“my home away from california”
Review of Queen Victoria Inn

and 1 more site!
Queen Victoria Inn
Ranked #10 of 538 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Hayward, California
“my home away from california”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

hi i am calvin lucas i visits pattaya about every four months and each time i go i always stay at the queen the owner is a very social and has a very professional staff. my rooms are always very neat and clean and the service is second to none. the location is in the heart of the entrtainment district with less than three minutes to the beach. i recommend anyone that wants a very great deal and great acommodations to book at the queen it will be something that you will never forget to the staff and owners i thank you very much for my home away from home
calvin a. lucas of hayward ca.

Room Tip: book early and ask for a room on the second floor on soi 6
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank calvinfomcalifornia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

if you ever wanted to know what all the fuss was about soi 6 on you tube and for that matter any other of a dozen soi in the area get yourself a balcony room a few beers and see it in all unfolded its unashamed splendor .and join in with the street banter . do not be fooled by the price either the food is the best i have had anywhere without the frills or course , with some excellent street vendors outside selling the local street food this is definitely (in my opinion ) a lads place but come midnight the front doors are locked with security entrance around the back two hours after that everyone shut up shop and its as quiet as you like i would . maid service is till late evening so you can have a lie in to recover from the night before with a all day breakfast . yes i like this place 4 out of 5 i will be stopping again

Room Tip: pay the extra and get a balcony yes there is no lift but if you can not climb a few floors to your...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jit260
London
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I can never understand the gushing 5* reviews on TA. They are no more help than the nutters with a grudge who give 1*. These days I only read the 3* reviews to get a balanced opinion. This is average seaside boarding house accommodation in a secondary red light district. It is OK for the price (£17 without breakfast), but you get a 70's style tired-looking room over an English pub (lager, football, chips). Nothing wrong with that, but it is average at best. Dilapidated aircon was extremely noisy and pretty ineffective and the water was only ever lukewarm. This was in a supposedly de luxe room. Location is probably good for the sad-looking sex tourists, very sleazy and noisy for anybody else. Predictably there was a lot of annoying and furtive activity throughout the night. The staff are rather sullen, but you can understand them having a low opinion of the single, male and generally unattractive clientele. Importantly the "no charge to bring guests back" statement is not all it seems. I was told quite aggressively that it only applied to sex workers for an hour at a time - not to genuine visitors. When I invited a stranded young couple to sleep on my floor I was told to pay for another room, and when I politely pointed out the Visitor clause in my booking I was threatened with Security. "Security" did not look very intimidating, but I paid up rather than wasting time arguing. All very unprofessional and a pretty good reflection of the standard of hospitality. Any taxi driver will find you better modern accommodation in classier locations nearby for a similar price, with no need to book ahead. Not a great experience and even though one of the bar staff was rather pretty I wouldn't really recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Mr_Allsop
Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Airport transfer, reception, restaurant all flawless. overnight guest, No problem, good value for the money! If you don't crave attention you can leave the hotel out the back and the girls won't accost you as you walk down the street. Good food and drink at reasonable prices in the restaurant/bar

Room Tip: Get a balcony room, you can watch the action on the street!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
11 Thank HOW1E57
Bangkok
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am writing this review in regard to when I have gone to this place to eat in the restaurant and inquire about service at the tour desk near the front door. The restaurant has nice food and all the staff are very friendly by the front door and in the restaurant. ....HOWEVER , if you are not the type to want to be touched by ladyboys I would say to STAY AWAY from this soi. The soi is small in width and so many ladyboys wait around there to harass passers by. I suppose I can understand the "hello" and "where are you going" type talk etc. But today when I noticed the ladyboys coming over to me I politely said hello and again politely said dont touch me. Twice I said dont touch me but 1 ladyboy comes RUNNING over to grab me by the arm. I have scratches there from his fingernails digging into my skin. Each of the times I have gone to this place to eat or check the tour service , I get harassed by the ladyboys in the lane. Shame such a nice place is in a bad road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Martin D
Lokeren, Belgium
Reviewed August 5, 2013

You know what Soi six is like: atm/beer bar/beer bar/atm/bar/bar/ladyboy bar/girlie bar/girlie bar///

In the middle of all this still stands a very decent hotel: The Queen Vic....

Rooms are large and comfortable; my room had a balcony to see what was happening in the undecent street...
The groundfloor is an English pub; it reminded me of the Sherlock Holmes at Northumberlandstreet, London.
English breakfast is superior, but not cheap.
The best thing money can buy is a Stout-beer! OMG, exactly with 3 mm foam; not 3.5 mm!
Room are very modern also, with splendid beds...and a safety box... General security is high and when you arrive you will be given instructions...
But before you can make it to your bed, you have to climb 51 steep steps to the 3rd floor, and before you can wake up and have your English breakfast, you have to put plugs in your ears...mainly on Sat and Sunday there is heavy music. Lucky thing it stops at 1.30-2 am...
A good choice? Yes, sir, yes mylady...!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank 2jerome
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here for a total of 6 days in room 201.

I can not speak highly enough of this hotel. Room 201 is excellent value and is large with powerful AC, DVD player, and scalding hot water in demand. The basin has its own water heater as well. The beds and bedding are clean and changed daily,the beds and pillows are among the most comfortable thatI have had. Room 201 situated on the back of the hotel is silent. I experienced no issues with street noise and slept without disturbance, often until late in the afternoon :-) Its position also shelters it from the blazing sun and so the room stays cool and comfortable all day even with the AC shut down.

There is a good sized fridge and safe in the room and a good sized kettle to keep the coffees flowing after a night on the tiles.

The location is excellent opening onto both soi 6 and 6/1 After 12 the front door is locked and you enter the soi 6/1 entrance which is permanently guarded. You will hear lots of stories about dark soi 6/1 most particularly referingto the LB hanging around. Don't worry, i wandered up there at 0230 some mornings and had absolutley no trouble at all

The food was exemplary, everything I tried from the largemenu was without exception good. The portions were large, it was hot, fresh, homely and cooked just like proper pubfood should be. The service was meaured in minutes only and was fantastic.

The beer and drink selection was wide and the pub itself although right on soi 6 was a welcome back water from the madness that is soi 6.

During my stay I experienced some issues with a pair of girlthat I had brought backwhich escalated into a pretty ugly situation. The staff stepped up and took over and quickly sorted the issue out, they were professionalism personiffied. Then spending the rest of the eve looking after me while I nursed my injured pride.

All in all this is a great place but the extra little things that normally you put up with in other places are simply not isues in the QV which make this a fantastic place to stay, totall hassle free.

The staff seem to share the attention to detail that the owner/mamager shares and I felt more welcome and looked after than really anywhere else that I have stayed, anywhere.

AAAA++++ long may it continue, I know where I'm staying next year

Room Tip: I did not view the other rooms but 201 in which I stayed was amazing, I am certain however that any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo