“Less seedy than expected”

Walking Street Pattaya
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you don't find this place interesting, there's no hope for you.

Despite all the girlie bars, I didn't find it sleazy. Just look at the tourists walking up and down...they're mostly families and often with small children. There was nothing visibly offensive on the street itself. You'd need to go inside the bars to view anything rated NC-17.

An interesting sight can be found near the entrance of Walking Street, at a bar where people are Thai boxing. You don't have to be inside the bar to watch.

I'm unsure why the WALKING STREET sign wasn't illuminated at the entrance for the four nights I was there. Seems like there's some indifference from whoever's in charge.

A tad annoying were the touts, but they're not as insistent as the ones you'd find in Bangkok's entertainment areas.

There is usually a table at the entrance staffed by tourist police. I'm not sure what they do there other than collect donations.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,013)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The street contains everything starting from foodstalls, bars to gogo shows. Security is excellent. Its a place to go for all.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I visited during the day time, so all of the dance clubs were closed. It looks like quite the happening place at night. Many shops line the street with various counterfeit goods; however, the shop keepers are much more mellow than those in Bangkok. Great place to walk around and grab a meal and people watch.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Found this place totally scary at night. We were hassled all the time! Should really have an open mind and it was a culture shock for us.

During the day, the place was quite dead but we felt safer.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This used to be a fun place to promenade if you had a sense of humour & some patience. In the few years since I was last in Pattaya it has, in my opinion, descended into a sleazy tourist trap. Not somewhere you'd take the kids. Ok, I suppose if your young & out for a good time & alcohol it might appeal, but I think it's now a place expert in separating the naive from their money.