“Standards well kept since it opened.”
Review of Indian By Nature

Indian By Nature
Ranked #3 of 1,084 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian by Nature is a refined and distinguished family run restaurant located in the heart of Pattaya. The restaurant excels in offering guests an array of Indian dishes that range from traditional regional dishes to innovative concept dishes designed to appeal to Thai and Western palates. Consistently ranked on TripAdvisor as one of the top three restaurants in Pattaya, Indian by Nature is a member of the prestigious Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, a historic international organisation dedicated to highlighting the most notable gourmet restaurants in the world. The food is complemented by an exciting list of new world wines, held in a glass, temperature controlled wine cellar.The restaurant founder and Head Chef, Mrs Av Khanijou has trained in New Delhi under notable chef Savitri Bhatia and as far afield as Switzerland with head chef of the renowned Ambassador Hotel, Rosie Straubhar.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

By far the best restaurant in Pattaya, have visited this resturant since its opening and always dine here when in pattaya.
Congratulations to the management on doing a splendid job! Keep it up

1  Thank emeto

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just dined in your restaurant after our weekly shopping trip to Pattaya. As usual the food was very good and the service a little vague in the typical Thai way (you’re not alone here). I thought the tandoori platter was a little too salty this time but that’s personal taste.

However I was very unhappy about an issue that arose in the restaurant. Halfway through our meal I decided to order some extra food as take away to go home with us. When the bill arrived we had been charged “service charge 10%” on the extra take away food we had ordered. I have no problem with a service charge when you dine in the restaurant, but charging it on take away food? There is no mention of this extra charge on your take away menu (have a copy on the fridge at home) and the prices are the same as the dine in menu.

I queried this with the waiter and a second waiter, who told me that this was restaurant policy. I said that there was no mention in the take away menu and that even a free drink was on offer for take away when you had the menu. I was bluntly told that this is the way it is and nothing could be done about it.

I paid the bill and left in a bad frame of mind over this. Although it is probably only 100 Baht or so, it is the principal that is at stake here. I won’t be ordering any more take away from you if this is “Policy” as you are the only restaurant I have ever been to that charges 10% service for no service.

3  Thank Peter W
Aphirudee, Owner at Indian By Nature, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Peter W,

I am so sorry that you enjoy our food, but left in a bad frame of mind when you last visited.
Yes, it is our policy to charge the service tariff as firstly it is in our computer system and secondly, all the materials that go in packing takeaways cost money. Our food prices, as you have pointed out, are reasonably priced and have not been changed since the day we opened, even with the rising costs of raw materials.
The service staff who interacted with you might not (as is often the case in Thailand) have been fluent in the English language so might have come across as blunt, unintentionally.

I do hope we can welcome you back in a better frame of mind and if you make yourself known, please do have a drink on us!

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Turned up very close to closing time, however, they still allowed me to dine in. I think that my late showing may have been the reason for getting both my starter and main course together, but both were cooked to the highest of standards. This is one restaurant not to be missed...

1  Thank birjukaria

Thank you so much for your appreciation!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Four of us ate here this evening, October 14th. It was without exception the best dining experience I have had in Pattaya. The ambiance, the decor, the quality of service and attentiveness of The Manager and his warm, friendly staff where second to none. I have lived on four Continents of the world and this was the best Indian food I have ever experienced. I could not fault anything and the house wine was also an excellent South African red. The time in-between courses was well planned so as to give you time to digest and enjoy the meal without feeling rushed. Even the spaciousness of the tables gave you conversational privacy and a feeling of having your own corner of the restaurant. The vast choice of both vegetarian and traditional meat dishes was exceptional and every part of the dining experience was sumptuous. I highly recommend a visit and for sure the four of us will be returning, very soon!

1  Thank Wayne955
Aphirudee, Owner at Indian By Nature, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you so much for taking out precious time to write a review.
We, the management as well as the staff, appreciate your favorable comments. We strive hard to provide quality food and service and it is heart warming to know that our efforts don't go unnoticed.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My experience is limited to the 109kn lunch buffet- but it alone is worthy of the 5 Stars! AMAZING Indian, (from an Indian food lover). Highly recommend it- Super friendly, delicious and a great deal. I really hope they keep up the high quality at such a great price!!! Nice and busy, only one table vacant while we were here and a steady rotation over the lunch break.

Will return... weekly... Or tomorrow....

1  Thank joshandjennie