“Close to the town but away from the crowds”

Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
Ranked #24 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Ho Chi Minh
“Close to the town but away from the crowds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Although I had last visited Pattaya in 2003, I knew well about the city. This time I was looking for a few nights away without wasting too much time travelling and a hotel to come back from the buzzing town for some R&R. We chose to stay at the Pullman because the location was just a kilometer or two from the town so we could escape the crowds, noise and public beach. The hotel provides an hourly shuttle to the end of the shopping strip where you can then hop on a public shuttle. The hotel's private beach was definitely a plus point, much cleaner sea and sand away from the town. The Beach Club is a nice place to enjoy lunch overlooking the sea. We'd happily stay again if we came back. Concierge were a bit confused with recommending options back to Bangkok airport though since we didn't want to take their car.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear valued guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed our Beach Club restaurant, city shuttle services as well as our ultimate location and direct beach access.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we surely look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bombay. India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Usually this hotel is my first choice in pattaya due to it's location right on the beach in North Pattaya and much away from noisy central and south pattaya.
Rooms are pretty nice and the view of the ocean is sufficiently good to enjoy the balcony.
Restaurant is pretty decent serving nice breakfast and decent lunch/dinner menu.
There is a nice swimming pool, small beachside bar and club lounge.

I have stayed quite a few times in this hotel. Check in in day hours is pretty comfortable but check in in late night hours is a nightmare on my last 2 visits while I checked in at late hours. The night staff and the duty manager doesn't know what is the terrif and offers the hotel has posted on various websites. On my last stay I had booked for a club room but the night manager tried to allot an ordinary room and corrected it later on reminding. Then he refused to offer club room related facilities, club lounge access and breakfast. This resulted in my missing the breakfast and lounge access until the afternoon of the second day.
The day front office manager corrected it on reminding and she duly compensated me with free laundry and lunch and even personally supervised my rest of the stay in the hotel. She truly made me feel very nice but then nobody likes facing unwarranted problems while checking in after a tiring Flite or drive from Bangkok.

Pullman pattaya is the hotel of number one choice for me in pattaya and I would love to stay on all my visits.
But do I need to ensure checking in during day hours?
I hope that's not the case in the future, therefore I wish the management has better communication with the staff in the night shift and train them well to be polite and considerate. While thanking Miss Ked the front office manager, I would request her to take necessary steps to ensure comfortable check in for guests in the night hours.

Though, I avoided staying in here during last few visits but I would love to be back to this hotel soon.

Room Tip: Avoid club rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear valued guest,

First, we would like to thank you for your positive comments about our Fitness equipment and we also appreciate your lovely comments about its staff who are delighted to hear that.

Let me convey our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us because it assist us in keeping up our high standards and therefore we really appreciate your comments. Please be informed also that we have reported your issue to our Executive Chef regarding your comments about the breakfast.

We are very surprised that you weren't satisfied with our Lanai rooms. These rooms are very well reputed since they keep this Thai Authentic design and receive mostly positive feedback for their coziness and comfort and their direct access to the swimming pools.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcome you back at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Hotel grounds and building are ok. View is pretty good. Renovation is a bit on the rough side. Standard of finishes 3 star. Pretty basic and plain. I booked a king bed. I got two singles pushed together. Not even zip together beds. Bed linen was single bed linen over lapped. The bed were cheap mattresses on a timber base. Sure did not make for a good night sleep.

Service was in general pathetic.

In the club lounge they did not know what dry ginger ale is.

Was an executive club room but no turn down service.
When I asked about turn down service they did not know
I asked for 2 bath towels this took three goes bringing shower and bath gel. And hand towels first.

The Pullman quite clearly does not want english speaking guests

The staff do not understand english.

Had one become aggressive and rude.

Certainly will not be returning to an Accor brand hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you have taken the time to give us your feedback.

Firstly let me convey our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us because it assist us in keeping up our high standards and therefore we really appreciate your comments.

In reference to your comment regarding our beds and mattresses, kindly please be informed that our newly renovated G Executive Club room received the most positive feedbacks and the sleeping quality of our Pullman bed meets all necessary requirements.

Also I was quite surprise to read you found our staff couldn’t speak English. Though our staff does speak good English. As an international hotel brand, the Pullman aim to train our local employees to speak English. We also have Filipinos trainees on the field for us to provide the best service to all of our English speaking valued guests. Besides English language, we also do provide fluent French, Russian and Chinese.

Nonetheless, we are all disappointed to read your review especially when alongside it there are some great comments and experiences that other guests have enjoyed.

Please do visit us again as we strongly believe we can replace these experiences with happier memories.

With kind regards,
Munich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Forgot to bring laptop on taxi, was extremely shorted, however, concierge staff was really helpful. Definately, will come back this hotel, again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. We really appreciate your compliments and your kind words give all of us inspiration to continually provide superior service.

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Our team enjoyed taking care of you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G on your next visit to Pattaya.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Breakfast spread is not impressive and ingredients used aren't the best. The room is nice and big. Clean and simplistic design. Not many international cable channels to watch. Direct beach access. Away from the noisy and sleezy Pattaya. Peace and quiet but still have the convenience. Love it. Hope to come back again.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear valued guest,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts about us on TripAdvisor to other travelers.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed our spacious, clean and well designed rooms as well as our ultimate location and direct beach access.
Therefore, I was thrilled to learn that our breakfast variety and international TV channel choices did not meet your expectations.
Please rest assure that I have discussed your comments with the concerned department.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return.

Best wishes,
Stevns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

A true 5-star, this perfectly located, outstandingly serviced hotel is a gem,the check in is fantastic, the service is great, the room is beautiful and spacious, and the location is perfect.

“The staff made the difference!!”

Not only do restaurant manager Mr.Hok need to be able to motivate staff, but he also need to be able to keep a cool, professional demeanor during the job’s most stressful moments. The combination of a high pressure environment mixed with the need to maintain a high standard of excellence means that a unique and specific individual is required to excel in such a position,restaurant manager Mr.Hok got it all.

Best Regards

Christina and Henrik Frandsen.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Henrik F
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write these beautiful words and comments about your latest stay at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed our perfect location, outstanding services and our beautiful and spacious rooms. I sincerely appreciate you complimenting the professionalism of our team, particularly Khun. Hok, our F&B manager. We are most delighted that we are able to continually exceed your expectations.

I will pass on these positive comments to the team. As an Pullan Hotel, we strive to offer the most outstanding service.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G for your next visit to Pattaya!

Best wishes,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I have stayed here twice now. We received upgrades as returning customers but it did take a week and others to point that was returning customers. The staff and service is second to none amazing spa.good value to. Food in restaurant is beautiful love themed nights and afternoon menue is my favourite. Food is also good value. Breakfast is amazing.and I loved the invitation to have free canapés and cocktails with the manager.the free shuttle bus service is a plus as you are out the way a little an added plus for relaxing holidayers though. Rooms are spotless cleaned daily fresh bedding and towels each day. I received fruit basket each week and a birthday cake card and juice from staff.this place has a special place in our hearts. And will be returning soon.

• Stayed June 2013
Quality Manager G, Quality Manager at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing these kind words relating your previous stay at the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest.

We are delighted to read your comments and to note that you enjoyed our Spa facilities, food and beverages along with our daily different promotions, room cleanliness and of course our services provided by our team members. We greatly appreciate your comments and want you to know how much we appreciate your visit here, and how much we value you as our Loyal guest.

It has indeed been our privilege to have you staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.