“Location, location.”

Baywalk Residence Pattaya
Ranked #15 of 565 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Great location, staff friendly especially breakfast people. Rooms need updating and pool was very warm due to not being run during the day. Undergoing renovations and will be better when completed. Airconditioning was noisy and wifi so,so. Three star at the most but hey, how long do you spend in your room. Get out and about, so location, location was excellent.

Room Tip: Away from the aircon. unit located on the roof.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Les J
There are newer reviews for Baywalk Residence Pattaya

Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. When I checked-in, the staff was very rude because I booked the room for 8 but checked-in with 9 people, I know that will charge for the extra person but the way the spoke to us is so rude and the way the staff behave is very rude. Not only the receptionist, as well as the bell boy. Second of all, I had hired a personal tour guide, they don't even let my tour guide in... What kind of HOTEL or SERVICE APARTMENT do that. Breakfast is bad... not good at all ( I dont expect a 5 star treatment but I think I deserve a decent breakfast). Room is okay. Entire Hotel is okay. But THE STAFF IS VERY SUPERB RUDE. This entirely spoil our holiday......

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.... There's plenty of hotel in Pattaya. Either one is much more better...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jozero92
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

There is nothing much to write about this place. The reception is nice and modern but the rooms are shabbier than they look in the pictures. We had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking an alley and you can hear the noise from outside at night, faint yet disturbing. No complaint with service as such, check in and check out were smooth. Pool on the 7th floor is average sized but has a great view of the beach. Location is great - walking street and mike's shopping mall are all within 10 minutes walking distance. The hotel does not have a 24hr restaurant, it only serves breakfast.

Couple of things to be noted though-
1. I have stayed at numerous hotels and the moment a hotel asks me for payment upfront (that too for the entire stay) it makes me feel like a cheat. Anyway, be prepared to shell out the entire amount plus a 500 baht security deposit.

2. The hotel could at least scan the people coming in and out (not the guests). When we went to the pool there were 2 more couples there and it was pretty clear that the girls were 'picked up'

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Recent 4 night stay at the Baywalk Residence was acceptable for the price on offer. Its an older style hotel across the road from the beach, but what I have noticed in Pattaya most of the hotels at the southern end of Pattaya are older. Reception were very helpful. My room allocated on the 5th floor was at the end of the building overlooking a court with local sellers and a restaurant. The rooftop pool looked good on the 7th floor however I didn't venture there. Now for the breakfasts. Hmmm. Not much to say about this other than the coffee was nice and it was hot. The food aspect of the free breakfast left a lot to be desired. Luke cold bay marie style, pre prepared eggs with crispy bottoms and rubbery texture. Not for me. The free wifi offered by the hotel !!!!! Free because its non existant. On the 3rd day there I had to be hooked up to the lan cable that stretched from 1 side of the room to the other. To the hotels credit they did try hard for me, but if you offer free wifi, give free wifi that works. The rooms are tired and in need of a make over. Furnishings in the room were acceptable. However my room over the courtyard offered free duff duff music ever evening until after mid night. Thank gawd for ear plugs.

It's hard to find a good cheap hotel in Pattaya, that has free wifi and doesn't charge like a wounded bull. Would I stay there again. It would be considered as a last resort with a better positioned room. I rate this hotel 5 out of 10.

Room Tip: Think I'd choose a room that's not over the court yard (southern side of the building)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The service of this hotel is horrible,the staff don't speak English so you can't ask them anything. Before our trip I had to sent like 5 messages before someone answered me and the answer were rude. Breakfast is really bad, food is cold and there is nothing to choose from. Basically this hotel is average, if you like to spend much time at the hotel dont choose this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jenni r
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My stay at the Baywalk was good. It is located right smack in the middle of everything. Transportation was good. The staff good. the breakfast was good for the price. The room was clean. Partying fun.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Located 10 minute walk from walking street and just of beach road.
I really like this hotel a lot it's a bit different to other hotels I have stayed at, walk into the foyer and it's just like any other hotel and the staff were very nice and courteous, it is not a hotel that is enclosed it has a balcony that goes right around and I liked it a lot it was different, my room was at yeh back of the hotel and music is quite loud so would not be good for a young family at that end of the hotel, my room was large and clean and well maintained daily. Going out plenty of food areas around or a relaxing massage or going for a drink or just going for a swim at the beach,
Breakfast was very nice also overlooking the beach.
There is a pool on the roof top which was ok but make sure you go to reception and get a towel from there and sign for it before you go to the pool.
The price was reasonable I would defiantly go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends