“one of the best restaurants in Pattaya”
Review of Cafe des Amis

Cafe des Amis
Ranked #1 of 926 Restaurants in Pattaya
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sorry No bookings by email, Please use the telephone. Choose from 2 sittings, 5.30pm until 8.30pm then 8.30pm until late. Elegant Dining, French and European cuisine. Pattaya's most varied world class selection of imported beef from Aus, USA, Japan. Snow fish, oysters lobster scallops, large wine list, well stocked bar with lounge, fine spirits, cocktails, the largest Gin selection in Thailand 70+ Gins, 25 Vodkas, 40 Whiskeys. Indoor and outdoor dining areas, Romantic restaurant. Perfect for a birthday anniversary or family celebration. Cafe des Amis is elegant but relaxed and not stuffy or posh. We are not perfect, we do not claim to be the best restaurant in town. We genuinely aspire to the challenges of keeping every customer happy and providing a high class eatery for the area. Our dress code is casual smart: please do not be scruffy or beach attire or football shirts. Smart Shorts and sandals are acceptable. Our garden terrace dining area is perfect for children to play and people who are under dressed for the main dining room. Please use Grab Taxi app, or Uber to get to us we are located 1km from Bali High pier, walking street. close to Pratumnak.
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
“one of the best restaurants in Pattaya”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Haven't been to CDA for a few months so due for a visit. I always wonder why I don't come here every week as it is so good. Impeccable service and fab food. The attention to detail by Blu (owner) is very much in evidence to make this an all round 5 star experience. We started with the portobello mushrooms and crab starter - really excellent clean fresh taste. Followed by the Black Angus rib eye steak - I would recommend this restaurant as the go-to place for the best steaks in Pattaya. We had an excellent wine recommended by Blu and by the way, the wine list and cocktails are really good here. The restaurant has lovely decor and a really nice outside garden and inside bar area where you can enjoy pre- or apres dinner drinks. An excellent evening.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Great”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just a quick comment. You must try their portabella mushroom appetizer! Make a reservation to be safe. It was quite busy and we had to wait 20 min for a table.

Visited December 2012
Pembroke, United Kingdom
“True to my word...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having written a review of my favourite restaurant in Pattaya before moving to Phnom Penh
last September;
I (true to my word) returned to CDA for Christmas lunch.
Was I a happy guy?.. not half!!!
My 4th Christmas lunch in as many years & each & everyone so memorable mak,mak..
I cannot compliment the overall experience enough.. from the host & hostess' welcome,
& all their super staff both guys & gals.. to the sumptuous food. Superb taste & as usual
best quality produce & finest ingredients, prepared & cooked by chefs that take a great
pride in their chosen profession.
A traditional Xmas lunch so far from home is such a pleasure..
I define my experience as Great Food with portions enough, Fine Wines, a Terrific Ambience
with sevice above most.
I purposly have not described the meal as it was - an outstanding Xmas Lunch...
Please (God willing) reserve my able for next Christmas!
Actually ther was one dissapointment! CDA was closed the next night.. my last night
before leaving Pattaya.
Should be listed as no.1 in Pattaya...

• Visited December 2012
Chonburi, Thailand
“Sensational”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to Cafe des Amis for New Years Eve, it was a Special New Years Eve menu, when we arrived the staff made us very welcome. The food was sensational and the managment attentive but not overpowering.My wife and I chose the same thing (which is very unusual for us), we started with fresh crab cakes with a dill sauce then for the main we had what must have been the best Lamb Wellington ever,'' Wow'' they should make this a regular dish on the main menu. We finished with a strawberry short cake that melted in your mouth.
The night was absoluetely fantastic! A big thanks go to the managment and staff for all there efforts.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank David G
“Lives up to its "Fine Dining" tag!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I and 2 friends ate here on the 27th Dec. we were in Pattaya 7 nights and ate in 5 restaurants including Mantra (#1 on TA). I would say when you take everything into account this was the best. Beautiful courtyard entrance where you can sit in and eat. We chose to eat inside & the decor was what you'd expect from a top end restaurant. The service was almost perfect. The food was delicious. We had pate & camembert to start & duck with orange sauce, beef bourgingon & lamb shank for main. We will certainly be returning when we next visit Pattaya. Keep up the good work

1 Thank Suttley