“lovely French experience”

Ranked #84 of 1,051 Restaurants in Pattaya
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went back to Au bon coin last week , still the same nice and very good restaurant. nice house in a tropical garden , it is probably a bit hard to find if you dont know the area.Reservation is advised on weekends as the place is always full. you are welcome at the table with some "amuse bouche" the dishes are very traditional french cuisine , had a fantastic halibut , other friend had the famous 5 hours lamb stew ..from starter to dessert , everything was perfect.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

There is no doubt about it this is the finest French Food I have ever eaten. The service is excellent an the host very nice and attentive. I woujld recommend this restaurant to be the best in Pattaya. Norman

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I and my wife were asked to join in a french restaurant in Pattaya by some friends. It was a great restaurant. The selection of drinks and food were great. The price was reasonable. The service was very prompt. Great experience...five hour lamb and the shrimp cocktail were YUMMMMMMMMMMM....

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having been taken to our reserved table we felt ignored initially with nobody requesting our drink order. My first impression was that people were unattentive & unfriendly.Then our meal order was taken but we had to request to order a drink first. The owner appears to take all orders.We had an early booking for 6.30 but arrived at 6.45 as we did great difficulty finding the restaurant. The venue is perfect for all occasions but I felt the food was disappointing for us I like to choose healthy food but I had the slow cooked lamb which was soooo greasy. I was unable to finish it so asked for a 'doggy bag'. The following morning confirmed my thoughts, there was solid white fat covering the complete top of the container. Disappointing. The pate was tasty but quite dry...needed some moist fruit compote/conserve/ sauce to balance the flavours. Sorry not for us.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have known this restaurant for about a year, and been there the 3 times I was in Pattaya (over the last 12 months).

I must say that i felt a small drop concerning the quality, but a drop from amazing to good (if not very).

The pan fried foie has always been and remains amazing.

I was slightly disappointed by the foie gras terrine last time I went there because on previous occasion the foie gras was marbeled with figues but not last time...

Anyhow the quality of the food there really makes it one of my favorite French restaurant in Thailand (even with the small drop in quality). But do not be mistaken, their is no fuss in this restaurant. It is a relaxed place for "bons vivants".

Prices are reasonable for the overall quality served in the place.