“Friendly, Laid-Back and Comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Tui's Place Guest House
Ranked #3 of 514 Pattaya B&B and Inns
New York
“Friendly, Laid-Back and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

And a perfect location right on the gay beach, As other reviewers have said, it's a simple place, but I always enjoy staying here. Nice breakfast and the best coffee in Jomtien!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room -- the floor doesn't matter.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Davidmny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor which should say something in and of itself.

I've visited Pattaya 5 times in the last 7 years. I like to try different gay-friendly places but now I will return to Tui's Place. I arrived at 10am, jet-lagged, and tired and found my room not to be ready which is understandable at that hour. John quickly offered me a smaller room to nap in until my room was ready...at no extra charge! What a way to be greeted and feel welcome. When my room was ready (ocean view with balcony on second floor) I found it clean, roomy, with an amazing view of the gay beach directly in front of me.

The staff are friendly and always willing to be helpful. Neil (title of Tui's friend), more like the manager, was the kindest and funniest "concierge" I've ever met in Thailand. I only wish he was around when I first started to visit!!! He offered great tips on places to go from food to shows to bars, and even went out of his way to introduce me to other guests while enjoying an American breakfest in their open air dining room which overlooks the beach.

The area has a boardwalk-like feeling, closed to traffic during peak day hours. It's a great strectch to go for a morning walk or jog and when you are ready for the beach, it's 6 steps to the sand! The security guard comes on duty at 6pm and is there throughout the night so I felt safe bringing guests back to my room. And I enjoyed the intamacy and privacy of a smaller gay-friendly B&B to the larger hotels where u are just a number.

You can take a group taxi in those pick up trucks for 10 baht to get to Boystown or Sunee Plaza or if in a rush take a motor taxi for 50 baht. I did both.

And I will let you in on a well-kept secret. Tui's guests have access to a private pool just a few steps out their back door for those who want a dip in fresh, CLEAN water. The pool is part of the Condo Complex behind Tui's. Plenty of lounges and not crowded. A nice escape after a day on the beach.

Overall, staff, location, pool, safety and cleanliness make Tui's the best value in Pattaya. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach offer best views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank M S
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I got this place, because it was right along the beach in Jomtien. I didn't want to stay in Pattaya itself, as the water would be dirty. Dongtan Beach is clean enough for swimming. I was surprised that the beach was crowded. The baht buses don't pass here, as the street is only for pedestrians. You need to get down at the corner of Thappaya Road, near a 7-11 and a police station, then it's a 5-7 minute walk to the hotel. During the day, most of Dongtan Beach is covered with parasols and deck chairs that you will have to rent out for 100 baht. If you want to go to a place where lounging and sunbathing is free, there is a bare patch of sand just beyond the Rabbit Resort, heading towards the direction of Pattaya Park.

The hotel itself is simple. The lobby is small, and looks more like someone's living room. Lots of phallic (!) decor strewn around the place, but it's cozy overall. We got a standard room at the third floor, so it wasn't facing the water - but it was OK. No lifts though, and the stairs were narrow, so if you're carrying large, heavy suitcases, tough luck. There was a balcony, and lots of sunshine. The bed was large and comfy. Again, there were interesting furnishings, and bookcases with books - again I felt like I was staying over in someone's house. What I found weird though was the fact that the bathroom had a door at one end, then going through it towards the shower, it's wide open! A bit quirky, but manageable. There's no breakfast included, so you have to go out. I was disappointed that there weren't that many local stalls nearby, just a lot of European-style restaurants. If you want relatively cheap Thai food, it's a 10 minute walk south towards the main road along Jomtien Beach.

If you want to go to Pattaya, it's 20-30 baht ride on the songthaew or "baht bus", and will take you around 10-15 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the beach are good value - much quieter. In fact, if you had a room at the fr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheShrike_inManila
Toulouse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I had an excellent time, i recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Paul P
Belo Horizonte, MG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was supposed to stay for 8 nights starting 29 dec 2011 but actually left after 3 nights only. My really bad experience started upon check-in, when the front desk guy was very unfriendly and basically took my suitcase to my room and left without a smile or a word. Second day: no hot water in the shower. I complained about this but nothing was done for one day. The staff seemed not too care, communication was difficult, they were always busy with their restaurant orders and no attention was given to guests´ needs and I suppose in general hotel´s issues are given no attention. The same guy at the front desk said he could do nothing about it and even suggested that I check out instead of complaining. But before I left the manager Tui showed up and had someone fix my shower in a matter of minutes. But it was too late - I was decided to leave this disgusting place, with non-existing service, no matter how ashamed the manager seemed to be. Also, there is nothing attractive about Tui´s Place - the rooms and bathrooms are old, the linens are poor quality and the mattress is too hard, the beach is too crowded and dirty. Horrible experience. Won´t stay here ever again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
15 Thank Ekvall
tuisplace, Owner at Tui's Place Guest House, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
This is a very interesting critique because when Neil had breakfast with Khun Ivan after his first night (and second night) at Tui's Place, Neil actually asked Khun Ivan whether everything "was okay". He said "everything was great" or words to that affect. Far from ignoring Khun Ivan too, Neil always had a cheery comment for Khun Ivan whenever he saw him and had even taken the time prior to Khun Ivan's arrival to find his friends accommodation, something he got no thanks for and didn't have to do.
Khun Ivan's friends stayed at a far more expensive hotel and not a humble guest house, which was at least 5-times more expensive than Tui's Place. I apologize unreservedly then that we were unable to compete with this fine establishment, which was also at least 10-blocks from the gay beach.
The fact is - Khun Ivan and his friends hated Pattaya; he and his friends couldn't leave Pattaya soon enough. Certainly I would accept Khun Ivan's critique if he had moved into the hotel Neil had found for his friends, but he didn't. They all left for Koh Samet on the afternoon of the third day, with absolutely no mention of there being anything untoward about Tui's Place. It's important to understand you see that there are always two sides to a story and so I am glad I have finally been given the opportunity to post our side of what actually happened. Thank you very much. Tui
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights on my first tour of Thailand. I really wish I stayed for longer. The room was big, had a lovely sitting area and a nice balcony. I tried to book the superior room, however had to settle for a standard beachside. I really couldn't have needed more! Staff were friendly and helpful, guests welcome to visit room and the location! Wow! So good, if swimming, reading and enjoying serviced beach lounges are your thing! Much better than Phuket and Koh Samui for right on gay beach! fantastic boutique 'spirits' bar with hundreds of choices and awsome Cabaret in nearby Jompien Complex. Im be holidaying here for 2 weeks next time!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Scottster914
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Tui's Place is a fantastic comfortable friendly little hotel right on the gay beach with spectacular balconies, great staff, a wonderful little beach side restaurant and such helpful people that you will feel like friends in a few days...I stayed a month and then came back later to stay a few more weeks.....rooms are simple and perfect for a stay at the beach.... I love the view and the access (steps from the beach chairs) and the easy going feeling of it all....I can't wait to return....

Room Tip: beach front with balcony is my fav
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo