“Learn to dive”
Review of Dive South East Asia - CLOSED

Dive South East Asia
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive South East Asia is one of the longest standing members of the Pattaya dive community with over a decade in the industry and a team of friendly staff who live and breathe diving. We speak many languages and accomodate all divers and snorkelers of any experience level, from beginner all the way to PADI proffesional Dive South East Asia can take you there!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I wanted to dive for many years. However, I wanted to pick a very porfessional company. I found one in Dive South East Asia. The instructor was great. He was very careful to explain everthing and answered all questions. He made me will safe and confident that I learned on the proper skills. The boat was well mangaed, friendly and the food was great. I had a wonderfukl time and I am now a life long cerified diver becasue of Dive South East Asia.
Thank you, Dive South East Asia.

2  Thank MCM0314

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I decided to try the introductory first day of the 3 day diving course as I was only in Pattaya for a short time. The instructor Deejay is a nice friendly guy with plenty of experience. He teaches in a way that's easy to understand for everyone, and he makes sure everyone feels safe and comfortable before and during the dive. This was important for me, not just because this was my first time, but also because I'm not a great swimmer. If I had more time in Pattaya I might have done the whole 3 days.

I noticed all the negative reviews on here referred to a "grumpy russian". Deejay actually told us that guy's been fired, so there's no chance of you having the same bad experiences described in those reviews.

1  Thank ClementLee
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was diving in Thailand many times and these wore the guys that suprised me the most.
since the moment that i booked the trips with Thomas, i felt that i was going to have a good time. In realatiy, i had a GREAT TIME.
Its dificult some times in Thailand to have people that realy take care of the divers on the dive boat. This crew was completly the oposit. They wore competent, eficient, and they new what to do. i felt that they wore working as a team and that is not usual in thailand.
To make a point, before i i jump in to the water i was 3 times checked, diving guied, DJ, the other guied, Thomas, and by the capitan of the Boat. Lets just say that i felt safe and taken care of. The food was great and freshed cooked on board by the Capitan s wife.
the dives were very interesting, lots of life and the wreck and the turtule was an experiance that i will never forget. DJ and Thomas did a great job. if you what to start diving this place is perfect. DJ`s signe language every body understands and he makes you feel confident. I had the best diving experiance because not only of what i saw diving but also because this team is a real TEAM and that important when you go diving.

PS: Bear was only 30 bat at the dive center bar and that was GOOD :)

Thanks a lot!!!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went snorkeling with this group, and even though I was considered a "passenger" I was treated well. It wasn't their fault that the visibility was very bad, due to lots of silt and algae in the water at this time of year.

1  Thank Benton C
See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2012

A real shame to say but I had a dreadful experience with these guys, which makes me even more amazed to discover how many positive reviews they've received.

I went to Pattaya to complete my Advanced Open Water whilst in Thailand over Christmas. Generally speaking the dive sites in Pattaya are pretty poor, but my goal was to get my Advanced Open Water qualification. Prior to arriving I didn't know much about the details of this qualification and so hoped that someone would take the time to sit down with me and talk things through, but sadly that never happened. As time went on it became clear that they had achieved their objective of getting my money, and all that remained was to go through the motions and do the bare minimum required for me to achieve my qualification.

My dive instructor was a large Russian man with all the manners and grace of an orangutan. It seemed that he fell out of love with diving years ago and his sole purpose was to now ensure that everyone else joined him in his suffering. Communication was terrible, he hardly explained anything about the dives or what was required of me/us until he was confronted on it. He was constantly looking for ways to shout and get angry at people for their mistakes as oppose to helping them prevent or even learn from them. Despite his continual rage towards people for not taking the appropriate care (what he was really angry at was people wanting to have fun), more people were injured or put in harms way during my time with them than any other dive I had previously done.

I tried voicing my concerns at the end of the first day but rather than embracing criticism and reflecting on their performance they simply paid me lip-service and sited "company policy". At this point I knew that as far as they were concerned I would be gone the day after tomorrow and they would still have my money, all they needed to do was to make it through another day and this disgruntled customer would be a distant memory.

This attitude upsets me as these people seem to have no care for improving their service and no one to answer to if they offer a bad one. They clearly have a great shop location for catching tourist trade and when you're on holiday it's easy to be sold on this kind of activity, but my advice would be to AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! First time divers may have no barometer and so any experience is a good one, but having dived in many places across the world my advice would be to always dive with someone you feel is genuine - and in my opinion, these people are not!

7  Thank Jim C