“stunning hotel”

Ranked #16 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
London, United Kingdom
“stunning hotel”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stunning hotel with very good service,but not the warmth of a small hotel.The food was excellent and the lunch time buffet amazing.The rooms were pretty amazing to.We had 2 nights as we prefer small hotels but read up on this hotel and thought we would like to try it.The pool area is dissapointing and has little afternoon sun.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the guest room, food and the service provided by our Team Members made your stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. Also, we note your feedback on little sunshine at our infinity pool.

Philippe Kronberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to Drift bar for some desserts and drink and its cost about 500+ baht so i spent about hour there and then the servant came and ask " Do u want to order something else?" and i said no thank you and she came again and ask the same question which really pissed me off because i just took only hour there so I think she want us to leave even there is no more guest waiting for a table so I check the bill and she dont even "wai" to us (I'm Thai) and when I asked her where is the Edge restaurant she denied my question and talk to others servant ! Love this place but hate the servants!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank licylice
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory service experience during your F&B experience. Your added comments are well noted and have been shared with the Department Heads concerned for improvement.

With this in mind we once again thank you for your feedback and we most certainly do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as our valued guest in the future.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have been there from February 2 to February 5 2013. Upstanding hotel
Staff were all nice and helpful. we were at executive plus room 28th floor no noisy at all, wonderful outside bathtub. We only reported some minor problem on air conditioning (too noisy in the room and too high in the breakfast restaurant)
Breakfast was better at the club lounge and we also enjoyed the happy hour there
surely we will back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay.

We are delighted to read your comments and to note that you enjoyed the guest room, feature and services provided by our Team Members.

It has indeed been our privilege to serve you and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Pattaya.

With kind regards,

dublin,ireland
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel is so new and luxurious overlooking the sea...good restaurant at floor 34 , breathtaking views of the city....nice place to hang out in the evening..good mojitos and music....little bit on the expensive side but you pay for quality so...it totally worths it...inside is like you are transported into a different world....loved it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Horizon as the bar of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent experience at Hilton Pattaya, Thailand.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and in particular that Horizon ambience was able to contribute to your enjoyment. We hope to see you again soon

Kind Regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As I do every year, I came to Pattaya to get away from the cold winter in Europe. After having had a very bad experience with the reception staff from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, I wasn’t at the end of my troubles. I had stayed at Millenium Hilton New Work before. Hilton Pattaya was at the opposite of my expectations. I didn’t make any reservation because of the low occupancy which was a mistake from me. When I arrived at the reception I was truly shocked; the reception counter is huge but there wasn’t any reception staff at all! I sat down and waited for a few minutes. The hotel looked abandoned. I haven’t seen any customer or staff during my waiting time. I was surprised to see how cold and unwelcoming the lobby area was; did they only use plastic to build this hotel? When a receptionist finally showed up, he shouted to me “the buffet is on the 15th floor”! When he realized that I wanted to check-in, he called another receptionist because he couldn’t even speak English. A moment later, a lady showed up. When I repeated to her the same thing as I told to the previous receptionist, she started to panic. I then realized that she was a new staff and couldn’t use the computer system. I was so tired from a difficult time that I already had earlier but this was the cherry on the cake! The staff can’t speak English! They aren’t trained and have a terrible grooming. Finally a supervisor came to the front desk. I had to repeat for the 3rd time that I just wanted a room for two weeks. Before filling-in the registration form I wanted to see which room I was assigned. The reception staff escorted me to a room on the 28th floor. First, the staff had a lot of difficulties to open the door. Secondly, the room hadn’t been cleaned! The staff quickly closed it and apologized. He asked me to follow him to the lobby where I had to wait to get a new room. The second room was located on the 19th floor. When I entered, the first thing I noticed is the very bad smell of the room. I opened to get some fresh air, I was shocked by the noise (music and people screaming), and so I promptly closed back. I then opened the A/C and a cloud of dust came out of it. I asked the staff if I could have another room. The staff couldn’t answer to me or even call at the reception, instead of that I had to follow him back down to the lobby. While the receptionists were trying to find another room, which seemed like a tremendous challenge, I was getting hungry and was recommended to go to the buffet at “the edge” restaurant. When I asked for directions, one staff told me to go to floor 15. When I reached the lift another staff told me to go to floor 16. In order to access the restaurant, you need to take the lift first and then walk down stairs followed by a long corridor. Did they ever think about customers of a certain age who have difficulties to walk? The food selection was very poor and again there was nobody to welcome me. When I went back to the reception I was greeted by another receptionist who hadn’t been informed about my situation. I asked the receptionist to call a colleague or his supervisor. He told me that no one was available at this time. It was already late at the time, I guess that the previous shift had already left, leaving my case unresolved. Feeling like they forgot me, I finally lost patience and left the hotel very upset. I went to the second road and started walking along the road looking for any other hotel but Hilton! To conclude, I can say after this experience, as well as my past stay in this hotel chain, that it is not worth the money and I will never stay in any Hilton hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Sebastian W
Istanbul
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Hilton Pattaya. Hotel is located in the very centre of the town. First few floors is a shopping mall and in floor 7 starts the hotel. We were welcomed by friendly staff. As a diamond member of Hhonors, I was upgraded to executive floor.

Rooms are large and modern with a big bathroom. But especially pool is impressive. Hotel is nice but I do not think I will be back since Patteya does not deserve a second visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe K, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that our infinity pool was able to contribute to your enjoyment. We hope to see you again soon.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I will be blunt and to the point....
Pros: Great service, wonderful location, good breakfast. I can say that the Hilton is one of the nicest hotels in Central Pattaya, which is getting a reputation for it. Is it worth the price? yes I think it is
Cons: The main purpose I wanted to stay here was to relax and use the pool. The pool itself: infinity pool having one of the best views of the Pattaya bay, but I didnt care for the design where the pool is actually located due that people can actually enjoy the direct sunlight from a specific time frame. From 6am-10am and from 230pm-600pm and this is only HALF of the pool that gets the direct sunlight. Again I came here in February I dont know how it works for the rest of the seasons. I also believe that the water should be heated just a bit. It can get cold and windy
Briefly about other topics:
Rooms: very nice and clean. I stayed at the Deluxe Plus
Breakfast: great buffet selections
Drinks: Wine is extremely expensive here (per glass) just go outside and get a house wine
Noise level: I didnt find it noisy. I was on the 24th floor
FRIENDLY GUEST HOTEL?: they check ID(for your own satefy) and charge 800BHT, but no hassles, they kind and professional

Room Tip: Try to get up early to get a nice spot at the pool, no later than 8am...seriously!