“Good location and essential rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of August Suites

August Suites
Ranked #3 of 472 Specialty Lodging in Pattaya
Porto Alegre, RS
“Good location and essential rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Located on central road just above the corner with second road , by walking you can reach the festival mall in less than ten minutes. The rooms are basic but good, walkin in shower with variations in temperatures but ok, nice swimming pool but the bed was very hard

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Adilson B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here from 9th - 11th April ,The hotel is maintained well and the location is good . The rooms are quite spacious ,all the rooms have balcony , some are pool facing but ours was not. Room had a mini refrigerator ,The tea/coffee maker was missing though,which was mentioned in the website as a standard facility. Pool and area around it is good and well maintained.
The most disappointing things here were the reception staff and the breakfast. The receptionists and other staff never ever smiled and were wooden faced . The travel desk is not competent , they could not book our trip , had to book the coral island trip from outside . And lastly the breakfast was a set one(without choice for vegetarians) in which we did not have the meats as we are vegetarians, so we asked for 2 extra slices of bread and the waiter was about to charge for the same for which we negotiated and waived it off.
I hope the management looks into these aspects .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed at August Suites for only one night, would have loved to stay longer but they were booked out, I can understand why they were booked out.
What a nice place, great pool area, which I spent hours there eating and drinking.
The room was great, really could not have asked for more.
If you need a nice place to stay, stay there, as it will if I get the chance to return to Thailand.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

based on so many good comments,I finally selected this hotel. the receptionist,I believe she is thai from appearance, never smiled with a cold voice. Her frown made me think I am stupid to ask questions. very very bad feel when she showed me paper with don'ts in Chinese. I was insulted for sure. How ridiculous was my room filled with smoke smell when I was shown it is prohibited to smoke in the room. I will not recommend any CHinese to live in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks, it was a very nice hotel, very clean and great sauna. The rooms were excellent as always in Asia and I would have been more than happy to stay again.

However on check out the hotel tried to bill me for a damaged towel ($20) now I know for a fact I had not damaged any towels and they would not show me the towel as it had been thrown out, what I think had happened was either the maid got the room wrong or I had taken one of the old sauna towels back to the room and the maid may have thought I had damaged the crisp white towels. Anyhow I didn't damage any towel and refused to pay point blank. The manager got kind of angry and said his staff would have to pay, guess what I don't care I told him, if I damage something I pay and I hadn't. May have been a misunderstanding but it was not dealt with well at all. I would not stay again, and nor would my 3 friends who stayed at same time, I hope the towel scam was worth it.

Probably worth mentioning a known scam in Thailand is to say you damaged sheets or a towel in some hotels, its easy extra money at the end of your stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Connor25
Bologna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nice modern new hotel and very clean.In central and convenient location but quiet.Very good the air conditioning system of the room.Booking made directly online very fast, the hotel staff very kind and willing. I did not eat and I did not use the pool so I do not know about.One only flaw: I wanted to extend my vacation a few days but the hotel was fully booked and I asked 2 times on two consecutive days if they could find me a room but the answer was always the same” we don’t have rooms” so I decided to move to another hotel ,then one my friend told me that the hotel april suites attached to august suites was of the same property so I asked at my reception if they had vacancy in their april suites and they said me yes but previously none never told me.Apart from this I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexsandro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My first trip to Thailand and Pattaya. I found the hotel to be clean, spacious and with great staff. Beds where a bit hard for my liking but that is the hotels only downfall. It is very close to beach, shops and restaurants. And for only 10baht you can hope on the local mini bus transport to go further afield...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends