“cheap but great location - peacefull but Internet very bad”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Tui's Place Guest House
Ranked #2 of 596 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

if you're looking to get away near the beach at an affordable place, then that's the place to stay. I have stayed there few time but on this 3rd trip, I asked the owner if Internet was faster than few years ago, as the last time it was horrible , I had to go out and look for Internet outside. working with clients worldwide while on vacation , I do work on the middle of the night pretty often . going out at 3 am for an Internet shop was just impossible. so I wanted to make sure before I book the room, that they had fixed their Internet . owner said it has been and that it was much faster than before . I said I would book but would leave If the Internet wasn't good .

arrived there at 7pm from Bangkok , and there were nobody to greet us. didn't even know if I had to pay for driver as it was booked via the hotel . so paid and looked inside hotel, in the kitchen and finally found someone. gave me the keys and we had to bring our own bags upstairs (4 floors) . I mean we had to do it all. I was surprised as it wasnt like that before but I guess arriving at 7 pm is too late as everyone was gone already. he didn't asked for passport , neither for credit cards, just gave us the rooms and we were left there.

in my room, of course Internet wasn't right . tested it and it was under 100kb . on 2 nd floor my friend had same issue, had a hard time connecting to the network. went to dinner , came back , tried again, same thing. I just left and booked an hotel elsewhere as I just didn't want to stress with it.

came back the next day, and paid for the 2 rooms , which we didn't used , didn't touch anything, and we were asked to pay at least 3 nights each. I said I didn't want as I made it clear if I didn't have Internet, I would t stay. I only paid one night.

also there were no security guard this time . yes we had a key to open the door, but yanking hard on it was enough to open it.

I'm not here to talk bad, that's a cheap place, great location, and rooms are huge. if you're just there on a tight budget . then go for it

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank stephanmignon
tuisplace, General Manager at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Khun Stephan,

I am VERY sorry that you had a bad experience at Tui's Place. :-(

The problem basically is that "Tui's Place" is two businesses rolled into one. Khun Jean and his team take care of the "A" and "B" class room and Khun Tui, the "C" and "D" class rooms. Most unfortunately, as you were in Room A4 (you weren't to know this at the time), the staff on Khun Jean's side are in need of more training. As for the Internet connectivity problem, their are two separate SSIDs ("Tui's Place FREE WiFi" and "Aquarius") at the guest house but "Aquarius" was the only one operating at the time. I know Tui was most frantic about the situation; but most unfortunately Khun Stephan - I was in hospital, so was unable to get discharged at that time to assist.

I act as Tui's de facto reservations manager, concierge and IT guy, so being in hospital, I was unable to notify Khun Tui of your arrival Khun Stephan, as I know Tui would have most definitely been on those steps to greet you.

Bad timing then I'm afraid, but writing this...this was totally, TOTALLY our fault and I apologise unreservedly for your disappointment.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Try not to tell too many people about Tui's Place. Why ruin a perfect situation. This place is a Gay Vacation Dream Come True. Keep in mind it is not a chain hotel. Its a guest house but Tui and Neil put the GUEST in all capital letters. I can't think of another Gay hotel that is actually ON a Gay Beach. Pattaya is noisy and crowded but Tui's Place is nestled on a small beach road literally two minutes from transportation into the downtown and night spot areas.
The rooms are charming and spacious (spend the few extra Bhat and go 'seaside') clean and furnished in 'casual beach Thai'. Cable, great A/C and a comfortable homey feel. Restaurant on premises that churns out great Thai and Western food from breakfast to early evening looking out over the ocean at very reasonable prices. Gay beach directly off the hotel lobby (ask for Mr. Rit's part of the beach; cutest guys and best service). WARNING: there is no elevator so if you have mobility issues this won't be your place. But the stairs are not a real hindrance. HUGE gorgeous swimming pool that belongs to high rise condo's behind guest house available for Tui's Place guests. Have no idea how Tui managed that but it makes the stay perfect.
The real draw, however, is Neil and Tui. They are Pattaya's answer to Abbot and Costello; Laurel and Hardy; Lucy and Desi !!!!! They are incredible to watch as they tend to guest needs. Bravo guys. You have a wonderful spot in Paradise and you deserve the Kudo's.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gary C
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you Khun Gary for your very kind remarks and Khun Neil and I hope your enjoyed your recent "second visit" to Tui's Place since discovering the "Best Kept Secret In Thailand", as much as did - your first visit. :-)

Tui

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Dear All,
I had the most wonderful of Christmas' and New Year's. Thanks to Tui, Neil and all the Staff of Tui's Place. This being my second stay I was delighted to see the amazing service continues.

I had the opportunity to have many conversations with both Tui and Neil and found to be great company.

A big thank you to Qanta and her Team at the beach concession in front of Tui's. Cold drinks served with a genuine smile, always.

Food from Tui's kitchen served on the patio and on the beach was excellent.

All in all a very care free break. Just what was required. Thank you again.

Teerayuth Suntea (Abdul), thank you to you. King of the beach massage. I am still floating. Do yourself a favor and try to get a booking. He's always busy.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank David H

A long, LONG time in responding Khun David I know but it was truly our great pleasure seeing your smiling face at breakfast everyday. I hope you will grace Tui's Place with your patronage again some day. Until then...thank you very, very much for such a lovely review.

Tui

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Though the review is delayed, but its necessary, as we totally loved our stay at Tui's place!
We (three male friends) visited Pattaya from Oct 18th till 21st, and stayed at Tui's place.
The best part of the stay was Neil undoubtedly. he really went all out to help us, whether it be giving us a bigger room, good brunches, directions to friendly places around!

And the place is like just almost on the beach, hop skip and jump and there is the beach :-)

We are surely gonna visit Pattaya again, if not for pattaya but just to stay at Tui's place :)

Room Tip: Try and book early as there aint many rooms and they do get sold out very fast.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmarChopra
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Khun Yogesh and friends, although this "thank you" note is delayed, I just wanted to write and say what an absolute joy it was for me personally to have such a wonderful group of friends; who obviously thoroughly enjoyed Pattaya, come stay with us here on Jomtien Beach - at Tui's Place, your "home away from home"! :-)
We sincerely hope we will see you all again sometime in the future, and many thanks too for such a lovely critique. Tui

Reviewed November 25, 2012

we have just returned after a 3 weeks stay in tui's place and we had to write this review to say a big thank you to neil and tui and all their staff for helping to make our stay such a pleasure.The room we had was fantastic(A2)really big room loads of space and a nice balcony overlooking the beach.the staff are all friendly and helpfull and the position of tui's place could not be better nice and busy through the day and quiet and relaxing at night a real oasis on the beach.The only fault was that we were having such a great time here that the 3 weeks went over far too quickly we can certainly reccomend tui's place for a great time and will be going back next year

Room Tip: we had superior seaside view room A2 great position
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

this is a great location right on the beach in pattaya. comfortable room with a balcony. its my second time here and i would come back. ate lunch here too and it was good. the only drawback is trying to get the suitcases upo the stairs

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgtwrench
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had the pleasure or staying at Tui's Place for two weeks.
Arriving late in the night (1am) due to flight delays I was greeted by Neil (Tui's friend) with a welcoming smile. Just what I needed after one of those days. We went directly to my room (Seaview room C4).

I had breakfast everyday and lunch on the beach most days. The food was always fresh and enjoyed. My Thai friend also liked all the ate. I'm not a fan of chilli and found many options to my taste.

I was always made to feel welcome and found Tui, Neil and all their staff to be very hospitable and genuine.

The location of Tui's is directly on the gay beach of Dong Tan. But the beach is not a party beach so no loud noise.

I had a two hour massage every day just infront of Tui's. At a cost of 600 Thai Baht + tip, about $30.00 AUD. I absolutely recommend Teerayuth Suntea (he's the best) his hands are just amazing.

Finally, I have been to Pattaya 7 times now and stayed at The Bondi, The Room Club Hotel and Avalon Resort. In my professional opinion ( I have been working in Food and Beverage management for 30 years) Tui's Place is by far the best for value, friendliness and overall experience.

If you are a Gay or Lesbian traveler and want a wonderful guesthouse on the beach that is safe and friendly stay at
Tui's Place.