“Cannot fault it”

Cafe des Amis
Ranked #1 of 949 Restaurants in Pattaya
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sorry No bookings by email, Please use the telephone. Choose from 2 sittings, 5.30pm until 8.30pm then 8.30pm until late. Elegant Dining, French and European cuisine. Pattaya's most varied world class selection of imported beef from Aus, USA, Japan. Snow fish, oysters lobster scallops, large wine list, well stocked bar with lounge, fine spirits, cocktails, the largest Gin selection in Thailand 70+ Gins, 25 Vodkas, 40 Whiskeys. Indoor and outdoor dining areas, Romantic restaurant. Perfect for a birthday anniversary or family celebration. Cafe des Amis is elegant but relaxed and not stuffy or posh. We are not perfect, we do not claim to be the best restaurant in town. We genuinely aspire to the challenges of keeping every customer happy and providing a high class eatery for the area. Our dress code is casual smart: please do not be scruffy or beach attire or football shirts. Smart Shorts and sandals are acceptable. Our garden terrace dining area is perfect for children to play and people who are under dressed for the main dining room. Please use Grab Taxi app, or Uber to get to us we are located 1km from Bali High pier, walking street. close to Pratumnak.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cannot fault it”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just returned from Thailand and are so glad we decided to eat here. Only hiccup was pick up from Royal Cliff but owner gave us a drink 'on the house' to make up for it (which was quite unexpected and not looked for). The food was great, the staff were great and the outside area was beautiful. We will return.

1 Thank glaluvthai30

• Thai first
Hobart, Australia
“World class”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Anyone who says happiness is a state of mind not a destination has not been to Cafe des Amis. It is my third time there and the food and service has been consistently flawless. This is one of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of dining in. It is a staple when visiting Thailand. I can highly recommend the crispy duck and the beef Wellington. Having said that, whilst dining with friends I had the opportunity to try a broad selection from the menu and was impressed with all the dishes I tasted. Quality food and service like this only comes from an operator who is seriously passionate about what they do. Needless to say, I shall return! Cheers, Steve from Hobart, Tasmania.

Visited May 2014
Pattaya
“Average food at best. HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE SERVICE!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My guest and I ate dinner at Café Des Amis last week. When we Arrived at the Restaurant we were seated and ordered bottled water for drinking. When our water arrived my girlfriend observed a bug (yes an insect inside of her water glass floating on the top of her water.)
We told our waiter who looked and also saw the bug and said "oh" as if no big deal and did not seem to care. He brought out a new glass and poured some new water for my girlfriend. We ordered our food. (green pea soup - very good) The rest of our food was average at best. The salmon had a beet sauce that was terrible. We were brought a basket of bread with the dinner and as soon as we finished our soup, our waiter took our bread away quickly never to return any bread back. the bread basket was still half full and I wanted to still have bread with my dinner.
What really hurts this restaurant is the HORRIBLE SERVICE. I had to ask our waiter, not once - not twice - but three times to refill my glass for new water, waiting up to at least five minutes at a time. The water was seated on a wooden stool about 10 feet away from us so it's not like I could pour my own water. I would have to physically get up and do this.
WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO WAIT ON MY OWN TABLE!. I AM A PAYING GUEST, NOT A WORKER.
This all took place while my waiter and two female workers were laughing and giggling in the corner and did not care.
How this restaurant is # 1 on trip advisor is beyond me. I will never eat here again and will advise all of my friends who fine dine in Pattaya not to eat here.
I made a good faith effort to talk to the manager about our horrible experience who we could not locate as we were exiting the restaurant.

7 Thank Roger P
bradbury99, Owner at Cafe des Amis, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Roger, I am very disappointed that we failed to impress on the night, We usually remove the bread basket after the starters are finished to make room for the main courses, but the waiter should ask you before removing it. I am glad that you enjoyed the Minted Pea and Watercress Veloute, It is clearly stated that The Grilled Tasmanian Salmon is served with Crushed new potatoes with Dill Beetroot puree & horseradish foam however If you had let the waiter know that you did not like the beetroot puree we would have changed the dish at costs to us. The other dish that you had was grade A quality Australian Rack of Lamb, again I am sorry that you found it average at best. I have emailed you personally about your review and really I hope that you will come back as my guest on your next visit to Pattaya and give us another chance.
uk
“Fabulous as usual”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I see Cafe Des Amis is still number 1 in Pattaya and it's well deserved. I hardly think they need my review and I have eaten here many times. Always new dishes and I am happy to follow the owners tips on which to try. I can be a bit of a stick in the mud with dishes but Blue certainly has a knack in putting new dishes together. I have said it before but I still think the best thing about this restaurant is the way the owners run such a tight yet happy ship. The staff are first class, wherever you care to compare, they are worthy of a top class Hotel. They always remember diners names and even their aperitif which is a pretty neat trick. Staff and boss relationships I. Thailand can be a challenge, I have seen this in my sixteen years of going to this Country. Cafe Des has this down cold, bravo and please, never close......!

bradbury99, Owner at Cafe des Amis, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Victor, Wonderful to read your encouraging words Thank you for our third review we really appreciate your support, Regards Blu and All of team at CDA
Rochester, United Kingdom
“A wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my second visit to Cafe des Amis and it is still wonderful. Blu and his staff make you feel so welcome and so special. The atmosphere is so sophisticated yet comfortable. As for the food....fine dining at its best. Excellent value for an excellent meal. Loved the idea of the "delights" desert. Small portions of 5 different ones to try. Definately a must for anyone visiting Pattaya.