already. We just bore the brunt of that frustration! I do think the Indian By Nature team tried to accommodate you to the best of their abilities. We are not magicians, we try to please every guest, but we all have just a pair of legs and hands and there's only so much one can do!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Discovered the restaurant by chance and loved it. Service was top notch and food delicious. Once the server knew i was not used to eat spices he assessed me on how to get the best experience, thx Ganesh!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank DrEstevej
Aphirudee, Owner at Indian By Nature, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear DrEstevej,

We do attempt to spice our dishes as requested by our guests and are happy to know that we got it just right for you!

Thank you for taking out the time to write.

Baku, Azerbaijan
“Over rated and over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Visited with my partner. The decor and service is good but the food is very expensive for Pattaya/Jomtien area and is only just as good as others in the Pattaya and Jomtien area. We've eaten in lots of Indian restaurants around the world and this one is OK but is over rated and over priced.

Three very annoying which you don't want during your meal:-

Firstly we were sharing starters and before we had finished both starters the waitress came and leaned over and took an empty dish from the table. Why disturb us whilst we were eating? Why not wait until all the starters had been finished? They did this with the main course.

Secondly as we were coming to the end of our starters a waitress stood and stared and watched my partners every mouthful waiting for the moment until she could scurry over and take the dishes from the table! Not what you want when you are eating.

Thirdly, when the bill came there was a 10% service charge added. This really is one of my pet hates!!!! Why should anyone be forced to pay 10% extra for service? This is just another way of ripping you off. If service deserves paying for then I always make sure I leave a tip but to have it forced on you is an outrage!! I don't know if it stated on the menu anywhere that 10% would be added but it certainly was not spotted by both of us.

Take my advice, enjoy the many other Indian Restaurants in the area that serve up equally good food at reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2013
Aphirudee, Owner at Indian By Nature, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Waddywoody21,

This is the fourth time you have copied and pasted the same review. The Trip Advisor team removed this same review thrice, removing my answer to your first attempt. Sigh! I wish I had had the foresight, like you, and saved my answer as well. It amazes me how conscientious you are in ensuring that this review sticks! I'm saving this answer this time :)

With reference to your first complaint: the waitress was just doing her job! She didn't remove any dishes before the food was consumed, did she? Why should you berate a waitress for being efficient?

The staring complaint: I have instructed my staff to be more unobtrusive when they find a handsome/beautiful face in our environs and to look for amusement elsewhere.

I'm happy for both yourself and myself that Indian By Nature, unlike some other establishments, Does Not charge 7% VAT, which would have elicited a longer tirade from you. Yes, we do have a 10% service charge which is the norm for restaurants of comparable calibre. Also, this is stated at the bottom of each and every page of our menu!

Thank you for conceding that our food and service are good. Some saving grace here!
Regarding being over priced, have you been to the market/supermarket recently? The price for every item has gone up, but we haven't changed our prices in ten years!

Happy dining at the other more suitable establishments around town and good luck!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have been here several times and would recommend it to anyone the food is great and so is the service and soroundings,

• Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Mr. Russell T,

Thank you for giving us the thumbs up!

We look forward to seeing you again, soon.