“They couldn't get a single part of our order right”
Review of Cafe Le Mar

Cafe Le Mar
Ranked #142 of 1,000 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I don't enjoy writing negative reviews, but the problem is those experiences tend to stick out in your mind more often. I just wanted to write this review as a warning to anyone who may consider eating at Cafe Le Mar. I have a personal rule, that anything bad I try at least once more just in case they had an off night. I have eaten at CLM several times before with friends. I had the pizzas there the first time I went and they were pretty good. The service was terrible though. Next time I took an out of town client there to eat in the early afternoon and look at the water. There was 3 of us and they forgot to order 1 of the main dishes. My friend was so angry he didn't say anything, we paid the bill and left.
Last night I attempted to eat there again with some friends. Aside from the waiter taking the menus away after just 1 person ordering, the service got even worse. The forgot a main dish again and proceeded to call my friend a liar that he didn't order it, so we just smiled and said no thank you, we would take the bill and go. They brought over a fish about 10 minutes later that was not what my friend ordered. He told them to take it back. Later they came out with the fish in a to-go box and said they discounted it on the bill. We proceeded to tell them we didn't want it anymore as it was over an hour late. We made attempts at speaking to someone who speaks english at which point we were presented with another Thai who still didn't understand why we were not happy.
To cap the entire evening off, one of my friends and myself got food poisoning from the chicken cordon blue (which was actually tasty, the chicken, not the food sickness). To summarize, I have given this place multiple chances and its failed on every occasion. I will never go back.

3  Thank James W
There are newer reviews for Cafe Le Mar

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Aside from being warned that service tends to be less than great i figured I'd figured I'd chance as the setting is great for a nice outdoor dinner. Service was slow and they disappeared after taking one person out of seven's order. We had to walk into the kitchen to finish ordering. Everyone received their food but one. After everyone was done they asked "would you like food too" when informed that the person had ordered they called them a liar. At that point the person canceled their order. 30 min later wrong food arrives. We called over a manager who it turns out was actually another server. We were told it would be removed and taken off the bill. They then tried to make us take it home and pay for it. All in all it was horrific service with sub par food. Never go there. Dads 70th birthday was ruined.

3  Thank Qwerty234
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Been to this restaurant many times and will continue to go back. Thai food is fantastic Gang gali Gai ( if spelled correct yellow curry) is the best I have ever had and pizzas amazing. Very good staff and welcoming owner.

Good breakfast also great for me as I always stay close by.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

It is pretty obvious that the other review of Cafe Le Mar has been written by the owners. So, perhaps it needs to be balanced by a review from an actual diner.

I like the place - it is not the best restaurant in Jomtien, but it certainly isn't the worst. The pasta and pizzas are excellent. The service is friendly and relaxed. All in all it is well worth a visit.

It is a typical (yet more upscale) beachside restaurant - they play music videos, often have people drop in just for a beer, etc. The only thing that surpised me was that the Thai staff ordered their food from outside and then ate it in the dining room. Before that I was just about to order Thai food, but suddenly changed my mind!

1  Thank BMF60
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Cafe le Mar is one of those unique restaurants that encompasses the best of all worlds without making a dent in your wallet. Serving a range of cuisines; Thai, European and traditional Italian pizzas baked in a wood smoked oven, the high standard of all dishes will put a smile on all diners faces! The setting makes this an ideal venue to share a casual dinner with friends on the patio, overlooking the beach, a business or special meal in the well air conditioned restaurant or to sip a few cocktails with friends in the bar area, all areas boasting a wonderful ambience. For a mid-priced restaurant the wine cellar boasts a large range, suitable to all tastes and budgets. So why would you return again and again? The owners, Shan and Khun Nok make sure all customers are greeted and treated like family, having friendly and dedicated staff ready to take care of your every need. As the saying goes 'You've tried the rest, now try the best...' Once you've been you'll go back time and time again. Enjoy!