“Nice!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Mike's Tex Mex is a nice, quiet place away from all the noise of Pattaya. We had a decent meal and paid a fair price. Staff are hard working and doing their best. So if you are looking for something different than Thai food, pizza's and burgers, go visit Mike's.

1  Thank A31970

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Being from the States, I have grown to love Mexican food. However, living in the UK, it is a nearly impossible to find satisfactory Mexican. When I say Mexican, I am referring to American style Tex Mex, which was made famous in Texas, southern California, Arizona, etc.

While visiting friends in Pattaya, they took us to Mike's and it was amazing. Now, it may not be as great as the kind you find in the States, but after months of craving Tex Mex, it sure did the trick.

I ate the chicken chimi, the wife had cheese enchiladas, and our friends had the combo plate (taco, chicken burrito, and one other item). The portions were very generous in size and came smothered in flavorful sauces. The burritos and chimi had a very healthy amount of chicken in them along with refried beans.

We also enjoyed margaritas, which were excellent and very cheap (150 baht). For a starter we had chips, guacamole, salsa, and jalapeño poppers. The chips came out warm and the guacamole was excellent. I found the salsa lacking from a states perspective, but some of the more flavorful I've found overseas (comparable to a pico de gallo). The jalapeño poppers were great, but made with a Thai twist.

Overall, EXCELLENT restaurant and I have no doubt that Mike's will continue to grow in popularity with the expat community who is looking for a margarita and some yummy Tex Mex

1  Thank JubilantBeggar
Reviewed February 6, 2012

On the first two trips into the area for business, I would always spot Mike's from the main road but had never had the time to try the food. Once I did, it was Mexican all the way!

Located just off the main road, Mike's can be hard to spot if you don't see the sign.

Food is great and well priced, and the staff are helpful. The decor reminded me of my first job - working at a Mexican restaurant - cozy.

Maybe it is seasonal, but Mike's was never crowded when I was there.

Great place for your Mexican food fix.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Mike's, located in South Pattaya is pleasantly decorated with a very comfortable atmosphere.

The menu includes a good range of dishes that would normally be expected in a Tex Mex restaurant, with a few additional selections included to round out the fare. The food is very fresh and the servings are more than ample.

Service is very good the staff are extremely pleasant and friendly.

A great place to spend the evening.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My friends and I have been to Mike's many times now, and have had consistently good experience there. The food has always been very good to excellent, the service excellent, and their wine pour the best in town (for quantity)
A non smoking area would be a nice addition to the experience. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank jerry3477