“Sabai Mak Mak”

Ranked #86 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
San Francisco, California
“Sabai Mak Mak”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had booked a room with Sabai Empress where I've stayed a half dozen times previously. Upon my arrival, they informed me they were overbooked and I would have to stay at their sister hotel, the Sabai Wing just around the corner. They were very nice with the mix up. They had their boy deliver my luggage to the Sabai Wing just two minutes away. The Sabai Wing is attached to the Sabai Lodge and shares their facilities, such as swimming pools, restaurants, and bar. For a few dollars less, I had an enjoyable stay at this hotel and will probably book this hotel over the Sabai Empress. Rooms were adequate size, but not big. Guest friendly. Free water provided daily. WiFi works well. Cons: Walls were not exactly sound proof, so you're able to hear your neighbor's late night activities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Thaistyx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel while their other hotel (Sabai Empress) fixed their mistake of losing my reservations. Long story short, I will never stay at the Sabai Empress again. Their customer service and business practices are terrible. You can read about that in my review of their hotel.

I didn't speak much to the staff at this hotel, so I can't comment on their performance. I was already ticked off by their other hotel.

This hotel was very nice, clean and spacious. The lobby was really large. The lobby opened up into a court area where they had a bar and a swimming pool. The pool was really big and lagoon like. The bar never seemed to be open while I was there. I think they closed early. The bottom floor also had a restaurant. The hotel also provided complimentary breakfast which I didn't get a chance to eat.

I stayed in the suite on the sixth floor. The room was very nice. The room had a living room area, bedroom, and bathroom. The living room had a desk, big couch, tv, dvd player, and a small selection of movies. The living room was also connected to a small kitchenette with a large refrigerator, hot water boiler, and coffee.

The room had a large king size bed, flat screen tv, desk, luggage stand, and closet. The room had central air conditioning and was well lit. Both the living room and the bedroom had lanai areas with table and chairs.

The bathroom was large and clean. They came with both a shower and bathtub.

The location was near soi 1 which is on the opposite end of the beach where Walking Street is and one block away from the beach inland. The area is a bit more quiet than the beach area and a lot more quiet than the Walking Street area. It took about ten minutes to get to the Walking Street area with one of the tuk tuk trucks.

I would recommend this hotel to people who want a quieter area. The hotel seemed very new and clean. I didn't pay for the suite because they upgraded me for the night due to the loss of my reservation, but the suite was very nice. I think its a good value hotel. I just hope their customer service is better than their other hotel, Sabi Empress. If they have similar staff, I wouldn't come back. Because I didn't talk to them much, I can't judge that though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank xbreadboyx
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I love this place.

Stayed for four nights in Novembers and enjoyed every moment of my stay here.
It's located at the opposite end of beach road from all the action, which was a welcome difference, but only a 10 baht ride on the truck taxi's into town.

The room, although aging, had everything I needed, TV, Aircon, balcony, big bathroom, wi fi, fridge and safe. It was much better than I expected at the price I paid. There was construction going on next door, so sometimes you could hear machinery or banging but I assume that will finish sometime soon.

Also, boys... there is no joiner fee for guests.

The staff were really good, helpful and competent. They even let me check out late as my flight was not until the evening!

Breakfast was provided daily and of a good standard and there were plenty of other restaurants, bars and other attractions in the nearby area.

I would stay here again and recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank livinginthehat
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2011

The sabai wing is joined to the sabai lodge so all amenities can be used. All rooms are pool view and have a decent balcony. I have stayed here several times and always book a couple of days elsewhere as a comparison first and also you can sometimes get better deals turning up at the reception and bartering. Last september 2 of us stayed at the areca lodge and 2 of us at the mercure for the 1st 2 days and all agreed that the sabai wing was better so returned there for the rest of the holiday. The only cons are that the lights in the room aren't great so it can feel a bit dark at night and Soi 1 is not my preferred area but it's easy to get around so no real issue.
Rooms are cleaned everyday and I have never had any issue with anything being broke or not working. In room safe is big enough for a small laptop and free wireless internet generally works well (some sporadic signal loss most days). Never had breakfast here but had a few meals and they were ok (nothing special but certainly not bad).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends