“3.5 star service. Couldnt expect more than that.”

Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
Ranked #17 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I usually read reviews of places before I choose. i read positive and negative reviews of this hotel. there are a few negative reviews of this hotel so i decided to give it a try. unfortunately I experienced all the negative reviews said.
The first impression, you couldnt expect any staff to look after you first you got to the front door. I was carrying my bags and walking to the check-in counter, staff walked pass me and opened the front door to get inside i expected she would hold the door for me but NO she just walked into the building and back to her filipino service counter. so i had to push the door with my back.
I booked 2 rooms but only one room was ready and it was 14:30 hrs.when I checked in. Front staff said i had to wait for an hour so the room would be ready.
I walked into the room i found it looked very tired, unclean and dirty,in the room in many areas the wall didnt paint nicely.there were several stains and scatches on the couch, table, bed. There was the mould in he bathroom. it Very Poor cleaning standard. I couldnt even say it's 4 star hotel.

At the restaurant, I went for my breakfast around 9 am it wasnt crowded . i didnt have breakfast included when i booked the room. I asked the host how much for the breakfast each but he pointed down to another staff and said "I dont know" " go and ask that guy he is a supervisor" what????? you at the front of the restaurant but you cant even tell me how much your product! instead of pointing me to someone else you should have found out for me! the buffer not many choices. Hard to get just a cup of coffee in this non-busy restaurant. I had unset table. I asked a waitress for a cup of coffee 3 times in 15 minutes finally i had to walk to staff working station to get a cup and pour my coffee a staff looked at me while i was helping myself with coffee NO offerring help from her she looked at me with upset face.

During my stay I hardly see smiles on any staff face. Management must bring back and review Standard of Service to your staff and update hotel information to your staff. You 'd better take the pictures of the hotel off your website cos it far from the true!

Room Tip: If you always stay in 4 star more hotel, Here is not you choice.
1  Thank JJ L
world2wide, Quality Department at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

Please accepts our sincere apologies for the service shortfalls you experienced during your stay with us. They are certainly not indicative of the standards we aspire to offer all our guests and we will take your comments on board in our efforts to continuously improve our products & services.

Truthfully we don't quite agree with some of your negative comments concerning our daily breakfast and friendless of the staff. We are proud of our contemporary buffet breakfast which typically receives praise and level of service which our well trained staffs provides on daily bases. In addition our hotel staff in mix of different nationalities and many years of delivering excellent service to our guests is very much aware of importance of smiles. Nevertheless your expectations and comments are well received and taken most seriously.

Once again, our apologies for the less than perfect service. We do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future to regain your confidence in our hotel.

If I can personally be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly; dmitry@pullmanpattayahotelg.com Dmitry Chernyshev

With regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went to this hotel with 5 friends after getting a superb rate through Thomas Cook. We stayed for 20 nights (10 free nights 10 paid), received complimentary breakfast and a free buffet dinner. The hotel was spotless, the food tasty and plentiful and staff courteous.

The restaurant at breakfast was very busy, but always enough food, regularly replenished. The pool lovely - one word of warning some guests 'hog' sun beds then go out on the beach leaving their towels/possessions to keep the pool beds.

One downside would have to be the lift situation - not enough capacity at times, compounded by rude guests who feel it is their right to push past queuing guests to enter the lifts first or trying to enter lifts before others had left them.

It is a short tuk tuk ride to the main attractions/ beach road, but to us that was a bonus. Peace and quiet when we wanted it.

All in all for the money we paid we had a terrific bargain at a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were veyr impressed from the first minute entering the hotel because all staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is very comfortable with nice sea view. It is a pity that we had only one night stay but will definitely be back here.

A TripAdvisor Member
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Many things could be greatly improved in this hotel.
There are many structural mistakes in the design of the hotel, first two lifts only for such an amount of rooms, second they have filled all the space with more buildings: spa, convention centre, restaurant, anex building. There is hardly enough room for anything.
Third the design of the rooms, personally i dont like to see the bathroom from the room through a cristal, but in this hotel, there is not even the crystal so you can expect noise and smell to be part of the sleeping environment.
My bed made a lot of noise at any small movement, i had to tell 3 times this to reception and finally somebody appeared at the time my kid was ready to sleep. They solve the problem and they left the carpet dirty.
But my worst issue is in the restaurant. Is this a family hotel? if it is and you have kids, in order to eat you have to chose between a freezing inside or a full of smokers outside. No one good for kids. At the very least they could divide the open space for smokers and not smokers. And also take care of the dirtiness that smokers leave around in swimming pool or in the (already very dirty) beach area.
The place is far away from the city centre. In the evening you can expect to be ripped off by taxis.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
world2wide, Quality Department at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time sharing your experience at Pullman Pattaya Hotel G.

Please be assured that we have already addressed the issues raised. Your feedback helps us to improve our products and services to provide our guest with utmost satisfaction. We appreciate for bringing these issues to our attention and also giving us the opportunity to enhance.

I do hope that your travel plans will bring you back to our hotel again soon and we will have an opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel.

With kind regards

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My Husband and myself spent our honeymoon there and went back this august to celebrate our 5th anniversary, and my husbands birthday. I can't say enough as to the wonderful holiday we spent there. To cut it short I give 100% all round, you couldn't get more attentive and polite staff and a big thank you to the Manager Dmitry Chernyshev for the lovely surprise of Champagne and lovely cake he sent to our room for our Anniversary and my husbands birthday. On our next visit to Pattaya we will be for sure staying at the Pullman

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

this hotel is very recommended for family vacations (have kids club, pool, private beach), for honeymoon couple, for pleasure :). high value for money :). Very quick check infor accor hotel member, very quick check out :) because we (accor member) have private receptionist for check in, with very good welcome drink, of course......bravo

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the years and and have never considered other locations as I have always enjoyed my visits. I am a Bangkok based businessman and just have to escape occasionally to the beach. This hotel has always had a very welcoming (but not over-the-top) attitude.They have recently built a bar on the beach that plays soft music and enjoys a Happy Hour that is extremely attractive price-wise. My scene, and I like the food here too.
I travel by myself when on business, or with my family if we can manage a weekend escape. My son loves the Pool villas as he can jump straight into his own swimming pool right at his doorstep!
In the old days it was difficult to get to Pattaya, but now they have a shuttle bue going there.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea or the private villas are good for family visits, though if I am passing throug...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family