“Quiet but a little run down”

Chateau Dale Resort
Ranked #250 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked an apartment with 2 twin beds to find upon arrival that they only have 1 bedroom apartments with a king bed and that if you want a 2nd bed use the Sofa Lounge. Room was clean and next door to a convenience store so easy to get supplies. We has to buy knives and glasses, and sponges and washing degergent to do the dishes as the apartment has nothing in it other than a couple of bowls and mugs.

Holes in the sheets, grey old towels, had to pay $15 deposit if you wanted to use a pool towel, no WiFi unless you sat in reception, and a lot of old men with very young boys and girls.

The cleaning staff were lovely but reception needs to learn some basic manners.
Pool area was nice and plenty of sun lounges, food quite nice by the pool though you wouldn't know unless you go searching for a menu.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sheryle D

Reviewed September 16, 2012

i booked this resort through my timeshare with club la costa and the RCI rep. On arrival we were taken to ouR room. I immediately was hit by the very strong smell of damp. We looked around this very basic suite consisting of a bedroom bathroom and sitting room with some kitchen cupboards fridge . I was taken aback by the state of the place on further examination the headboard on the bed was dirty brown stains on it. The sheets on the bed were very crisp and white which showed the headboard up even more. The walls had mould and the damp was creeping up them. I rang the reception and complained and they showed us a replica suite downstairs which was marginally better but still had the same smell. My husband and I went and looked for alternative accomodation. I rang RCI who could not do anything but made a note of the complaint. We booked out later that day. I could not have slept in the accomodation it was disgusting. However, the surroundings swimming pool, bar etc looked ok but I did not stay long enough to use facilities.
I am in the process of complaining to RCI who recommended this place. I strongly advise you not to go there it will spoil your holiday. I finally booked into the Fifth Jomtein which was lovely and clean.

Room Tip: I cannot comment as I booked out same day. Do not go until they have cleaned up there act and redeco...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Shirley1256
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband & I had booked an apartment for 1 week during our 4 week stay in Thailand. We were checked in quick enough, and from what we could see of the grounds and pool area thought we had hit gold - That soon chnaged. We were shown to our apartment in Tower 2 on the 5th floor. Once the door was opened we couldn't believe our eyes! First off it looked like someone had bought all the furniture at a garage sale. It was dated, dirty and undesirable. The sofa bed/liunge was broken and filthy. The bed was certainly more than 5 years old. The sheets were grey and stained. There was no duna, but a rattly old blanket and dirty bedspread and the bath towels supplied were threadbare. The kitchen was unclean, and where repairs were done in various areas, they never finished them off.
After a very uncomfortable night, my husband & I went to the manager and requested to change rooms. We were told no. They couldn't do that!! I would have understood if the resort was booked out, but there was hardly anyone there. We saw 2 families in 24 hours.
When I went back to our tower I saw that the lift was not broken and went to report it, but there was no one around at the front desk. Went back to the desk later, again waited for another 30 mins, but still no one showed. Eventually went back to our room.
We packed our bags and booked out the next evening. When asked why, we told the management about the standard of the room, the lack of helpfullness to change the situation and how we could not stay another night there. Management did not care and basically turned their back on us.
We are well sasoned travellers and have experienced many levels of accommodation, but this resort has taken the cake. RCI members beware !!! It is not a 4 star resort, more like a 2 star. Keep well clear!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Kate M
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My partner and I decided to spend three weeks in Pattaya in different resorts. The first week's hotel was excellent. Now in our second week we are at Chatteau Dale Resort and we we arrived about 1 hour early for check in. The place did not seem busy at all and it looked as if we were the only people at that point, but yet we were made to sit in the sun until exactly 2pm when they allowed us to get into our rooms. They also gave us a room that is far away from reception with no internet connection. I asked for a room closer to reception, but I was abruptly refused. The rooms are very unwelcoming. Our TV was not working either. There were no conditioner with the shampoo. I would not have complained if I knew that was the standard of service at a hotel of this nature, but as I know it is not, I was very disappointed. The staff at reception were not welcoming at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Muhsinh
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Chateau Dale is a large complex with a small clean pool. The restaurant was basic with American style breakfast available. The room was bare, except for the essentials, a sofa, table and chairs in the kitchen area and a bed that was comfortable. Parking is free, and cleanliness was average at best. I doubt that I would return to this place unless it was the only reservation I could get. Oh, transportation to get a bus or taxi is approximately 3 blocks away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are quieter and is sunnier
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank bigjohn0
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at a poolside Villa at Chateau Dale from 26 December to 2 January 2012. The villas are beautifully decorated and very spacious. Upstairs there is a double bed with high ceiling aircon and TV with a nice balcony and view over the pool area. A cute outdoor shower just adds to the resort feel. Downstairs is another double bed off the lounge-room with its own en-suite outside shower area. All very very nicely done in Thai-Bali style. The sofa and daybed in the downstairs living area could sleep a couple of children. Then there's a huge outdoor kitchen with private dining area. All this for 20K baht for 7 days - at Xmas too! $656 Australian, you would not get a campsite in australia at this time for that. Very nice pool area if you want to lounge lizard all day. A slight 5 minute walk to Thap Praya Road which is the main connecting road between Jomtien (Turn Left head to the Beach 5 minutes on baht bus) or Pattaya (Turn right for Pattaya Beach, shopping, shows, nightlife, bars, gogos, again 10 minutes on baht bus)

A perfect place for a family or when i am staying Pattaya with my mother and Daughter. If single, stay in downtown Pattaya.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside Villa, there are only 4 of these. We booked via Latestays.Com which had a villa av...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

the room is spacious. with a fully equipped kitchen that makes it easier for us to prepare a simple breakfast. though when we booked for this place we asked for a sea view and the room was described as having a thai decor, but it wasn't the case when we checked-in. though generally we don't have anything to complain about the room.

the pool was nice..there were only us and one other couple who were using it at that time, so we enjoyed the pool.

in as much as we liked the room, we noticed that the hotel people even those at the front desk dont give us full directions whenever we ask how to go to a specific place. we found ourselves asking other people at the streets and fellow tourists.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple