Baywalk Residence Pattaya
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsbeach roadwalking streetrooftop poolroyal garden plazasuperb locationrooms are hugedecent hotelrestaurants and barsstaff at receptionshopping malldefinitely stay here againstayed nightsnouveaukeyactioncleanerssoi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayd here two weeks with my friend in September-October 2012 and enjoyed my time a lot.

First of all. The location. It is the best located hotel what I can possible imagine. With normal walking speed 2,5 minutes from Walking Street, 0,5 minute to beach and Beachroad, 0,5 minute to Royal Garden Plaza shopping center, 1 minute to 2nd Road. Plenty of restaurants and bars around. So if you like to party like crazy at night in Walking Street but still want some distance from that place during daytime and see life at the Beach Road this is the place for you.

Hotel itselves is quite big but I hardly never saw any other customers and there were absolutely no noise problems or loud room neighbours or anything that could spoil the peace. There is a nice outdoor viewpoint deck on the 5th floor with seats and tables where you can sit and take a sip from your beer and take a look over Pattaya bay and Beach Road and have some sun. There is a bar also in viewpoint deck but it wasn't open in September but I assume that during high season they will open the bar as well.

On the 7th floor you find just renovated swimming pool area (renovation was finished during our stay) with around 10-15 sunbeds which is quite a lot comparing the minimal amount of guests spending time on the pool area (normally maybe 1-3 besides us). Pool was really nice and overall look of the swimming pool area was pleasant and cozy. And no need to mention if the view to Pattay Bay was good in viewpoint deck in 5th floor it is even better in 7th floor. There is also a bar available in swimming pool area but it wasn't open. Maybe they open it during high season. But you can just pick your own refreshments and bring those with you to pool area of viewpoint deck.

Rooms were spacious althought maybe little bit dated, but good anyway at local standards. View from balcony was to some Thai workers house, so balcony was not so nice place to hang around. Beds were big and confortable, in-room safetybox was brand new, shower was ok althought maybe a little bit more water pressure was something I desired. Refridgerator was surprisingly big and when you removed all minibar products outside you got large amount of your own drinks etc. to fit in there. Only negative about the room itselves was antique TV without HDMI input where I could have my laptop attached to and ridiciously unfunctional network which was basically useless and when it actually worked it was really slow.

Restaurant serves only brekfast if I understood correctly but I never get up so early so can't say anything about that. There is also some kind of gym but didn't have interest to test it since I was on holiday and exercise<>holiday. Basically this is not so service oriented hotel so no room service, during daytime there were 2-4 persons in reception obviously ready to help if needed but during nighttime only one. Cleaning service worked ok, usually room was cleaned within 0,5-2 hours from the point you put "clean my room" sign to door but quality of cleaning was good enough. And hotel staff don't hassle with extra guests you might want to bring in your room so extremely guest friendly.

Guests in this hotel were 70% alone or with group of friends travelling men, 25% young Asian couples, 3% Indian families, 2% others. Not a family hotel but more dedicated to single male tourists I think and that was the main reason I stayed here in the first place.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone but especially for single men. Families with kids, there are some other options available I'm sure. Ok there are few cons like old TV and crappy network but on the other hand who comes to thailand to sit in hotel room and watch TV. But the location and pool and viewpoint and the fact that this extremely guest friendly hotel makes this place a good option for accommodation when you stay in Pattaya.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aleksi81
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife found this hotel through Agoda and we stayed in room 309 from 27-30 September for a total of $200 USD. The room was spacious, bed was large although it sometimes had ants on it, no room service and laundry is available but has a high cost. It cost us 1200 baht to do our laundry as they charge per piece (t-shirts were 40 baht as a baseline). The hotel staff was very friendly and spoke fairly good English. The hotel was 5 mins from the walking street, close to Pattayaland Travel Agency (which I will write a great review for) and right next to Mr Samlan who rents mopeds right out front. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is on a budget and looking for a great location to the beach. On all of our tours we were the first picked up by the minivans thus giving us the best choice of seats.

Sadly I won't be returning to Pattaya but if I did this is where I would stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a very large hotel and I get the feeling it would do better if it was run by one of the big chains. As it is, it seems to be a bit beyond its current management and staff.

I think it was only recently built, as part of a whole development called something like Pattaya City Walk, that runs from 2nd Road to Beach Road. It has been a catastrophe; the prestigious Fraser Suites brand pulled out after only a year or so and practically every business that started there has gone bust, including the bizarrely named Joe Louis Puppet Theatre and an ambitious German bier keller that was part of the Baywalk. The walk now has a gloomy, tired air about it.

The hotel itself could be excellent. It has an absolutely prime position, a beautiful rooftop swimming pool and a fabulous terrace overlooking the beach - which was deserted and unused. Otherwise, it's just a little bit mucky and unkempt; lots of things don;t work and the staff seem harassed and apathetic.

Because this is Pattaya, some bizarre things go on there. One afternoon I saw two men come back to the hotel with a woman who was evidently a sex worker; lots of them hang out across the road on the beach walk. They went up to the same floor as me and she was clearly alarmed to find a third man, a friend of theirs, waiting for them. On another occasion I watched another sex worker hammering angrily at the door of someone's room. Most perturbing of all, I was having an afternoon siesta and I heard very loud banging and shouting at the room next door. I went to see what was going on. It was a young Thai guy. I told him to go away and he got very aggressive and hostile, and offered to fight me.

Not good.

Yet the room was more than 2,000 baht a night. If they sorted out all their glitches, it might be just about worth it. As it is, it is very poor value indeed; you can get much better places for that sort of money in Pattaya.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paddy M
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed at the Baywalk Residence during the first week of April 2012. Spent all that day traveling to Pattaya from Koh Chang, so the Baywalk Residence was a welcome sight for a weary traveler (i.e., me). My room was clean and spacious, with a very comfortable bed. The location is excellent, and just across the street from the beach. A short walk to the Pattaya Beer Garden, a favorite of mine. The internet connection was also fast and reliable. The gym is stuffy and small, but I'd definitely stay at BR again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Keith C
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The "Deluxe" room with sea-view balcony was a FRAUD! The balcony was small, cramped with only a partial view of the sea from a corner, through neon signs & wires.
The gym sucked big time... very poor quipment. House-keeping cleaned only once in 3 days! & the WiFi conked off a few times.

Room Tip: Siam BayShore is a better bet for proximity to Walking Street for only a few $ more. Or take a regular balcony room, with better & bigger balconies than the "Deluxe" rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends