“nice Hotel”
Review of Bay Breeze Hotel

Bay Breeze Hotel
Ranked #91 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed May 23, 2012

One of the fastest Wifi I have ever seen in Thailand hotels. They have connectivity for individual floors and the speed is rock solid. I stayed in a standard room(700 Baht) and I got a decent room with all amenities.

Pros: Almost everything
Cons: Just 2.
a) A hotel staff tried to elude me with bringing guests/drinks etc in my room and his intention was not pretty clear
The toilet had a couple of problems

However given the positive things and the superb location(Soi Honey 2nd building from 2nd road side),I would probably return again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank abhi1979

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Man, I don't know what everyone is talking about. I've stayed at Bay Breeze a dozen or so times and I say it's wonderful. A nice breeze blows through the corridors upstairs and there's a reliable internet connection on every floor. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff smile plenty. A great hotel at a very cheap price. Lovin it!

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank deanwarner99
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Im been to PATAYA ,staed with BAY BREEZE, The hotel good,clearn, quiet,swimming pool, good to stay but only thinking of your holydays,not thinking about the people who working here,never seeen they smile, not friendly. i wonder every one in THAI LAND has the same or just in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sanhuynhphi
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed here in Feb 2011 for 4 nights and found the place to be perfectly acceptable for the 800 baht price. The reviews I have read on this site are generally pretty harsh in my opinion. Actually now I think about it the plug in my sink didn't work? Apart from that it was fine.

Room Tip: I stayed pretty high up maybe 8?
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank angstas
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed in this hotel a year back but still remember the service is quite bad we had to wait for almost 1 hour for a coffee in the morning...

The beds were ok... good enough to sleep..

We got a room with the balcony on the 1st floor never felt like opening the windows the other side was a roof top of some house so every time we opened so many people were staring at us...

Its placed relatively close to all the major places.... always walked to all the locations including Walking street.

There are good street food near the hotel...

over all its worth the money if your spending time on the beaches in the day and nites in walking street.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank antonyrubin
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed here for three weeks I must say it's the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was infested with mice. Management did not change bed sheets when there was mice poo all over the clean sheets, the pool is located on the third floor and can fit 5 people comfortably. The hotel in general was dirty and even after the maid had cleaned the rooms in a morning, the bathroom and bedrooms weren't cleaned properly. We also had cock roaches coming up out of the sewage drain in the bathroom and certain staff were very very rude. I must add we also had certain personal items go missing out of the room which amazingly disappear into thin air. There are all main bars opposite the hotel which stay open until 5am so if you wanted an early night, forget it. Very noisy music until at least 4am - DON'T STAY HERE

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Gareth31
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The location is good and the rooms are functional but the deal breaker for me were the bugs. Bugs everywhere. Not giant cockroaches but small bugs. 2 or 3 types. I would turn on a light and they would be scurrying from the bed side or the bathroom sink. I kept squashing them but more would just keep coming. They would get into anything of mine they found edible. Even my toothbrush....yuck! That was without any food around. If I would leave a bag of almonds or fruit on a table I would come to find bugs in there.

I stayed there a couple years ago and don't remember this bug problem back then. Seems it's gotten out of hand now.

Then there is the little beerbar complex across the street. Probably the loudest complex outside of walking street. 2 or 3 bars compete for who can have the biggest loudest sound system and one of the bars has live show when they really crank it up. That goes non stop till 2am. Anyone on the soi honey facing side will not be getting any sleep till after 2am. Not much better on the other side unless you are lower down but then the only view you have is a concrete wall.

Some of the staff are not too friendly which is something I am not used to in Thailand.

I do have 1 good thing to say about the place. Good Wifi with access points on every floor. Good when it works that is. Internet was constantly going down. On at least 2 of those occasions it was an equipment problem in the hotel, not the telco.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo