“Oops mind that bike”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Oops mind that bike”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After knocking the chef off his motorbike a couple of weeks ago I felt the least I could do was go and try the food .......
Well I've been there about 10 times and I think it's really quite good ....
I've eaten off all the menus and have not had a bad meal .
The only thing I would say is tell the staff you want all your meals at the same time ...

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok
“Good food and friendly professional service”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been to Café le Mar many times, but until my last visit, I had never ordered from the Thai menu. I am glad I did. The Chicken curry served with roti was superb as was the crumbed snake fish served with a mango salad. Also worth a try is the pork ribs nicely flavoured with deep fried kaffir lime leaves.

Café le Mar offers outside seating (which can be a bit noisy) and an air-conditioned seating as well. Service is prompt and the serving staff are friendly and professional. Café le Mar is one of the better beachside restaurants in Jomtien.

• Visited July 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Ibiza diner in Jomtien”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

After a late room check-in we sat down to eat around 9 p.m. Multi-coloured fluoresce sent lighting and laid-back house grooves in a dark diner helped ease us into chill-out mode.

The food order passed the mark - a caesar salad and a tropical pizza - both great, the wood-fired pizza most welcome.
Prices were higher than normal and clearly closer to Phuket... with less steep cocktail prices the bar would surely be busier on a Saturday night. This reviewer fails to see why a cocktail drink should be the same as a main dish (250 to 350 bht). 150 to 230 bht would have been more reasonable given it is really a cafe, not an after-hours club. It was good to see an array of shisha pipes here too, they can really add to the smell and senses of a bar, however you must pay handsomely for the privelege of fashionable recreation.

Overall I must say the place was a welcome break from the norm, great interior designs with a wide and varied menu.
A wee bit of research on the name indicates it is probably modeled on the Cafe del Mar from Ibiza, kind of another 'Thai copy' if you will. Another reviewer mentioned Iranian ownership. We couldnt decide upon the origin of the East Euro-style pop videos (my partner noticed they were filmed in Thailand), I guessed at Turkey or Kazahkstan - who knows, maybe we were chilling to beats from Iran... It was different enough for me and that's what counted last night.

2 Thank David_H_BKK
Ostermundigen
“Nice place to relax and do some work”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I enjoy cafe le mar for several years now. After some sun bathing and swimming this restaurant is a good place to do some work. They offer WIFI access for free and it works most of the time, well we are in Thailand and if you see the sometimes adventurous cabling, no wonder if things fail sometimes.

The owner is really nice and the staff is friendly. The Thai food is very good for european taste (and if you ask you get the spicy food like "yam woonsen" really spicy) and the prices are fair. From time to time i switch to european food, mostly pizzas where the selection is quite big and the quality is also very good.

The atmosphere is relaxed. In the evening they start to play music videos on all the screens. I don't really need that visual distraction but as we know in Thailand TVs are there to be turned on. Therefore I am glad they only turn on those TVs in the later afternoon, and they do not show that boring football which is shown in many other places.

Compared to other places with free WIFI, you can work there for hours and are not constantly pushed to consume drinks/food.

This is not a gourmet temple but the perfect place for my lifestyle. I guess i will come back to Cafe le Mar for many years to come

• Visited December 2012
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“stay away from this place!! very bad palce !”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

They advertise FREE WI-FI but WI-FI never work
The most high price and the very low quality ! The owner is from IRAN and have not idea about French food , Thai food and Italian Pizza ...
The service is poor and slow ,the quality is bad and to so very high prices !
The show FREE WI-FI baut WI-FI never work
Thei show FREE chers on the beach but service on the beach is close and when open you have to pay !
They show FREE service and free sitting on the beach but service on the beach is close and when open you have to pay chair ...

• Visited November 2012