“Great Meal ... A Hidden Gem in Pattaya”

Royal Grill Room & Wine Cellar
Ranked #54 of 957 Restaurants in Pattaya
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Udon Thani, Thailand
“Great Meal ... A Hidden Gem in Pattaya”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I am a fan of the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, and have stayed in this hotel every time I take my family to Pattaya. During our latest visit we tried the Royal Grill Room & WIne Cellar, we really surprised ... Great Food, Great Service and Great Ambiance

Every thing was just beyond our expectation. Our party of four was very impressed!

I would recommend this place to all my close friend who knows how to enjoy good classic food

I would highly recommend anyone who enjoys great steak to this Grill Room.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
“Excellent, great food, great wine!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited the Grill Room & Wine Cellar with my family and was very impressed. I will start the review with the only criticism that I have. The place is a real high class restaurant and for me the atmosphere is a little pretentious. It has nothing to do with the staff, its more to do with the decor and the pianist playing in the background. The decor is nice just not my style. I prefer a place which feels a little more laid back rather than back straight and keep your elbows of the table.
Thats the rant out of the way so time to review the good bits.
The service here is excellent, there were six of us at the table and we were never waiting for our glasses to be topped up. The staff were very attentative without being over bearing.
The decor is nice (although not to my taste) and the wine cellar is a really nice centre piece for the restaurant.
The wine list here is extensive, the wines start from around 1200baht to well over 100,000baht. We opted for 3 bottles, all red and and a caraf of white. All of the wines were beautiful.
On to the food, I ordered the snail starter and my missus ordered the fois gras. The portions were very generous and very tasty. My Fiance actually went as far to say that its a competition between The Grill Room and RR&B in Bangkok for the best fois gras in Thailand.
Following on from this we went for the steaks which were cut to size and weighed at the table. You can actually choose how big / small / thick that you want it. They were served with a selection of sauces and vegetables. Once again, they were all cooked perfectly.
All in all it was a fantastic and the bill came in at just over 13000 baht for 6 people which I dont think is bad at all considering. I would definitely visit again and highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2012
Merritt Island, Florida
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We've been visiting Royal Grill Room and Wine Cellar for the past 6 years for special celebrations and so far we have had a wonderful experience every time. Our last visit was on August 1st again to celebrate a special occasion.

Top notch service with a genuine smile in a very elegant setting where they make you feel very special. Unlike other fine dining places in town where the seating arrangement is close to each other where you can hear the conversation from the table next to you - The Royal Grill Room give you enough space and privacy.

A wonderful selection of starters, appetizers, soup and salads. For mains my partner opted for the Sirloin steak flambe prepared before your eyes - what a tender melt in your mouth piece of meat (according to my partner). I chose a 5 course set menu which was not only good, but good value as well.

We love this place and have decided to come back more often and not just for special occasions.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Asianesque
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Best meal anywhere in the world”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I can honestly say I have never had such a wonderful meal anywhere in the world. My husband and I have travelled a lot with our children and this restaurant comes 1st each time. Please do not go to Pattaya without giving it a try, you will not be disappointed.
This is not the first time we have eaten here, we have been eating at this restaurant for over 8 years.

• Visited June 2012
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise dinner for my 70th birthday”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Friday June 1st my family took me to dinner at the Royal Grill Room & Wine Cellar for a surprise as it was my 70th birthday. We started in the Wine Cavern with sparkling white wine and appetizer, the food and wine was perfect, then we moved to the Wine Cellar were a table was arranged for dinner. White wine was served with the lobster and seared tuna again outstanding and then with the duck and rack of lamb a red wine the desert was souffle and vanilla sauce and desert wine. Please note that all the wines we had were house wines which was a surprise as the taste perfectly complemented the wonderful meal.
This meal was one of the best meals I have been served and quality of the food and the service was 1st class. I enjoyed the atmosphere of a semi private space with the advantages of the soft music. The chief came and spoke to us about the meal and we were able to express our delight in the meal we had been served. I will be back to sample more of the excellent food and service on my next visit to Thailand later this year.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys great food.

• Visited June 2012