“Great stay at billabong” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Billabong Hotel

Billabong Hotel
Ranked #119 of 509 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Sydney, Canada
“Great stay at billabong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

A great hotel in the middle of the action in LK Metro. Room good. Food cooked to perfection by Lek the lovely lady chef. Wan the lady manageress does a fantastic job of looking after hotel and guests. Any advice I needed was promptly attended to. Wish I had her working in my business. Do not hesitate to stay at the billabong. you will be pleasantly surprised. Also top value. Happy customer. Roy Australia

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Roy H

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at the Billabong the first time I came to Pattaya and have returned many times since. The rooms are a good size and cleaned daily. The bar / restaurant is large and airy. The staff and management are good fun.

Downsides are lack of a lift, no pool and this area can be a little noisy at times. Don't let any of this stop you though, it's a very nice place to stay in the heart of Pattaya.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank heatserve
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have just spent 10 days staying at the Billabong and I have to say it was great. Everything that I had hoped for and more. I have now stayed here 3 times and whilst the hotel retains its great friendly and fun atmosphere and buzz in the bar, the area around the place just gets better and better making it harder and harder to venture further out into other areas of Pattaya.

Long may it rock. I will return in about 4 months and very much looking forward to it already
PS - The breakfast after a hard night out is superb!

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tom D
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is set in the centre of LK Metro a street that seems to have most things
the hotel itself has big rooms nice bar, great breakfast and good location to most areas of pattaya
The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels, no lift so try and get on lower floors if you dont like walking stairs
The bar has some very nice hostesses who dont hassle you at all which creates a very nice atmosphere to relax in and watch the world go by

Room Tip: No lift so try and get lower floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank acmaple
Granger, In
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed in Thailand for a month with my first ten days at Billabong.
The girls working the bar were great. I used a credit card and the girl behind the bar accidently swipped my card twice for the ten day stay. I didn't know about it but she came up to my room and told me and she gave me cash for the extra swipe. No big deal and I liked the honesty.
Room was great, many many drawers and closet space, in fact out of the 5 places I stayed in Thailand this had the most space for your clothes and personal items.
You also get a discount on drinks in the bar if you stay at the hotel.
Location for me was perfect. Everything you would want is within walking distance. I found a large beer garden that became my favorite about a five minute walk away.
Ok now here is the biggest problem I had. After a couple of days I had welts and bites all over my legs. The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be bed bugs.
I wish I was wrong but there is no other answer. If it wasn't for that problem I would give this 5 stars for the value, service and location. In fact I would probably risk staying there again. May have just been an isolated incident since I see no one else has complained about this problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank redwhiskeypete
gregj69, General Manager at Billabong Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I would jut like to mention that Billabong has never had bedbugs. What the guest may have not been aware is that quite often people will get welts and bites from the midges and mosquitos which are sometimes in Pattaya.
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is my first time staying more than a mile from Walking Street. I wanted to see if I would like trying something different. I planned to stay only 3 days but stayed 6. I was on the forth floor. I had a single with a great balcony making it possible to view all the mayhem below. Note that the Billabong is surrounded by nightlife so only go there if you're looking to party or at least bear witness a party! Also the forth floor is the highest and it is still noisy well past 2:00AM so don't believe that getting a higher room will get you away from the noise.

Because the Billabong is a bar/hotel, you interact with the help quite often. The girls they have working there are amazing and fun. They are the sole reason I extended my stay. My hat goes off to the person who does the hiring there! They are all outgoing and personable.

Now for the few issues... First and fore most the plumbing has serious odor issues. I talked to one of the owners and he was well aware of it. He told me he invested thousands of dollars to fix it but to no avail. That is not the answer I wanted to hear...
To clear the odor I had to leave my balcony door and front door open to create a breeze which worked to clear the odor but did little for privacy. You can't leave your room that open when you leave and feel safe about any intruders so eventually you close the doors and the odor returns. The shower and bathroom floor is one too. they are not separate, so the floor stays wet for hours after a shower.

The next time I come to Pattaya, I will be sure to go to the Billabong for a beer or 2 but I will not be staying there until they fix the plumbing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

stayed in deluxe room for 2 weeks.staff extremely friendly and great service.sometimes got up pretty late but room usually still got cleaned and fresh towels daily.wifi was not bad speed and free in every room.when leaving the staff booked us a large air con taxi which was only 800 baht to airport.also one of the busiest bars in the area would recommend.

Room Tip: probably the higher the floor the quieter but i slept ok every night and morning on 3rd floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends