“CASUAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL APPROACH”

Baywalk Residence Pattaya
Ranked #16 of 585 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here on 1st Oct 2013, and were very disappointed with the casual approach the staff have towards their guests. We had requested for a late check-out (1.30pm instead of 12.00pm, as our flight was at 2.00pm) while booking the hotel through Agoda. This of course, subject to availability of rooms. The hotel had an average occupancy with this being an off-season time for Pattaya. However, the front desk refused to let us check out late, saying that this was not their policy and that Agoda had not informed them.
We had booked our taxi to the airport with the hotel for 2.00pm. We asked them to prepone this to 1.30pm. However, when the taxi did not arrive till 2.00pm, we requested them to check, which they refused to do-till we stood at the front desk to ensure that they would. Much to our horror, on the highway to the airport, the taxi driver kept falling off to sleep on the wheel! We had to yell to wake him up a few times, and asked him to stop on the side and wash his face. He repeatedly grunted a refusal.

Tourists book a hotel expecting to see the best of the country during their stay. The hotel staff and it's associates are, in fact, ambassadors of their country - they are the faces we interact with everyday during our stay. The staff at Baywalk Residences, are a shameful blot on the legendary Thai hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2013

value for money... not a luxurious place.... no room service... breakfast is also not that great... only advantage is that it is close to walking street, the night club area... staff is courteous, very noisy as it is just on the main beach road... but for people looking for value for money and budget accommodation this is an OK kind of place

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is near the entrance of the walking street.Reception staff was friendly They charged my credit card twice when they were supposed to preauthorize,one week before my arrival.It was cancelled though but a hassle nonetheless.Tell them to charge it, if you are sure of dates.We booked a deluxe room.The sitting area was larger and the bed area rather small and cramped.We were on the 4 th floor but there is a possibility of disturbance on the lower floors and towards the back of the hotel.Good for the price.Breakfast not bad but almost everything contained pork so our options were limited.The view of the bay during breakfast was excellent.Doors did not have electronic locks.Would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Neurologist1075
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good Place with decent Rooms and Amenities , near to walking street. This place is a little expensive though. You don't have discounts or offers since its almost packed all the time. The property is good with decent rooms and pool at the 7th floor. The food is good as well. If you don't bother to spend you could stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well then how to say, apart the ideal location, the hotel is baywalk disreputable. First I had a smoking room when I requested non-smoking. I was surprised to be charged 2 times on my credit card, it is arranged, but no commercial gesture to correct the big mistake. Breakfast not included. Horrible View unless you double the price of the room.
A positive point : The staff at the reception nice, but can not do anything of course!
Oh I forgot, for the pool must first go to the reception get a towel for the fitness center must also go through the reception, a highly supervised release.

Room Tip: Do not go, there is others hotels in Pattaya
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for the second time last month for a couple days. The location is great, right next door to Royal Garden Plaza, across from the beach and not far from Walking St and the pier.

Despite having paid for the whole stay in full in advance, we were still asked for a 500TBH deposit on arrival. We had booked a double room being a couple and ended up witha twin. The rooms were nice enough but I think you could find better value if you looked around.

Customer service could have been better...

There was nothing particuarly wrong with this place but there was nothing great about it either. Meh... I did note that the room I stayed in last year was significantly nicer than the room this time around so not sure what's going on there...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

So, where to start. I stayed here for about 8 days at the beginning of August.

Pros-
-Great view from the 5th floor outdoor lounge.
-I thought the breakfast was adequate and I had no issues with the ticket system like some of the other reviewers on here (I guess I'm just not stupid enough to have a problem with this).
-Staff was friendly, and quick to help, grasp of English was fine, check-in was quick and painless except for the "deposit" (see neutral comment).
-Good location, close to the beach, walking street, and it's a very short walk to second road if you want to go to North or Central Pattaya.

Neutral-
-The 1,000 Baht deposit upon check-in still confuses me. Why not place the hold against my card when I pay the balance on check-in (like Marriot and many other hotels do). Fortunately I had the cash with me when I got there, but it was a bit of a surprise and it seems cumbersome to have to do a second credit card transaction just to get it refunded upon check out if you don't have cash with you.
-Room condition and set up was fine, no major issues. Thai beds are much "firmer" than western beds, so that wasn't a problem.

Cons-
-The swimming pool was closed the entire time...why would that matter? Obviously you've never tried to relax on Pattaya beach. They at least finally opened up the roof deck with about 2 days left in my stay.
-Wi-Fi was spotty and often down. You'd get good signal, but you couldn't connect to the internet. I'd have put this as a pro due to signal strength and speed when it was working, but you had a 50/50 chance of being able to connect.
-No robes or washcloths in the room...the lack thereof seemed a bit strange to me.
-Hot water (or lack thereof) was abysmal.
-The Africano bar right next door (North of the hotel). I cannot complain about how loud their music was enough. During the day (starting in the mid-afternoon) it wasn't really an issue because I was rarely around. But for one or two nights during what I guess was the end of ramadan they played the most god awful, dying cat, wailing arab music I have ever heard...and it was on repeat. I almost went out and got drunk just so I didn't have to hear it.
-There was no sheet on top of the bed, just the comforter. This led to either having the air-con on the meat locker setting so I could sleep under the covers, or sleeping on top of everything so I could turn the air-con to a more realistic setting. I hate sleeping without some sort of sheet covering me, so this was a big issue.

For the money, it wasn't terrible, but I payed less and had a better experience at the Aya hotel across the street. My biggest knock on the Aya was the freezing cold pool that was weirdly situated under the roof on the 2nd floor. That was why I figured I'd give the Baywalk a shot. It was all of the little things that you take for granted that wound up leading to this review. If there weren't so many hotels in Pattaya, I might go back here, but I think I'll take my chances with another hotel the next time I'm in Pattaya.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends