“we enjoyed too much” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 511 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Phuket, Thailand
“we enjoyed too much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

me and my love find a calm and nice resort near big Buddah ,happy staffs and polite house keepers with two young Persian manager, nice and private swimming pool,clean rooms and ultra safe garden ,all of them with good resonable price .we never forget the place and we.ll come back again and again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank youngtraveller1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I tried to fix the unclean soiled sheets with the owner and manageress and was forced to buy and clean my own sheets.
I emailed beforehand ,my sheet concern.
Having booked and paid for the whole month it then took me a couple of days to get back my sheets, cleaning charge paid.Coincidently i noticed staff replacing a mattress in another room.
I then tried to make up my bed and found that the mattress was smeared in faeces and soaked in blood!
I got upset and immediately moved out , returning in the evening to complain yet again.
I was laughed at ,refused any room change refund or replacement mattress by the manageress who had returned and the owner.

Room Tip: Buy your own bed.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Geri91
Bonkairesortpattaya, Manager at Bonkai Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Dear sir
some problem like this can solve easily.
however we change bed sheets every day but if some body make it deep dirty we will charge him same price we buy new one.
so we hope ,you come back again and we make good memories for you.
Regards
Manager
milano
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

Hello everyone,
I wanted to tell the misfortune of 'Last Holiday in Pattaya.
There are many years (1990 my first time) that I go with friends in Thailand for holidays (about two times every year) and we have changed different Hotels / Resorts / Apartments and never have problem.
This summer we went to Soi Bonkai Bonkai Resort in Pattaya,
Resort very nice and not expensive, but where there 'happened to everything.
I do not like big hotels, but I prefer those little ones where you can also rent a room weekly or monthly basis, but I love the cleanliness and comfort, and then I pay the daily rate in order to have the cleaning room every day and the electricity and water included.
Nevertheless we have found that the cleaning was virtually non-existent, many day not have towels and no toilet paper. In the night time you must to keep the key in your pocket because at midnight the reception close.
But the astonishing fact is that one day we discovered that the safety box was empty (we found them closed and intact, so ... ... ..). We went to the police to file a complaint and we want to speak with the boss.
The owner is an Israeli man and never come to speak with us, but through the manager has made known us that we would have a little discont for our next holiday and not more....... incredible.
Attention: inside Bonkai Resort exist the restaurant MOMENTO (french owner) but it is a place very different, friendly staff very good cusine and good price.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank manop144Milano
Dear customers
Please pay attention ,when you come in Pattaya , The lady boys are dangerous people.
when you drink a lot and you bring every stranger to your room without register in security office, tomorrow you should except to loose your money.
any way we,re sorry about this bad happens.
we hope we meet you again and clean this bad memory at your mind.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

After reading the previous reviews my partner and I booked a stay here. I was hoping for luxurious,comfort and quiet style living described in their brochure - it was anything but that. The location is in an undeveloped part of Pattaya and is very much off the beaten track. The favoured mode of public transport - bhat bus is not an option here but there are motorbikes for hire AYOR!. The hotel courtesy tuk tuk cannot be depended on 24/7.
Everyday during our stay, there were a dozen or so 18s to 30s something shouting in and around the pool and this sometimes continues into the night. The French owners seemed oblivious to this. Our ground floor room was dark, far from luxurious and at best budget. The small TV has seen better days. The "Momento" poolside restaurant is in fact a snack bar and was very disappointing. There are plenty of good restaurants and indeed very respectable apartments in less than 10 minutes walk away in the Tuk Com neighbourhood. We were glad to move out!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple