Vio.com
StayForLong
All reviews great hotel central pattaya water supplied adjacent rooms nice pool bar sized fridge pool area good size reception staff gym upgrades television poolside nightlife
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I have just returned from a three week stay at the August Suites, Pattaya. This was my second stay at the hotel, which in itself should say something. Before continuing, I would mention that there are three room options in the hotel. The smallest but still good sized, 'superior room', the very large deluxe room, and there is also the even bigger executive room. Absolutely huge.

I've seen all three rooms but stayed only in the largest two. My advice is, stay in one of the two larger rooms. For me, the best value is the deluxe room, it's normally only slightly more expensive than the basic room, you get a lot more space, much bigger bathroom, with separate bath and I generally consider it better value.

Moving onto the review itself, and this review specifically is about the 55sqm Deluxe Room - I will start with the few things that were, for me,small negatives.

1.No tea and coffee facilities in the room. Not a huge issue as I was able to borrow a mini kettle and buy some coffee.

2.Very few and poorly located in-room power points. Again, it may not be an issue for some, but if you're someone that likes to use your laptop in a comfy place, such as bed, this isn't ideal, particularly if your laptop battery isn't the best. You CAN buy an extenson cable from any 7/11 for THB 155 but I was not inclined to trust this.

Those two slight niggles aside, I love this hotel. The staff are superb, very polite and helpful. Pool is brilliant, not usually too busy and there's a poolside bar as well. The beds were wonderfully comfy, and always well cleaned. Unlike some hotels where the cleaners work in pairs, and chat noisily (really irritating when trying to sleep) there was just one lady working alone and efficiently. Be sure to tip her a couple of times as she does a great job!

The hotel itself is well located in Central Pattaya, Pattaya Klang, and only about a minute walk from Soi Buakhao, which is the best road for cheap drinks and great nightlife (pro tip, much better value than walking street).

You really can't go wrong with this hotel. For those that are interested, it is VERY guest friendly as well. I will definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Book The 55sqm Deluxe Room if you can, for the best combination of value + size.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
14  Thank JamesInLondonUK
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very clean. The furniture needs upgrading but it has started as far as I understood.
The staff is nice - but they need training in service. We hardly ever see them smile, they don’t greet guests in the morning and they offer no explanation to their rules.
We always stay at August Suites when in Pattaya and we probably will continue this but the staff needs to learn to smile and provide great level of service. Because the pricing on this hotel is not cheap.
So, shoutout to management: upgrade furniture to the same new sofas in reception and upgrade level of service and smiles with staff.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank brianromer
Reviewed April 2, 2018

In March 2018, I stayed there for two nights. I was on my honeymoon. We were two couples. We are highly satisfied with the services they have provided during our short stay. Room and bathroom both were very clean. We had booked executive rooms which were also very big in size and had everything you desire. The best part of this hotel is that it is a walk away from a very happening beach of Pattaya - PATONG BEACH. Poolside is also very nice and silent. Around this hotel, if you are an Indian you will be having various Indian hotels too. You will get vegetarian Thalis in B199 and Tea in B40. The only drawback I found is their breakfast menu. They have just one pattern for Indians and that is - Omelette, Bread & Butter/Jam, Fruits (Pineapple & Watermelon) Juice, Coffee. That's it. Taste is just ok. Hope you find this information valuable and thanks for your time for reading this. Happy stay in Pattaya.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandeepM1385
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

My second stay at this hotel. Great value. Massive room with king-size bed. The bathroom was huge. Bath, separate shower with excellent water pressure and hot water. The air conditioning was good but quite noisy. Good size balcony. Room was clean snd housekeeping was was quick and efficient.
The location is a little out of the way but still within walking distance of the beach and close to soi burkhao and sois 7 and 8. Jump on the baht bus for anywhere else.
It's not next to any bars so is quiet at night.
The breakfast is ok. Pool is good. There is a fitness room.

The only negatives were a lack of power sockets in the room, the wifi is good but you keep having to constantly sign in and there were no controls for the lights next to the bed. Very minor complaints.

I will definitely be back to stay again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank garyf654
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We just checked out today after a great stay in very reasonably priced suite. Massive bed in a big room. Bathroom was also very big with a big bath separate shower two wash basins and a toilet. Reception room was also very big with a large sofa writhing desk. We also head a large balcony but not much of a view. My only criticism would be the shower could do with updating. There was no mini bar or tea and coffee facilities in the room. Room service was available.
The rest of the hotel was in good shape. The reception staff were really nice as were the bellboys always happy to see you.
The swimming pool was a little small with limited sun beds but very clean.
The location of the hotel was pretty good too. A short 10 minute walk to the beach and some of the more lively bar areas of Pattaya.
I never ate at the hotel but it heard the food was very nice.

I would recommend staying here and I will be staying again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple