My wife and I were in Pattaya for a short 3 day stay before moving elsewhere in Thailand for the remainder of our vacation. We had been to Pattaya a few times in transit but prior to Hilton Pattaya opening. We chose the Hilton because of its location, "absolute beach front" and "right in the middle of the bay". We were not disappointed. Where to start:
- the lobby on level 16 is amazing, and has a lounge bar/restaurant overlooking the ocean/bar with breathtaking views (and amazing day lounges to sip champagne on and watch the world go by)
- we were then escorted to the club lounge check in on level 33 (which also has an amazing view). The service we obtained here was first class and we have been to many club lounges/executive floors etc. 'Bee' was our host and made our checkin as smooth as possible.
- we elected for a deluxe executive (i think thats the right language) and got room 3101. It is definitely worthwhile to pay the extra for a room at the front of the hotel (only 2 per level as the hotel is positioned long ways away from the beach, so, while all rooms have ocean views only 2 per floor are completely ocean facing). Our room was amazing with a spa on the balcony and the bathroom was surrounded in glass with great views. Perfectly appointed rooms. The only thing I would have expected was for wifi to be included given the room rate (although the executive/club floor has this for free so you can check emails at breakfast, which we did)
- "THE POOL" - WOW!! we have stayed at many 5 star resorts (and even the odd 6) around the world, but i have to say that the pool at Hilton Pattaya wins hands down in many respects, being: (1) view is amazing as its positioned on level 16 and given the hotel is in the middle of the bay, the breathtaking views are great. At sunset the sun sets behind the island and is a great place to enjoy a cocktail away from the hustle and bustle below. (2) the pool is the perfect depth (1.2m). Too many pools are so deep you cant cruise around them and relax with a drink in hand, (3) infinity pool, (4) cabanas are great and also perfectly situated so you can stay out of the midday sun but can enjoy the afternoon sun and sunsets (5) they have a button to press to get poolside service. The poolside service was amazing every time we went there (about 3 times a day). The staff by the pool we very attentive and didn't miss a thing, they should be credited for their service. I think a few other 5 star hotels around the world could learn a few things from these staff. 'Tana' was our host by the pool and did a fantastic job (plus her other staff).
- Roof top bar and restaurant (Infinity and Horizon from memory) - we had recently come from the Banyan Tree in Bangkok (3 nights also) and went to the roof top bar there (Moon Bar). Where Moon Bar was old, looked dangerous and didn't feel safe, Infinity Bar was amazing, felt really safe and the actual bar, cocktails, service were 10 times better (sorry Banyan Tree). Try the frozen margarita. We also met the general manager (Philippe) and director of operations (Gerard) who could not have been more accommodating if they tried. They ensured our trip was fantastic. In fact Gerard personally escorted us from the club lounge (after we finished our amazing canapés that are provided in the club package each night at sunset) to the roof top bar.
- Location - for shopping this is probably the best spot as well. There is a huge brand new shopping centre (Central) under the hotel which is like a Westfield (for those who know what they are like). My wife loved the shops as they are air-conditioned and she could walk back to the hotel lobby and drop bags off with the concierge. I loved it because they had a life size formula 1 simulator (Red Bull Racing) that i went on a few times. Also plenty of restaurants.
Next time we are in Pattaya, we will stay for longer.
Thanks to the team for an enjoyable and memorable stay, good job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique by design and centrally located, Hilton Pattaya rises 34 levels above CentralFestival Pattaya Beach, South East Asia's largest beachfront shopping complex, with spectacular views North and South over Pattaya Bay and the Gulf of Thailand. Styled with the property's beachfront location in mind, all Hilton Pattaya rooms and suites feature 180 degrees of unobstructed ocean views with private balconies. This unique position forms the core of Hilton Pattaya's design concept and philosophy. Panoramic views, high quality design and finishes, and impeccable service play an integral part of the experience that is on offer to both leisure and business travelers. From the moment you arrive you will know that a new standard for style and sophistication has been set. A unique combination of light, textures and finishes create an atmosphere of pure indulgence. Just 90 minutes from Bangkok Suvarnabumi Airport and with so much luxury to offer, the Hilton Pattaya is your new recreation and business destination of choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Pattaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pattaya Hotel Pattaya