We spent a weekend in this hotel. Normally we spend our Pattaya weekends in Hilton Pattaya, which is only slightly more expensive, but it's a world away from Centara in terms of service and general appearance.
This hotel is huge, and it's quite visible that the staff are tired of the crowds. Friendliness and attention are not their piece of cake. The only thing that makes this hotel really worth staying is the enormous pool and the lazy river with slides.
What was NOT okay at all:
1) 2 hours after check-in our extra bed was still not installed. Bedtime for the kids was approaching.
2) So we called the "call-centre", nobody picked up for 25 (!!!!) minutes!! Same thing was with the concierge which I called just to check whether there was actually anyone alive to help us.
3) On the next day we stayed at the pool until about 1 pm, and when we came back to the room, we found out it hadn't been cleaned yet. I repeat, at 1pm!!! We called the "call-centre" once again and were lucky to have somebody pick up the phone. We expressed out dissatisfaction, and mentioned that we wouldn't want to come back to this hotel after all we had experienced. The staff on the phone said - "OK", no apologies, nothing.
4) At the pool bar I ordered a strawberry shake and a banana shake, having had asked twice not to put any sweetener into the drink. However, I could see from the pool that the barista was putting some kind of concentrate into the blender cup. And no, I didn't see any single banana or strawberry while she was preparing it. After having received the shakes and having done a sip, I found there were undrinkable and the flavor was totally artificial. I complained, but no refund was offered.
5) I didn't like the idea of making the bathroom a part of your actual room. First of all, it looks like you're staying in a cheap motel, not a 5-star hotel, and second, it doesn't keep the water noise away, so you can't really shower if somebody in your room is sleeping.
6) My husband was repeatedly approached by staff members in the pool and beach area, who asked them to tell his name and room number. I understand all the fuss about security, but he had shown his key card, which some how wasn't enough for those guys to see he is a hotel guest. And they were NOT friendly, too. Particularly the guard at the beach and the one who sits beside the biggest slide at the lazy river.
All in all only the pool was a positive experience. Unfortunately only in-house guests are allowed to use it, otherwise we would be happy to stay somewhere else and come to use pool facilities of Centara Grand Mirage for extra money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya is an exciting Lost World themed resort set on Wong Amat Beach, is a destination in its own right. As a retreat for couples or as a fun place for families, guests will enjoy the resort’s 555 spacious ocean-facing rooms, suites and family residences (from 42 to 326 square metres), eight dining venues including COAST Beach Club & Bistro, an award-winning spa, and a gigantic water park. The resort has fun, action and relaxation for everyone. The Lost World, at the very heart of the resort, is a world to explore: a freeform swimming pool, a meandering lazy river, 12 water slides, an adult’s pool, Jacuzzis, cliff jumping platforms, and Monson Island, a children’s water playground featuring water guns, miniature geysers, and jumbo water buckets. Children can also enjoy two kids clubs, a club lounge dedicated to families, and a plethora of activities. The 230-metre beach is perfect for water sports, such as sailing and kayaking, and a PADI dive centre is also available. If this sounds too intense, Spa Cenvaree is a true refuge for the senses and has 24 treatment rooms and a yoga and meditation pavilion. Other facilities include a state-of-the-art fitness centre, two tennis courts and rock climbing facilities. A shuttle service connects to Central Festival Pattaya shopping and lifestyle centre on an hourly basis and Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 90 minutes away from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Mirage Beach Hotel Pattaya