“Just ok”

Ranked #88 of 514 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Noosa, Australia
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

The hotel is close to the main beach road, it's clean and presents well with a nice pool The food I found rather expensive but the quality was good. I found the rates a little high for what is around.
I had clothes washed and almost passed out at the price ($21au) for a small amount of clothes. When questioning the staff in thai about the cost they were not interested in talking about it? So I would say the service by one staff member could have been better. Some of the room condiments like toilet paper were not replaced daily even when asked.
Still you may find it to your liking?

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Jason M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
SOUTH YARRA VICTORIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I would first like to say I have travelled for over 20 years and stayed in 100s of hotels. I have run my own business for over 25 years i am a successfull businessman and know how to give customers service.
I have stayed at this small boutique hotel before, in SOI 13. so I Booked again for 3 nights late January 2012.
I Had a standard small room, number 6.
I Had a LOUD BANG ON THE EXTERNAL WALL EVERY 5 seconds. I asked for a room change. The owner came and did acknowledge The banging noise. Said it was a new pump from the water tower put in today. So he left me waiting one hour in my room. I was paying 1780thb per night which is not cheap. I expected him to come back to me. I then went to reception and asked what new room can I have.
Room 12 was the reply. So I checked it out and all was ok. BUT then came the KNOCK OUT BLOW. I had to leave the hotel the next morning. Why would I do that. I had a confirmed booking in writing by email to stay for 3 nights. The only answer I got was you have to go the next day. Then the owner came over to reception. A French man who was so rude and arrogant to me. " you have 5 minutes to get out or I call the police. So I packed and left in 3 minutes.
There are 100s of hotels in Pattaya so I was not concerned. Even though this was an awful expierence. The sad thing about this owners BAD ATTIDUTE IS I booked 6 rooms there for 6 people the week before I arrived. I will never refer people to this hotel again. The Hotel has very small standard rooms, + a rude owner and reception staff. No breakfast included. NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.
So I went back to my first hotel the PATTAYA BAY RESORT. 1400thb per night including breakfast and has a bigger room.
GOOD BYE FOREVER MA MASION.

• Stayed January 2012
15 Thank shaw57

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Sihanoukville, Cambodia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

The staff at the restaurant and bar, are belligerent and rude! It's overpriced and not worth the side street price. MUCH MUCH better value and staff - EVERYWHERE ELSE IN PATTAYA!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Big B
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I had a great time staying here the staff were wonderful and the food was excellent.
Nice clean rooms and free wifi.
Small but nice swimming pool.
The location is very nice close to tims bar and walking street.
I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Motorizer
Thai Charoen, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Beware flagstone on the entrance to rooms they wet them regularly that combined with trainers, disaster ---also any running repairs are not signposted so watch where u are walking . bar expensive no sport football in room only bar tv .====look around much cheaper nearby .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank joseph4949
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed there in May 2008. First when I called for the booking in the morning, I got confirmation but when arrived there the owner apologize as the receptionist did a bit of mess up. I got then an upgraded as no other standard room were available. The is swimming pool which is nice for cooling in the afternoon while the beach are over crowded. Excellent location, you can walk around for shopping and dining. Internet wi-fi free is really appreciated.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

Ma Maison is located in a narrow and quiet Soi in South Pattaya. Beach Road is nearby, shopping centers and Walking Street are a 10 min walk away.
Ma Maison has 36 rooms surrounding the pool and an opened restaurant. We got renovated standard rooms, which were well equiped and extremly clean. We used the restaurant several times, only Thai-Food, and we enjoyed it always. Everybody of the staff was very friendly and we felt like staying in a family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family