“Another great trip to CDA”
Review of Cafe des Amis

Cafe des Amis
Ranked #1 of 925 Restaurants in Pattaya
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sorry No bookings by email, Please use the telephone. Choose from 2 sittings, 5.30pm until 8.30pm then 8.30pm until late. Elegant Dining, French and European cuisine. Pattaya's most varied world class selection of imported beef from Aus, USA, Japan. Snow fish, oysters lobster scallops, large wine list, well stocked bar with lounge, fine spirits, cocktails, the largest Gin selection in Thailand 70+ Gins, 25 Vodkas, 40 Whiskeys. Indoor and outdoor dining areas, Romantic restaurant. Perfect for a birthday anniversary or family celebration. Cafe des Amis is elegant but relaxed and not stuffy or posh. We are not perfect, we do not claim to be the best restaurant in town. We genuinely aspire to the challenges of keeping every customer happy and providing a high class eatery for the area. Our dress code is casual smart: please do not be scruffy or beach attire or football shirts. Smart Shorts and sandals are acceptable. Our garden terrace dining area is perfect for children to play and people who are under dressed for the main dining room. Please use Grab Taxi app, or Uber to get to us we are located 1km from Bali High pier, walking street. close to Pratumnak.
Pattaya, Thailand
“Another great trip to CDA”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I think i've got the regular badge now from CDA, it's hard to fault anything here and i always leave satisfied.

I've noticed some neg reviews in trip advisor from people that have no history or only 1 review, watch out for these false statements, which are totally inaccurate, unfair and unfounded.

I would highly recommend CDA to anyone as I take my clients there, Blu the owner is a fantastic host and does a great job running the place.

Keep up the good work guys.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Tropical paradise”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I loved Cafe des Amis not only for its food and super staff, but to sit outside in the garden after dinner, with a brandy, is surely a piece of paradise! What a super holiday--I shall never forget their beef Wellington!

• Visited September 2013
“An oasis of fine dining!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Whilst staying at the Hilton we asked the front desk top recommend the best restaurant and they booked us in at Cafe des Amis. On arrival we entered a beautiful garden courtyard and were greeted and shown into the bar lounge. The Restaurant was very busy and had a lovely ambiance inside with soft piano lounge jazz playing. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and we'll trained. We ordered Australian beef carpaccio and tasmanian mussels in white wine to start followed by fillet steak with foie gras and red wine sauce. All of the food was served in good time and piping hot. The presentation and flavour were on par with any top London restaurants we have been to in the past. Highly recommended for any foodie out there.

Marbella, Spain
“Never disappointed.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having travelled to Pattaya many times over the past seven years. We encountered our greatest discovery when we came across a little gem of a restaurant about four years ago. It is hidden from view down the bottom of a soi in what is best described as a gorgeous Thai-Bali style house. We have been regulars there for many years. Two weeks ago we returned to Thailand and relished our visit to our unique spot. As usual we were not disappointed. We where greeted by Blu, his beautiful wife Pia and all his friendly and well trained staff who gave us a warm homecoming. It is nice to see new additions to the menu.

My husband chose the Tasmanian mussels recommended by Blu. They were so fresh, and cooked to perfection. I sampled a few and they were delicious. I decided on the crabmeat wrapped in iceberg lettuce, consisting of two tasty and fresh crabmeat served with a beautiful tasting mango salsa accompaniment that was so refreshing. For mains, I had the Duck a l'Orange, I didn't like the vegetables being served with it, and so I was offered an alternative. The duck was cooked just right, succulent and moist.

My favourite part of the meal is the dessert. I opted for the chocolate fondant, which it states on the menu to allow 13 mins for cooking. While I waited, I noticed Blu working the tables cheerfully chatting to his satisfied customers. I observed the service flowing to military precision. Before I knew it, my desert had arrived. Believe me it was worth the wait, dense, rich and luxurious come to mind when describing this chocolate fondant cake, the chocolate oozes from it, pure heaven!!

Yet again, I left full and happy. It gets my number # 1 vote. Both my husband and I agree, that the food is outstanding both in the preparation and the presentation. The ambience is relaxed; the food is of the highest standard and the choice of al fresco or lounge area after your meal.

Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

During a stay at the nearby Sheraton, my wife and I came here for dinner. Restaurant premises was intimate and elegant. First to arrive, we were seated in the indoor dining area that was nicely decorated in warm, refreshing tones.

Unsure of white wine selection, the staff brought two small port glasses for my wife to taste. Bread basket and drink orders were served promptly. This was followed by amuse-bouche. Our appetizers comprised scallops and their special off-menu mussels with garlic and white wine sauce. Baked sea bass on a bed of salad was the main course for my wife while I had duck a l'orange. Our appetizers and main courses were great. We shared a dessert which had 5 different mini servings.

Throughout our dinner, the service staff enquired about our meal and made light conversation. Blu was attentive, moved around the tables and chatted with diners. My camera caught his attention and we chatted about the painter Pipop whose original abstract artworks adorned the walls. That's feast for the eyes and soul.

Two hours passed quickly. We had a wonderful dinner and will surely return.

3 Thank JeffLeong
bradbury99, Owner at Cafe des Amis, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
My staff all enjoyed reading your review Thank You and I appreciate you taking the time to post photos that you took. We hope to see you again when you are back in Pattaya. regards Blu