“Amazing Hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is amazing! Went for a wedding and the whole time spent there made me not want to leave. The staff are very helpful and our room was cleaned good every day. I spent most of my time at the pool areas which are all really fantastic. I would say here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Peregian Springs, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked this hotel as we wanted to avoid going to Bangkok from Cambodia and have a bit of luxury at the end of our go-go holiday. I read the reviews on TA and understood there were a few problems but I didn't realise how awful a hotel costing so much could be.

We always stay in good quality hotels and have been rarely disappointed.

We arrived at the hotel to learn that our room was not available and we were given an upgrade. The upgrade didn't have a child bed and we were at first told that the child could stay in the king size bed with us! After a call down to reception (which took a long time to be answered) a child bed was set up.
It was clear that the hotel had been built to a very low budget; there was no sealant between the floor tiles and the wall tiles and the handrail fell off the wall as I brushed past it. This is probably fine for the package tour Russian (of which there are many at this hotel) but not for us paying top dollar.
The breakfast was terrible. Most things had run out, there were queues for most things and tables were not cleared quickly enough. Tea pots were delivered to the table with an inadequate amount of tea for two and getting a refill was impossible. This breakfast cost $50 per person (AUD) and half price for children under 6! This is very expensive by Australian standards but exorbitant by Thai standards. It is also the only place I have ever been where children go to breakfast in their P.J.s.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and I can not fault them in any way. The water slides are great for the kids and there are several pools to choose from. My only gripe is that the Lazy river is particularly lazy and there is not enough current to push the rings around.

I wrote to the manager and head office and have been offered a room upgrade for my future visit. I don't think I'll be using that!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cornishnat
eamrooms, Manager at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Cornishnat,

Thank you for your time to comment on tripadvisor.com on your recent stay in our hotel. Your feedback on our services and facilities have now been shared with all department heads concerned and were applicable, will be used for internal training purposes of our staff. We regret that some services and facilities have not met your expectations, therefore we truly hope you will accept our management offer of a room upgrade on your next stay in order to enhance your future experience in our resort.

We look forward welcoming you back soon again at Centara Grand Mirage.

Cordially,

The Management
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our third stay at this Hotel and while the staff were lovely and my children loved the pools and lazy river .There are little things that could easily be improved ,firstly the food in the club lounge is very basic and while the drinks are plentiful and always served with a smile if you are paying 5 star prices you should be getting 5 star qaulity,also the restaurants are beautiful but because of the prices are always empty it seems crazy that you have 800 quests and empty Restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnMelbourne_11
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

So we went to this hotel 19 October for honeymoon. Arrived, hotel seemed nice from front, all very wood, safari like. Trees. When checking in, seemed to take a while, they required a room deposit, ours was 300 uk pounds. Which we did get on checking out. The bell boys will sort your cases. When booking , it's stated if on honeymoon you will receive special things.... One of these was fresh fruit and champagne on arrival, fresh flowers in bed, bath and sink and. 1000 baht spa voucher, this all provided you have a marriage certificate. So we get our room key and go to room, nothing done, no flowers no nothing. I was really dissApointed.... As I was looking forward to that, all them little touches matter to me. We got a room upgrade , but room had no bath. After 16 hours of travelling , I wasn't in the mood so I rung down to front desk. They couldn't understand what I was on about, by this point wasn't happy!!!! That was first let down. After a long awkward language barrier phone call they changed our room to one with a bath and the next day put all the flowers and spa voucher in room... Not same then though!!
The pool area and rester aunts are superb!!! 5 star hotel standard!!!!
Few tips........ Easier in bullet points!
* infinity pool is only place were they have sun all day long , beds get occupied from 7.30am!!!

* do not need to take towels !!! Hotel provide beach towels and bath towels.

* people wit walking difficulties... This hotel not for you!!! There is no wheelchair access to the pools or beach, and on average I walked 40 steps, to get down to pool,that not counting my return to hotel!!!! I'm 27 , an I was exhausted in that heat!!!!

* breakfast isn't the best!! Busy, over crowded, food has flies all over! Take cereal in your luggage

* don't buy drinks from hotel, there is a family mart right outside . For a bottle coke it 17 baht, in hotel it was over 200 baht!!

* walk along beach and buy yourself a sweetcorn, delicious!!!

Oasis was very nice food for evening meal. Check at front desk the have different theme nights on. We didn't go to any of them though.

* please ask any questions. The hotel fabulous!!!!!! But as soon as you step out from the hotel it's like the pits! Smells of sewage, stray starved dogs everywhere. Mopeds, and taxis driving really fast.
They say the hotel is a bit out of the way, but better, as being right on beac road in pattaya would be busy, loud and smelly!!! It costs 150 baht to beach road, in a taxi!!!! They will say 200, nut they will accept 150 baht.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rainbow*princess
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my second visut to this hotel with same good impression. Fun for my kid to spending time in pools. The room also very Nice. Service was great. We never ran out of supplies for free water,coffee, ice. I recomend for family with young kids. You will find good tim for sure

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sumate P
Tarland, ABOYNE, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you are in need of a completely relaxing holiday in a quiet, clean and running like clockwork hotel next to the sea, this is the place. Attention to detail in every aspect is spot on - accommodation, food, service. Only one complaint - having to leave!!

Room Tip: Well designed building. All rooms face the sea.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen220565
bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Poor management.

Rude and cheating staffs

Greedy reception.

the business center should be open from 9 am to 8 pm,but until 4 pm was still closed.

i ordered one cocktail at coffee shop , when I finished , I was still in my seat before I asked anything the staff bring the bill , and treat like a person maybe I gone and not pay the bill.

bellboy , reception , housekeeping noting to say just we are busy we are busy

telephone operator take long time to answer the phones.

front office manager was real foolish and cheating guy.

Room Tip: Amari group management is better than Centara group.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Summerwine-thai
Dear Summerwine-thai,

Thank you for your time to comment on tripadvisor.com on your recent stay in our hotel. Your feedback on our services and facilities have now been shared with all department heads concerned and have been a precious contribution to improve our performance and future guest experience.
We look forward welcoming you back soon again at Centara Grand Mirage.
Cordially,