“A great stay.”

Ranked #194 of 522 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Na Kae
“A great stay.”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this guest house for 2 weeks and it was superb.

On arrival the check in staff were helpful and friendly. The staff were a great help with some official paperwork that needed to be completed as well.
This guest house is spead out along a small cul-de-sac road so there is no through traffic and associated noise. The room had a good AC unit as well as a fan. The room is not the biggest I have ever stayed in but it does have its own shower and toilet en-suite. The room was nice and airy and seemed to have been recently decorated.
The cleaning staff did an excellent job despite us going out at odd times they were very flexible with their cleaning schedule. The room was always spotless with fresh bedding and towels every day.
This is the best value for money guesthouse I have stayed in and I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from reception are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FalangNaKae
SiamGuestHouse, Owner at Siam Guest House, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write and provide feedback. We find you very gracious and considerate. Your kind words are much appreciated.

We will pass on your generous words to the staff, because they will be very happy to hear about your stay and the kind words- the Siam Guest House- "One of the Best Values in Pattaya." Again, thank you.

With Kind Regards,

The Siam Guest House- Management and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in Pattaya and I really enjoyed my time there.

The hotel location is ok, very close to the beach and many places around... also the staff is very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has nothing fancy but it is worth the money you pay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pedroadrian
SiamGuestHouse, Owner at Siam Guest House, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write and provide feedback. Your considerate and kind words are much appreciated.

With Kind Regards,

The Siam Guest House- Management and Staff
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have stayed at Siam Guest house several times and I find them to be excellent.
The rooms are lalways clean with clean sheets and towels every day. The cleaning staff are first rate and always made sure I had sufficient soap and toilet paper in the room.
My room was not huge but has en-suite facilities and for the money is excellent value.
The road is a dead end so no passing traffic and associated noise.
Staff are very friendly and although English is not their native tounge I had no problems getting them to understand me and my requests.
I am so pleased I have booked to go back and stay with them in April.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay at the end away from second road as it is much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank grj342010
SiamGuestHouse, General Manager at Siam Guest House, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write and provide us with your kind words and recommendations. We will pass this on to the staff, because they will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and their service. Again, thank you.

With Warm Regards

Khun Tanya- General Manager, on behalf of The Siam Guest House and Staff
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2012

non professional reception setup!
noisy staff in the morning from 6am
cleaners do half a job-no soap or toilet paper
rooms run down
hard bed
shower hopeless
over priced for what it is
un-friendley reception staff
mosquitoes in rooms as door has massive gap at bottom

Room Tip: look elsewhere for better value and service
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DMTN16
SiamGuestHouse, General Manager at Siam Guest House, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Having looked in to this matter and having considered more than 17 years of feedback, both, positive and negative from past guests; we disagree with this guest’s unpleasant assessment of the Siam Guest. We have had over 7,000 guests since September 2011- with only two guest complaints.

However, we do take complaint seriously. Therefore, we have meetings and team building excersies to address the administrative staff issues- for our staff to be more sensitive our guests comfort. Regarding- "rooms run down, hard bed, shower" Most of our rooms have been renovated in September 2010.

Regarding -"over priced for what it is" - We are a low buget guest house; 599 THB ($17.00 USA) per night. We recommend that all of guest check and compare- there are many room and hotels in Pattaya and we are competitive.

Again, having considered more than 17 years of feedback, both, positive and negative from past guests; we disagree with this guest’s unpleasant assessment of the Siam Guest. We have had over 7,000 guests since September 2011- with only two guest complaints. However, we wish him well- the Siam Guest House- "One of the Best Values in Pattaya.”

The General Manager Siam Guest House

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Udon Thani, Thailand
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Pleasantly surprised when we arrived, no big rooms but more than adequate for us. Worried it might be noisy at night but good nights sleep. Staff were pleasant except one lady who seemed to be in charge that never smiled at all. Rooms looked after well, cleaned every day etc. For a budget hotel in a busy area of Pattaya it was very good.

Only problem is that it is 100m down a very narrow street which makes it very difficult for the taxi etc. We walked and the driver helped with bags - no problem at all really.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paulandnid
Halmstad, Hallands Lan, Sweden
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We went to Pattaya in April this year. Overall impression: horrifying. We did not actually stayed in this hotel, we just booked and canceled it upon our arrival. However, I think it's worthy sharing my experience.

Hard to find.
No one seemed to know where the hotel is. We asked everyone we could. We called the hotel and let them speak Thai to the one that we were asking direction from. We had been wandering around the same neighbourhood for one hour with our backpacks.

Prostitution district.
There were this little sex shops all over the small lane. The women were not shy... I was not comfortable walking down the street at all... Before I arrived in Pattaya I had no idea how the city would be. My bad not have done the homework. The worst thing was to see a old fat hairy white guy with his shirt wide open flirting with a thai woman in front of the guest house when we arrived. I would guess what her profession is and apparently she lives in the guest house...

Smell of mold.
They lead us to a room at the back of the reception with no windows. The room is filthy! The smell, gosh, it was unbelievably. I could not stand it... They don't have other rooms with windows to give to us.

We wanted to cancel the booking. After walking under the sun first then rain for one hour looking for this place and got teased by prostitutes, I couldn't stand anymore. They refused to refund the money. We sort of had an argument and I, honestly, a little mean. But how can they give a room like that to people? I think I would wake up with mushrooms growing on my skin the next morning!

We got our money back eventually. That's why I gave two stars instead of just one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Carmen L
SiamGuestHouse, General Manager at Siam Guest House, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Having investigated this matter, we found that a disagreement had occurred regarding pricing and a refunding. However, we do take complaints seriously. Therefore, we have been addressing these issues. However, it is a fact we do not have prostitutes living at our guest house – the Siam Guest House.

Pattaya is a seaside resort located on the Eastern Gulf Coast of Thailand, about 150 km southeast of Bangkok. Pattaya is famous for its go-go and beer bars. But, the local officials have made some efforts to provide a family-friendly attractions and activities. Although the sex industry is still going strong and sex tourism remains the key money earner for Pattaya, the resort area also attracts local families and holidaymakers from around the world.

If you are going to be offended by the sight of fat old men hand in hand with young Thai women, then Pattaya is probably not the place for you.

Again, having considered more than 17 years of feedback, both, good & bad from past guests; we disagree with this guest’s unpleasant assessment of the Siam Guest. We have had over 7,000 guests since September 2011- with only one guest complaint- during this time period. However, we wish this backpacker well- from the Siam Guest House- "One of the Best Values in Pattaya.”

The General Manager Siam Guest House
POMPEY,UK
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I arrived to this guesthouse pre booked with Ebookers who were the only site with availabilty at the time all other sites were totally booked,when I arrived I was shown to my room number 25, when I opened the door I could not believe the standard of the room it was excellent.
I have stayed in may hotels and guesthouses throughout South East Asia but this was by far the best and very cheap.
The wifi connection is always 100% and fast, the room maid makes an excellent job of cleaning the room everyday to the original arrival standard her name Ben.
The guesthouse is situated in a ded end road so no noisey traffic and passing crowds.
Outside everyday passes the local food stalls on wheels so food of all types is available at very low costs.
This place is also very secure and guests are welcome without any judgements but security is also high .
The reservation manger Mulan is so professional she is always happy and smiling to all guests when ever you pass by a true credit to her bosses.
Every single employee of this guest house makes you feel welcome and are so helpful in all your needs and requirements.
I will definitely return and stay in room 25 again.
Mulan can be contacted direct on email lan.siamgh@msn.com or telephone +6638424245

Room Tip: I saw three rooms and all three at different rates were excellent.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo